Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-19-2003, 07:55 AM   #1
doggnutz

doggnutz is on a distinguished road
Default Time for a change

I can live with the fact that we had Dirk, Finely and Nash get hurt already in the season. This team is still talented enough to beat some of the teams we lost to. If you don't think Walker is good for this team pay close attention to what he does against the zone. He pentrates and finds the open man. I can live with his turnovers or 3 point shot because he is the only one right now that is taking people off the dribble. I love Finely but I think we need to trade him, delk or best and maybe Eddie for Wallace and maybe Ruben Boumtje(Portland doesn't need him nor do they use him). The reason I think we can live without Finely because he cannot dribble. As Finely skills slide a lil more this is going to hurt him. Starters: If this trade went down
Wallace\Ruben\Shawn\Fort
Dirk\Wallace\Fort
Walker\Jamison
Howard\Daniels
Nash\Best or Delk
doggnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE: Time for a change

no way I would ever want Sheed's crappy attitude in this mix..and for a classy guy like finley who has built this franchise?? a big NO to this trade

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Time for a change

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
no way I would ever want Sheed's crappy attitude in this mix..and for a classy guy like finley who has built this franchise?? a big NO to this trade
Agreed, besides for all who have a problem with Dirk playing at the 5, you can multiply that with Wallace at the 5. He is a SF. You have the same problem we now have with Walker and Jamison, how to get all of our SF on the floor at the same time. Dirk ends back at the 5.

If you are going to make any moves, it needs to be for a legitimate C and a backup PG. Keep looking at the Pacers folks. They have what we need. Clipps, too. The question is do we have a match for any of them with what we want to give up.

Give me this deal,

Indiana trades: C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.7 minutes)
PG Jamaal Tinsley (1.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 10.5 minutes)
Indiana receives: SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.8 minutes)
PG Tony Delk (7.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.2 ppg, +2.8 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Dallas trades: SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 22 games)
PG Jamaal Tinsley (1.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 4 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.2 ppg, -2.8 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

or this one

Dallas trades: PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 14.3 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Eddie House (6.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 16.5 minutes)
PF Melvin Ely (4.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 16.2 minutes)
PF Predrag Drobnjak (4.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.7 apg in 16.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: PG Eddie House (6.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 16.5 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23 games)
PG Tony Delk (7.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 19 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 24 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan
Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Agreed, besides for all who have a problem with Dirk playing at the 5, you can multiply that with Wallace at the 5. He is a SF. You have the same problem we now have with Walker and Jamison, how to get all of our SF on the floor at the same time. Dirk ends back at the 5.

If you are going to make any moves, it needs to be for a legitimate C and a backup PG. Keep looking at the Pacers folks. They have what we need. Clipps, too. The question is do we have a match for any of them with what we want to give up.

Give me this deal,

Indiana trades: C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.7 minutes)
PG Jamaal Tinsley (1.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 10.5 minutes)
Indiana receives: SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +7.2 ppg, +2.8 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Dallas trades: SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 22 games)
PG Jamaal Tinsley (1.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 4 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.2 ppg, -2.8 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

or this one

Dallas trades: PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 14.3 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Eddie House (6.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 16.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

L.A. Clippers trades: PG Eddie House (6.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.0 apg in 16.5 minutes)
L.A. Clippers receives: PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23 games)
PG Tony Delk (7.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 19 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 24 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
Dude, if you're going to rip 'Sheed that's fine. But do a little research. Wallace IS NOT a SF. Sure, he's playing that spot now because Randolph is at the 4 and Dale Davis is the 5... but that's only out of necessity. Those guys can't play anywhere else while Wallace is such a good defender that he can stick a SF, PF, or C.

If he were playing his natural position he would guard the opposing team's best frontcourt player on defense & he would play in the post on offense. Not only can he play Duncan, Webber, J Oneal, KG, etc., about as well as anyone in the league (he may be the league's only Duncan stopper) but he has one of the best post-up games in the NBA. He shot is unblockable (he shoots from he highest possible point) which would be a welcome change for a Mavs team that relies on wierd floaters from Jamison & Walker to score inside.

If you want to dog Sheed focus on his tendency to loose focus against less talented teams... or focus on his off court antics... or talk about how he is too unselfish... or say he gets T'ed up too much... but don't post patently false observations about his game.

Wallace may very well be a cancer. He may not like white people. He may have lost his passion for the game. But when he comes to play he can take over a game... and that's a true statement.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:18 PM   #5
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Dudette,

Nellie will not play Wallace at the 5. You have your opinion, and I have mine based upon my observations of how he has played against the Mavs.

I am trying to remember all those times he has shut Dirk down and just don't recall when it was. Perhaps you can enlighten all of us lesser mortals than you ( as in what you think about yourself)?
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:56 PM   #6
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: uberfan
Dudette,

Nellie will not play Wallace at the 5. You have your opinion, and I have mine based upon my observations of how he has played against the Mavs.

I am trying to remember all those times he has shut Dirk down and just don't recall when it was. Perhaps you can enlighten all of us lesser mortals than you ( as in what you think about yourself)?
Never said Wallace can shut down Dirk. Of course you can look to Games 2 and 6 of the 2003 Playoffs to see that he can be effective at times. Dirk shot 27% in those games. (To Dirk's credit he also shot 60% in the other four games for a combined 52% for the series)

That said, Wallace is not a Dirk stopper... Wallace is better defending the interior... and Dirk ran at the SF in that series (Mavs started LaF and Bradley).... which leads me to my point WHICH YOU FAILED TO ADDRESS... Wallace is not a small forward!!

I also never said you guys are "lesser mortals." On the contrary... most of the folks who post here are very knowledgeable... and I not only appreciate most of the commentary delivered here... I also respect those who present sound arguments and well thought-out opinions ... even if they differ from my own.

But I do not respect posters who don't know what they're talking about. And you sir, don't know what you're talking about. Wallace is not a SF. Enough said.

BTW - Dudette? C'mon.. That doesn't sound at all like you. You don't usually try to deliberately start problems. It's almost like someone of much lower intelligence was trying to imitate you.

I suggest you don't say things like that; it just makes you sound stupid. In fact, don't reply at all. It just makes you sound stupid.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 02:30 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it is time for a change but how about this one- not posting redundant trade threads.
Finley trades, Trades for Rasheed, and Finley for Rasheed trade threads are numerous
look here
and here
and here

All of these are on the top slide and do not require you to be an archivist....just a thought
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote