Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-20-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default "Two-Face" players.....

....I was just stuck on what to title this thread.....oh well

and that's a reference to a "villian" from a cartoon......

What is a "two-face" player? I'll tell you.....it's a player who is inarguably talented but inconsistent with glaring flaws to their games that on one night can look all-world and in another game look like he's never played the game before in their life. These are players who you love and who you hate because they can be oh so good and then dreadful soon after.....

Here's my list....

(I think a starting 5 is enough)

PG- I really had to debate this with myself. Kidd or Baron Davis? I don't know it's tough because Kidd can't shoot and he can't score....he's just as bad offensively as Ben Wallace. But he does so many other things and is consistent at them that his bad shooting is negated most of the time. So I'm going with Baron Davis.

Davis is not a pure PG but he's closer to that than Steve Francis at least in my book. Davis takes ridiculous shots....3's....many 3's....long 3's.....fade away 3's......and on some nights he makes a fair share but on other nights he can just brick them like he's blind.....sure he passes and rebounds some but not enough for you not to get mad at him for shooting the most stupidist shots of all time!

SG- Steve Francis......a lock here. He can't shoot anymore and maybe Jeff Van Gundy and his style has gotten to Francis but man does he just suck! He can still dunk with flare and is fast and quick but his shot is just well...shot......he rebounds great for a guy his size and passes well but never passes enough!

SF- Hmmmmm this really was hard....but I'm going with Shaw Marion....this dude thinks he can hit 3's with his messed up release but he can't. He takes stupid shots too and misses the most makeable. Sure he boards well and blocks shots, but he's pretty long and tall so he should be doing these things.....he's got mad hops and looks like an All-star most of the time.....but has he ever been an All-star??? I don't remember.....lately every time I look he bricks everything and doesn't box out properly...plus he can't pass......

PF- Walker.....I don't have to say much do I??? He's just Walker.....

C- I'm really lost on this one......I mean are there any real Centers left?? Who knows.....maybe Barkely and Shaq ate them all (someone should investigate). Well it's a toss up really but between Shaw Bradley and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.....Bradley doesn't start anymore so he's really a bench player....so I'm going with Big Z.....this guy HAS been an all-star (so what if it's in the East-they get to have all-stars too!) and I remember it actually as opposed to Marion.....anyway Big Z can be a great great offensive player down low...he's got a great touch for a C and he can block shots when he wants too....his problem?? He isn't very physical at all and he's slow as a hell! He's also injury prone and disappears in big games (although this year he's played very well and lately).....sometimes you just want to choke him!!!

Well that's my list......not like you guys care because it has really nothing to do with the Mavs.....and it'll probably get locked up since you know my views and opinions are just not thought highly on here......oh well....I was bored.....and Walker inspired me.....

How many minutes did he get tonight??? I think it had to be more than 18.....had to.....
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:"Two-Face" players.....

No one cares...get help...
Old 03-20-2004, 12:49 AM   #3
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default RE: "Two-Face" players.....

LOL!

I'm fine thanks....I do need more Maverick wins though......it's addicting!
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote