Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-22-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Here are the players mavs are missing

I am not including Raef and NVE who were the major players traded and both were hurt the whole season.

We are missing:

1). Avery Johnson --- Better coach than Nellie and can get into the face of any player and tell him like it is.
2). Raja Bell --- This guy was a pretty good shooter and had an attitude and use to bug the opponents. He used to guard some of the good players and had the heart to get into the face of any opponent and usually ended up getting himself and the opponent player ejected or atleast get the player out of Rhythm.
3). Adrian Griffin --- Another good role player who used to be pretty decent shooter while he used to guard the opponents shooting guards pretty well. He was injured most of the time but used to be effective whenever he was on the floor.
4). Walt Williams --- Great player to have on the team. Experienced veteran who showed us how much he could help in the playoffs. Stepped up great in the Sac series and played great when Dirk got injured.

Man I miss the last years team so much. Although they had some deficiencies defensively, they atleast used to put in the effort to win each game and had a great team chemistry. Also these players were a good supporting cast for the Big Three which is very important for the mavs to do anything.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:40 PM   #2
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Here are the players mavs are missing

Looks like we must have ESP or something; your thread just beat mine. I'm sure that means that they'll lock mine. It doesn't matter, what matters is that being a Mavs fan this year really sucks. It really seems like we made some BIG mistakes in the offseason. The only good, I guess that came from this trade was that we got out from under Raef's deal; I wonder who the next coach is going to be? I'm sure Nellie will be gone at the end of the season. As much as I like him as a coach and admire his genius, he's not going to take us all the way. It's really too bad that our luck ran out last year; that was probably the best shot of his entire coaching career. But, WHO can take us to the next level? Riley?
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough

Wow. Pining for Walt Williams...how low has this team sunk?
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:21 AM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I like that the word used in this thread is "missing" instead of "lacking".

There is no doubt in my mind that this team is lacking certain ingredients like a shotblocker, etc.

More importantly, though, they are missing these players.

For what it's worth, I miss them to. I did the moments both deals were done. And no, this isn't the re-live the past. I understand the logic and why the franchise thought the moves necessary. But I miss all those guys - Nick, Raef, Raja, Griff, Walt, Avery, Popeye, Esch, and even Rigaudeau.

I think the players and coaches miss them too.

I know that no one would ever admit it or say it, but I wonder if this team would call re-do if they could?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote