Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-27-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default Where in the world is Danny Fortson?

Why hasn't he played at all in the playoffs? I thought he would have been excellent last night. The Mavs were being outrebounded...he's a rebounding machine. The most he's played this season is 31 minutes in which he had 16 rebounds, 8 of which were offensive rebounds I believe. He's a physical player and last night was very physical. Eddie has been getting PT due to his physical play, but why not Fortson? (I know Eddie is quicker) During the regular season I thought he was a key player on the Mavs when things got rough in some games and he helped pull the team through. I'm not saying he's an amazing player by any means, but I think he gives the team a toughness that nobody else does. He's a player that will work hard to score in the paint and will rebound. The Mavs were being killed on rebounds, but didn't turn to probably the best rebounder on the team. Am I the only one that is curious as to why he didn't get called on?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2004, 04:04 PM   #2
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default RE:Where in the world is Danny Fortson?

I agree with you. I bet we will see more of Fortson and Delk now that the series is basically over. This team hasn't had the bench heroes like in the past. Nick with huge offensive games, as well as Walt Williams and Raja Bell. I just can't figure out what's wrong with this team. We could very easily be up 3-1.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Where's Nick when we need him. He's the only the guy in this team last year that want the rock when it matters. The rest are like a bunch of chickens without head. There is no true leader in this team.
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

No offense to any of you, but the series is most definitely not over yet. Three games may seem like a lot in the playoffs, but it's only THREE GAMES! We strung together 9 this year, and I certainly think another 3 is possible. So don't rule out the possibility of a miracle...

In terms of Danny Fortson, both him and Shawn Bradley could have made the difference in game 4. I wouldn't have minded Fortson in there for the last 5 minutes last night, he could have grabbed a lot of important rebounds that we missed. We gave up too many offensive rebounds the entire game, and I think the absence of Fortson/Bradley deserves a portion of the blame. Why does Don Nelson even have these guys on his team if he's never going to use them when we need them most?
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:50 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The fat lady is warming up her vocal cords. We need to win three in a row against a Kings team that is gaining confidence and we are a team that has lost confidence and gone back to our crappy old habits. If we lose ANY of the next three we are out. We next play in Sacramento where we will probably lose. If we win we come home where a win isnt a given. Then we finish off the series in Sacramento if we can win the next two. Technically the series isnt over but for all intents and purposes we will see a first round exit.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote