Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-20-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default Priceless

Tickets for two: $300
Food & Drinks: $40
Watching Chris Webber fall to the floor and weep after single-handedly eliminating his team from the playoffs: Priceless
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all
Default RE:Priceless

Oh man, that's bad.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

At least he didn't call timeout this time.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:01 PM   #4
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

is there anything specific that he did to make his team lose?

that is something i would want to hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar

that is something i would want to hear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
well first he rejoined his team which made them worse. They looked like WCF team without him and a first round team with him.

then he missed the final three that would have brought on overtime in game 7.

God bless the little stinker. I'm glad that his arrogance was knocked down a step.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Along with what EL said, his wide-open missed layup with less than a minute left really did his team over. Ah, I love that picture so much.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman55
Quote:

Along with what EL said, his wide-open missed layup with less than a minute left really did his team over. Ah, I love that picture so much.
forgot about the layup. That makes it even more classic.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #8
cheesestar
Golden Member

hehe thanks...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

if webber continues to play this bad and adleman continues to play him, it wont be long before the kings are on their way down![img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

but then again theyve already been down ever since webber's return...
Old 05-20-2004, 04:29 PM   #9
cheesestar
Golden Member

btw, is that a king yelling at him in the background?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #10
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
btw, is that a king yelling at him in the background?
Yeah, I noticed that too... looks like he wants to choke the living *hit out of Webber, can ya blame him?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:58 PM   #11
cheesestar
Golden Member

well for missing the three yes..

but for coming back,would never blame him [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #12
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Atleast he shows passion
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:25 AM   #13
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Serious question. Why is Webber so generally disliked by people?

Is it the fact that he took money in college? If so, most of your favorite players aren't clean either.
Is it because he lied? He's not the first.
Is it because he smoked weed? That describes the majority of the league, according to some players.
Is it because he got caught with a gun? I might carry too. He didn't shoot anyone.
Is it because he's a King?

Now, I want to make myself clear. I don't approve of or condone the things Webber has done. I also realize that he is a kind, well-spoken man who made most of his mistakes in his youth. I can also see a guy who has spent a great portion of his money collecting African-American artifacts so that he might be able to make some contributions to many children in this country who might otherwise not have the opportunities to learn about such things.

He isn't without flaws. In fact, as far as flaws go, his are very well-documented. But he seems to be a stand up guy who sincerely and genuinely loves his profession.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:03 AM   #14
mavsman55
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33But he seems to be a stand up guy who sincerely and genuinely loves his profession.
And at the same time, manages to be one of the biggest crybabies in the NBA. Haven't you heard about the whole Najera situation?
Old 05-21-2004, 06:18 AM   #15
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I think the Webber haters go overboard from time to time. He didn't kill or rape nobody, did he?

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 06:42 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
Serious question. Why is Webber so generally disliked by people?

Is it the fact that he took money in college? If so, most of your favorite players aren't clean either.
Is it because he lied? He's not the first.
Is it because he smoked weed? That describes the majority of the league, according to some players.
Is it because he got caught with a gun? I might carry too. He didn't shoot anyone.
Is it because he's a King?

Now, I want to make myself clear. I don't approve of or condone the things Webber has done. I also realize that he is a kind, well-spoken man who made most of his mistakes in his youth. I can also see a guy who has spent a great portion of his money collecting African-American artifacts so that he might be able to make some contributions to many children in this country who might otherwise not have the opportunities to learn about such things.

He isn't without flaws. In fact, as far as flaws go, his are very well-documented. But he seems to be a stand up guy who sincerely and genuinely loves his profession.

Add all of that together plus he's proven to be a mental midget during the clutch throughout his career. Can I get a Timeout anyone? Plus, he whines entirely too much. He looks as if he always about to cry.

And most people haven't lied in front of a grand jury.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote