Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-26-2004, 10:04 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default the 2 top Shaqless trades

Considering I think getting Shaq will cost too much. Here are the 2 trades I would look at that would get rid of Walker, and bring in Center depth.

<u> TRADE #1 </u>

Dallas trades
Walker
Delk
Flores
3 mil

New York Trades

Thomas
Mutombo
Anderson

why Dallas does
to get depth at both PF and C.

Mutombo / Bradley / Pavel
Dirk / Thomas
Fin / JHO
Quese/ Stack
Nash / Harris

Dallas would become tougher immediately, and have a good mentor for Pavel (although I doubt they could understand each other)
And really deep, just imagine the bench being a complete Eastern Conf. playoff team[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Why New York does
They want Walker, and are offering Thomas to everyone. So in this scenario they gain AW and a young scorer(Flores) and also dump the otherwise undumpable Anderson

<u> TRADE #2 </u>

Dallas trades:
Walker
Flores
3 mil

Golden State trades:
Dampier(signed at anywhere between 9.3-13.7 mil)
Esch

[i]why dallas does: [i]
to get Dampier, and hope he performs in a non contract year.

Dampier / Bradley / Pavel
Dirk / (L8/Naj/Fort) Combo
Fin / JHO
Quese / Stack
Nash / Harris

why GS does

to get something in return for Dampier, and dump the only multitear deal they have, while grabbing another young guard as throw in.
Also Walker would be bait for NY, or someonelse later on that wants to dump $.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:39 PM   #2
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all
Default RE:the 2 top Shaqless trades

I LOVE trade #2!!!????
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:58 PM   #3
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Cant you work NVE into the deal somehow?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: the 2 top Shaqless trades

Quote:
Cant you work NVE into the deal somehow?
Why?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:28 AM   #5
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

GS is likely to get better offers for Dampier
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:36 AM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

NEITHER, I'd leave Dallas alone as they are
Old 06-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

no brainer, walker has to go and we still need a center not named shawn.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:37 PM   #8
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I would do trade #2 and move Dampier to someome else. For all the talk about Dampier coming into his own the past year, you have to remember he is 30. Do you want to tie him for 5-6 years at $10MM per?

I still want to explore other options myself. If I am the Mavs, and I truly think Pavel has what it takes, I first try to get Shaq without giving up Dirk or hopefully Nash. If that fails I would rather plug in a Foyle or Nazr Mohammed somehow for less money. The drop off between Dampier of this past season and those two is not that great.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:48 PM   #9
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

If we don't get Shaq...I'm sure either Foyle, Dampier, Big Z or Ostertag will be our starting Center. Can any of these guys post up??

Z averaged 2.6 bpg last season..I may be coming around on this guy. I would rather have Foyle but hey, our defense would be greatly improved.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:50 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Could everyone remember also that the Mavs need to get rid of a couple of guys, not increase teh roster size or keep it the same?

I agree with Evil....leave 'em alone. See what they can do. Unless a no-brainer comes along of course.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #11
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

You can not leave this team alone. You need to get a center for Walker. You are not winning the championship without a center that Nellie is committed to playing 30 minutes a night.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote