Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-29-2004, 03:46 AM   #1
arkuo

arkuo is on a distinguished road
Default trade while keeping dirk/nash..

Rumor has it Dallas has called Detroit to gauge interest in potential sign and trade involving Rasheed. Dallas is believed to view Wallace as a possible plan B if it can not get Shaq. Problem is Detroit does not want to take on a long term contract, but is willing to do a sign and trade if it appears that Rasheed could cause problems if he doesn't get $$$ to his liking in his next deal with Detroit. Dumars has repeatedly said he will not over pay for Wallace or Okur and has backup plans.

Joe Dumars called Dallas to talk about Rasheed Wallace. Have you heard anything about that? I know Shaq is the talk everywhere online but Cuban isn't going to trade his whole team to get him so I guess Rasheed would be an option after Shaq. Any hear anything about this?

dallas trades- stackhouse, delk, finley OR walker, picks or cash
recieves - rasheed, williamson, prince

detroit trades- sheed, williamson, prince
recieves- stackhouse, delk, finley OR walker, picks or cash

works well in realgm..

if ever that happens, our lineup would look like this.. (we still have either finley or walker or whoever detroit chooses)

C- sheed / pavel / bradley
PF- dirk / najera / laettner
SF- prince / williamson
SG- quis / howard
PG- nash / harris

i really don't like sheed. he might even teach 19 year old pavel to smoke pot.. but if getting shaq means slowing dallas' game and breaking up nash and dirk and cuban spending tons of cash and getting his fat ass here to hope for a championship, forget it.

i would rather let the team build it's chemistry, let the rookies gain some experience and let the pothead play center. i know it isn't everyday that teams encounter the shaq sweepstakes, but if getting him means letting go of 4-5 of my players, again, forget bout it..

getting shaq isn't a guaranteed cahmpionship. not only does he get richer, he also is getting older.

no dirk, no shaq?! then so be it.

-----------------------------------------

welcome to dallas! one third of your 0-3 road trip.
arkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2004, 03:58 AM   #2
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: trade while keeping dirk/nash..

"Rumor has it Dallas has called Detroit to gauge interest in potential sign and trade involving Rasheed. Dallas is believed to view Wallace as a possible plan B if it can not get Shaq"

I dont believe "rumors"like this. The Mavs inner circle is incredibly tight lipped. So when you hear such rumors, they started with someone who DOESNT know. Even the Mavs media doesnt know of "trade targets" and they spend all day trying to get info and asking.

The Mavs ask about EVERYONE. They say so. But who they really want, no one knows.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 AM   #3
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:trade while keeping dirk/nash..

I wouldn't mind having Sheed,but only if he isn't targeted to be another misplaced Center.
IF we get a true Center like Dampier,Sheed could be a good player to have on the roster,but it raises a different question,if we got Sheed and a Center,than either Dirk or Sheed has to play SF,and though we like to think Dirk has that position down,he still has a hard time guarding SF's.
So,will Sheed be another best 6th man?will he even want to?
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:04 AM   #4
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

To give further perspective, it is quite unlikely that Detroit will offer anyone a SNT for Sheed. If they do so, they have no money for Okur.

If Sheed is going, I bet they renounce his rights and sign Okur instead. That leaves Sheed for a team with an MLE or for one with cap room. Dallas has neither. And if Sheed is staying, obviously that also leaves Dallas out.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:06 AM   #5
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

NP ...good point...."we dont need no stinkin' PFs" added onto this roster - we already tried that, and it sux. Dirk is the PF here.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:11 AM   #6
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

N_P: I think Rasheed could guard the SFs, but I agree--no more PFs trying to play center (except for Laettner if still here). Get a true center.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:32 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
NP ...good point...."we dont need no stinkin' PFs" added onto this roster - we already tried that, and it sux. Dirk is the PF here.
a lesson learned the hard way.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 09:52 AM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

No one has mentioned the fact that Detroit will not be giving up Prince for as bad a package as that. Prince won the championship for them by completely shutting down Kobe. They passed on 'Melo because of Prince, and he's a big part of their future.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #9
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Detroit doesnt need Stack or Fin...they got Rip and Prince