Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
arkuo

arkuo is on a distinguished road
Default bye bye steve..

there is a news that nash has reached a verbal agreement with the suns for a 5 year $65 mil contract with an optional 6th.. that being said, devin harris has to start.. with no nba experience, i don't think he can make entry passes to our center (shaq if possible) our doin pick and rolls with dirk..

so i thought the mavs should aquire jason kidd from the nets since they're heavily shopping him and kittles in struggle to keep martin..
kidd would make an excellent mentor for harris while he returns to his first nba team where he won rookie of the year award with co-rookie grant hill.. he also gets his jersey retired in dallas..

so i came up with this..

dallas trades- walker, laettner OR stackhouse, stefansson
recieves- kidd, mourning

jersey trades- kidd, mourning
recieves- walker, laettner OR stackhouse, stefansson

C- laettner??/ bradley / pavel
PF- dirk / najera / fortson
SF- finley / howard
SG- quis / stack??
PG- kidd / harris / delk

new jersey is rebuilding and chooses the younger martin over kidd.. they are badly in need of cash to sign martin with the incoming new management. they get huge cap relief in walker and laettner. or get a former all star in stack and get a young PG prospect in stefansson.

doesn't say much in dallas' side. doesn't solve our center problems but gets an immeadiate replacement for the departure of nash. i think kidd can really run the dallas offense coz jersey's fastbreak style of play doesn't differ much with dallas considering dallas drafted him in 1995.. best of all, he can PASS the ball.. he is a pass first shoot second kind of PG.. surrounded by dirk, finley, quis, stack and howard.. he'll have endless options..

plus, aquiring him gives us another option for the shaq sweepstakes if you know what i mean.. if LA doesn't wanna make a deal, then we'll stick with kidd.. the only big downside here is if this happens, we won't be able to aquire shaq anymore.. we won't have enough trading pieces left... so it's a choice between the best PG or the best C in the league IMO.. but without a good and experienced PG, having a great C who couldn't get decent entry passes doesn't do much IMO..

arkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links