Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-10-2004, 05:52 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default New Jersey Trade Revisited

Poindexter, I'll probably need some of your help here, and the numbers may not work, but was just tossing this around in my head. If the Shaq deal falls through, the Mavs trade:

Antoine Walker
Christian Laettner
Josh Howard
Tony Delk
Rights to PPod
Future #1

The Nets send back:
Kidd
Resigned KMart
Alonzo Mourning

The Mavs can then trot out:
Kidd/Harris/AJ
Daniels/Stackhouse/Steffanson
Finley/
Dirk/Najera/Fortson
KMart/DJ Mbenga/Bradley
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: New Jersey Trade Revisited

obviously the nets do this to clear a ton of salary and rebuild around richard jefferson. they get a nice swingman in howard and a nice big man prospect in pavel.

the mavs get a PG to replace nash, pick up kmart. i know a ton of people think kmart can't play the center position, but who in the west would really give him any problems at the 5 spot? especially if shaq goes on to the east.

with kidd running the show, daniels, finley, and stack are going to get a ton of easy looks. with kmart behind dirk, the interior defense gets instantly better.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #3
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default RE:New Jersey Trade Revisited

That one needs a real capologist (like P.E.) to figure out. But my rough out seems to think it should work, if Bradley also goes to N.J.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good, but Cuban would have to do a complete 180 on his comments about the type of contract he would give an old PG.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I'm on board, although weary of kidd's contract.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

With this, we'd be seeing the kind of ball that we are acustom to seeing. However, it could be real good and very interesting. I'd do it.

Just a thought though, If we were going to do this, then why don't we just match the deal Pho offered Nash and have him pull a Boozer? Then S&T for Ostertag or Dampier?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:10 AM   #7
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

Antoine Walker
Christian Laettner
Josh Howard
Tony Delk
Rights to PPod
Future #1

The Nets send back:
Kidd
Resigned KMart
Alonzo Mourning

This deal as composed probably gets kicked on base year issues. Also ...The base year issues with Martin - the numbers on his deal are relevant - to rework it, the cap match has to be very precise to avoid needing team 3

Cant do the deal with Laettner (60 day rule) ...KMart wont last that long

ALSO ...I wouldnt take Zo in this deal ... eating Kidds deal is MAJOR favor to NJ ...if you take Kidd off their hands, they will hand you KMart I bet

SO ..... in general, something like the following 5-for-2 PROBABLY will work cap-wise (depends on KM's contract) and makes more sense

Kmart + Kidd .....FOR .... Walker + Fortson + Delk + Flores + Pavel .....(NJ gets 2 young players and is back under the Tax limit in a year) ...

OR ...You might package Delk and one of the kids elsewhere makng it 3 way and it gets NJ under tax number immediately ...

My guess - Any deal here shouldnt take Zo and I would think Howard wouldnt be needed ... the deal needs to free up roster spots in Dallas as a side goal
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 03:57 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kmart + Kidd .....FOR .... Walker + Fortson + Delk + Flores + Pavel .....(NJ gets 2 young players and is back under the Tax limit in a year) ...
Talk about a tough pill to try and get the Nets fan base to swallow. I would be pretty surprised to actually see the Nets go through with a trade that deals Kidd and Martin, their two best players.

BUT, if they did...

Martin - Bradley - Benga
Nowitzki - Laettner - Najera
Finley - Howard
Daniels - Stackhouse
Kidd - Harris

That's a team that's a favorite to win the West.

Old 07-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

martin is no center, he is tough, but a center he is not...and I may be mistaken, but I thought that the mavs could not trade a #1 because of a recent trade?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote