Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-28-2002, 11:10 PM   #1
MackJack

MackJack is on a distinguished road

There has been a couple comments made about a particular individual making racist comments, yet nothing has been done. Take a look at the Clippers thread in the Around the NBA Section, and you will see what I am saying. With all the world has gone through there's really no room for BS like that, and some insuates that for basically being young and black that they are a thug. I need answers about this, why hasn't anything been done. I am not saying any names, but I believe everyone knows who I am talking about if they look at the thread in the NBA section.
MackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2002, 11:28 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly was racist in that thread? All I saw was some reference to the Clips players as young thugs. That's not racist..tasteless perhaps, but not racist. I think everyone here has called the Jazz or Lakers a bunch of thugs but that has nothing to do with race either.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

believing that someone is a thug doesn't imply race.
i believe that jwilliams is a thug..he's white. i believe that several hockey players are thugs.. they are white.
I have known my share of white people that are thugs.

it's not racism to call someone a thug.

Sorry, but you really have no basis for your argument.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:31 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'll use this thread as to let you know that you've been banned MackJack. We've warned you numerous times and this is the final straw.

Im sure you'll show up again.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:31 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

not even tasteless. maybe not alot of them are thugs..but, when perhaps their best player is likely to be on a drug suspension at any time.. i think i have a case for myself
Old 03-28-2002, 11:32 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

damn, quick draw mcgraw.. i'm proud of myself.. i even held off without insulting him
Old 03-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I just wouldn't call the WHOLE team a bunch of thugs just because of one player's stupidity. They're an immature bunch, no doubt, but oh well.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:35 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

judging by some other players attitudes and on court demeanor, i would say that more than one player has the ability to be a thug.. however, they do have some class guys and they do have some talent
Old 03-28-2002, 11:50 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Do I lose posts when you delete a thread that I had posted in?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:51 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< Do I lose posts when you delete a thread that I had posted in? >>

No, only the people ahead of me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:56 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

that's racist
Old 03-29-2002, 01:55 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL murph.

Wow...mackjack got the axe faster than he usually does.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 04:55 AM   #13
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< Wow...mackjack got the axe faster than he usually does. >>

Which do you prefer, Jack in the Box or a Big Mack?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 09:37 AM   #14
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Just a refresher. Why did RMF-RCF-????-MackJack get permanently banned from LMF Fan Forum? Because he called Wang Zhu Zhu a chink.

Top notch comedy.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 10:27 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The irony is completely underwhelming

LOL
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote