Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #41
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE:Antonio Bryant Traded

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
I was actually being sarcastic with our current situation at DB, but I would welcome him as well as Edwards back... They both were further along than any other option we have across from Newman, (though Williams actually suprised me last week and played a solid game)!
Did you watch Edwards get lit up last night? Bulger picked him apart.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:15 PM   #42
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Aren't Bill's "personal feelings" part of the reason he is so highly respected as a coach & gm?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:18 PM   #43
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Antonio Bryant Traded

Actually no I didnt, (I was watching baseball), but to that I would simply ask if you have watched our DBs get picked apart ALL YEAR???

Whatever he has allowed is by far not as bad as what we have allowed... Nobody claimed either of them to be Champ Baileys; however, they are much better than what we currently have...
Old 10-19-2004, 05:23 PM   #44
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Actually no I didnt, (I was watching baseball), but to that I would simply ask if you have watched our DBs get picked apart ALL YEAR???

Whatever he has allowed is by far not as bad as what we have allowed... Nobody claimed either of them to be Champ Baileys; however, they are much better than what we currently have...
I never said our current situation is an upgrade. But to want Mario Edwards back means you would have matched or uped the offer from the Bucs.

Mario Edwards for 6 yrs @ 18 Million + 2 Million signing bonus = hell no.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:28 PM   #45
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Just because he signed that deal with Tampa does not necessarily mean that we could not have signed him for a lesser deal had we been interested... He may have preferred Dallas if Dallas would have made a committment, we don't know... What I do know is that we lost two talented guys in Edwards and Ross for nothing, and that sucks!

In fact, if I knew the situation we would have been in this year, I would have really thought about making that offer to Edwards, as the pickens were just that slim in the off season, (that is unless you wanted to commit money to guys that are near the legal social security age)!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:31 PM   #46
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Dan I know you think our secondary is the worst in the league and you know this becaue you are the only poster on this site that watches Cowboy games. That being said, do you watch any NFL games besides Cowboy games?

Our defense is ranked 9th in the league in passing yards allowed per game and 12th in completion percentage allowed. I know you get tired of hearing this, but cornerbacks get beat every week...often. Like George Bush would say: This is hard work. It's probably physically the hardest position to play in the league. You're chasing a guy who runs a 4.4 and can stop on a dime and change directions. Most people can't do that more than 2 or 3 seconds and our pass rush is often lacking.

Why bring back a guy who we know can't play (Edwards) instead of giving a guy a chance who may be able to play? Edwards is a head case, that's why he's on his 3rd team already. He had issues in college, but we overlooked them and it came back to bite us in the ass.

Old 10-19-2004, 05:40 PM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Edited because it was off topic and this is a good thread!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 05:56 PM   #48
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dont be a prick Dirno... You already started shit with Sike and I dont have time for it...
I didn't start anything with Sike.

...and why are you calling me a prick when you have asked me and you just asked Capital City if we watch the games?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:07 PM   #49
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Edited because it was off topic and this is a good thread!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 06:20 PM   #50
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Bottom line is that I hope Quincy Morgan makes some good contributions soon after losing Bryant for him!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #51
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Anyone still think he's trying to rebuild this year. I believe Bill is trying to do two at the same time. I don't get this trade. I think you could argue that Quincy is better than Bryant right now but that has alot to do with age and experience. It's clear the more talented is Bryant. This team doesn't even look like the same Cowboys we had last season. So far when Bill has gotten rid of a player they haven't really had anymore success than they have had with the Cowboys but this one could bite him in the ass.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #52
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bryant will Have a better season with the Browns than Morgan will with the Cowboys.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #53
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I agree, it does look like Bill is trying to rebuild. What, with two first round draft picks next year he's got a good opportunity. QB and Left End anyone?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:33 AM   #54
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

i think bill got rid of Antonio Bryant because he honestly believes that despite his talent he will amount to jack squat in the NFL. why he thinks that, i don't know except for well documented attitude problems. I am sure that day in and day out dealings with bryant told bill he is a loser despite his talent.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:38 AM   #55
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I certainly do not agree with that FCC... I think Bill just let his feelings toward Bryant get in the way of the team's goals... The same way he let that happen with Ross, Edwards, and Stewart... He is stubborn and he will not put up with shit no matter if he hurts his team or not... Unfortunately, as it stands today, I believe he did!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #56
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

none of those players you just mentioned has had a great impact on their new respective teams .....
Old 10-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #57
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I sure wouldn't mind Derek Ross at corner for us this year. Those 5 interceptions his rookie year don't look half bad.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2004, 07:38 PM   #58
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God...can't all of you hold it together while I'm on vacation? I don't want to return home to read this type of bad news.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:12 PM   #59
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

QB in the draft? Have you ever heard of Drew Henson? The badass QB who would have been picked over David Carr in 2002? Yea, he is a Cowboy and will dominate. We might draft a CB like Antrel Rolle, Corey Webster, or Marlin Jackson, a DT like Rodrique Wright or a gamebraking WR such as Mike Williams, Chris Henry, or Braylon Edwards.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #60
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Go for the best player in the draft. If he's a quarterback go and get him. You can always trade down and get the guy you want. If he's a running back go and get him. The only position this team doesn't need an upgrade on is Tight end.

1996-2005
Old 10-20-2004, 09:39 PM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Go for the best player in the draft. If he's a quarterback go and get him. You can always trade down and get the guy you want. If he's a running back go and get him. The only position this team doesn't need an upgrade on is Tight end.
But we could sure stand for our TE to stop making dumb penalties!

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #62
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

And game losing fumbles!!! (I love Whitten by the way!)
Old 10-21-2004, 08:45 PM   #63
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

QB and RB? Do you watch the Cowboys? We are grooming Henson to be our future starter, like lots of other teams do with young QBs. Should Cincinati draft a QB because Carson Palmer isn't ready yet? Drew Henson is our young future starter and it would be beyond stupid to waste a pick on another younger, less talented QB. Also, why should we waste a pick on a RB when we have no idea how good Julius Jones is. Remember him? The back we drafted in the second round less than 6 months ago. There is no point in giving up on him so quickly because we haven't seen how good he is yet. His brother is tearing it up in Chicago right now. We need alot of help at DL, our secondary, and a gamebraking WR.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:00 PM   #64
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Phil Helmuth
QB and RB? Do you watch the Cowboys? We are grooming Henson to be our future starter, like lots of other teams do with young QBs. Should Cincinati draft a QB because Carson Palmer isn't ready yet? Drew Henson is our young future starter and it would be beyond stupid to waste a pick on another younger, less talented QB. Also, why should we waste a pick on a RB when we have no idea how good Julius Jones is. Remember him? The back we drafted in the second round less than 6 months ago. There is no point in giving up on him so quickly because we haven't seen how good he is yet. His brother is tearing it up in Chicago right now. We need alot of help at DL, our secondary, and a gamebraking WR.
WTH? Do you watch the Cowboys? Henson isn't even out on the field. Difference between Palmer and Henson is that Palmer is on the field right now. Henson isn't. The way you think is exactly why the Cowboys became such a poor team in the late and mid 90's. They spoke exactly like you. "Oh, well we need a defensive end let's draft Shante Carver." A couple of years later, "Well, we still need a defensive end let's draft Ebenezer Ekuban". I'd go for the best player available. As I stated you can always trade down and get the player you may need but don't skip up the most talented player in the draft because you want to fill a need. This is exactly why we have one of the greatest safetys in the game. Cowboys went for the best player in the draft and that was Roy Williams.

1996-2005
Old 10-21-2004, 10:01 PM   #65
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
But we could sure stand for our TE to stop making dumb penalties!
Yea that does suck. He isn't playing his best football out there either. Not sure what has gone on with him.

1996-2005
Old 11-28-2004, 03:45 PM   #66
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

In a game that looks absolutely insane, Antonio Bryant has 107 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns for the Browns today against the Bengals.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #67
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Well, we knew he had at least some talent. I guess all he really needed was a starting job.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #68
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
In a game that looks absolutely insane, Antonio Bryant has 107 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns for the Browns today against the Bengals.
Don't even mention an ex-Cowboy who Bill gave up on. I think with Bryant it was personal with Bill and for all I know he's probably been trying to get rid of Bryant the day after he threw that jersey in his face. Bryant's gonna be a player because when you have a player who is disgruntled because he wants to play I would think that would be a great worry to have. I also have a strong feeling that Keyshawn had some say in the depature of Bryant. Bryant's gonna be a player and we are going to regret giving up on him. I can't imagine what the Browns situation is gonna look like in a couple of years with Bryant and Winslow playing the reciever and tight end position.

1996-2005
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #69
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy

Bryant ended the game with 8 receptions, 137 yards, and 2 touchdowns with his longest reception being 55 yards.

In our last three games Quincey Morgan has cought only 8 passes for 85 yards and no touchdowns.

Ouch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 04:11 PM   #70
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

The sad thing is, if Bryant had stayed here, as soon as Glenn became hurt he would be getting the play time he wanted.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:54 PM   #71
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
The sad thing is, if Bryant had stayed here, as soon as Glenn became hurt he would be getting the play time he wanted.
The sadder thing is, we chose to keep Keyshawn over Bryant. Haven't most of the interceptions thrown by Cowboys QBs been intended for Keyshawn?
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 06:05 PM   #72
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
The sadder thing is, we chose to keep Keyshawn over Bryant. Haven't most of the interceptions thrown by Cowboys QBs been intended for Keyshawn?
It sure seems like it

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote