Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-27-2004, 01:03 AM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default lakers kings game shows how much the kings suck

this game shouldn't even be close....Kings should be blowing them out easily

webber can barely move..odom was getting past him without even crossing him over....webber can't jump either..he's getting stuffed by 2 guards when tries to go up to dunk

sad...and floppy is hardly playing for the lakers
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2004, 06:43 AM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: lakers kings game shows how much the kings suck

Well, I'm certainly not pulling for the Kings, but they have won their last 7 straight games now, and Webber's statline of 22 points, 16 rebounds, and 7 assists was pretty darned impressive tonight. Of course, Phoenix and (maybe) Denver were perhaps, the only formidable teams that Sacramento faced during that stretch, but they still are currently looking pretty formidable, and their problems with Kobe's Lakers notwithstanding, are probably not a team that should be taken lightly...
Old 11-27-2004, 08:43 PM   #3
Mavs4skin

Mavs4skin is on a distinguished road
Default RE:lakers kings game shows how much the kings suck

Yeah the Lakers are by no means a crappy team. In the East they would be a top contender. Plus from what I have seen thus far the Kings look like a serious contender to make it out of the west. They started out bad but have got things going, beating the Suns, Rockets, Grizz, and the Lakers during the streak. Hopefully Dallas will get going b/c right now they look a little lost.
Mavs4skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I'd agree that the Kings should have handled the Lakers much more easily, but after the way they opened the season going 0-3 in TX, I'll take wins anyway the Kings can get them.

CWebb is still having trouble on back-to-backs, and worse, his lift on his jumper hasn't really been there all season...most of his misses are front rim.

And at this point I'd consider them a notch or two below the Spurs, and probably a notch below the Mavs and Twolves in the West. Still expecting the air to leave the Sonics' balloons.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:17 AM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

I cannot understand why webber gets all the excuses from everyone that he does not have the Jump in the legs lkike he used to, how about the kings fans booing him out of NBA for undeservadly making tons of money. Webber cannot play defense and he has never showed that he can win aq playoff series by himself when everything is on the line. Damn, he could not even make free throws to give the kings a win against lakers. Kings are a wussy teaam as long as webber is their go to guy. They could not trade him due to the contract and they are stuck with a silly team known as kings.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:44 AM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

You can knock Webber, but it's hard to knock 20, 10 and 5 when he's barely a year removed from micro-fracture surgery. Seems that he's adjusted to his diminished athleticism and got his timing back. I watched the Memphis game as well as Lakers game in question and he was instrumental in both much needed wins.

As far as his playoff failures, he's 2 for 2 in playoff series against us. In the Lakers series in question, he averaged 25-11 and 6 and got the Kings a to a game 7 despite the fact that Peja only played 3 games and averaged 7 points.

Old 11-28-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

sure, he'll put up numbers....but the most significant thing he brings a team is the "fake cry" expression that only he can pull off!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:36 AM   #8
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

What I wonder is how come he's ALWAYS sad? Just look at his poor little face..... awwwwww.... cheer up webby.

Where's that site?
Old 11-28-2004, 01:48 PM   #9
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
You can knock Webber, but it's hard to knock 20, 10 and 5 when he's barely a year removed from micro-fracture surgery. Seems that he's adjusted to his diminished athleticism and got his timing back. I watched the Memphis game as well as Lakers game in question and he was instrumental in both much needed wins.

As far as his playoff failures, he's 2 for 2 in playoff series against us. In the Lakers series in question, he averaged 25-11 and 6 and got the Kings a to a game 7 despite the fact that Peja only played 3 games and averaged 7 points.
webber is the worst defensive player in the league..no doubt about it

like i said, players aren't even using a crossover to get by him
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Webber has had a great year this year. You can question him defensively but I don't think you can blame him for everytime the Kings lose or they struggle. I still think the Kings are a top 4 team in the West regardless of records. With their past alone you should consider them a contender. Losing Gerald Wallace and Vlade Divacs doesn't make them a non contender now.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 02:47 PM   #11
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

webber is far from the worst defensive player in the league.

he's not great, but he's more than adequate after watching our two former defensive juggernauts --- steve nash and antoine jamison play for the mavs last year.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I still think the Kings are a top 4 team in the West regardless of records.
you know, eventually these "records" things do come into play [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Webber is only shooting at a 41% clip...not good for a big with his talent...but he will get you 20 and 10 a night

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:52 AM   #13
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

webber is the worst defensive player in the league..no doubt about it

like i said, players aren't even using a crossover to get by him
Webber's probably a better defender than Dirk.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:49 AM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps he was a couple of years ago...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:06 PM   #15
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Perhaps he was a couple of years ago...
True, I was just poking fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:58 PM   #16
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

No he DEFINTLY was a MUCH better defender than Dirk a few years ago. Now he is only "probably" better.

Dirk is clearly the better overall player at this point, and Dirk's D has improved over the years. But lets face it, Dirk's D is still far and away the biggest weakness of his game. Webber cannot guard Dirk at all, but against a more "typical" power forward I think Webb is still the better defender.

Webber has also been playing surprisingly well this year, given how "ground bound" he has been. Even diminished he is still the 4th best powerforward in the league. (Dirk is third)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote