Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2005, 01:17 AM   #201
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

Well.. we held the fourth seed for about 23 hours.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:17 AM   #202
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
It is an unwritten rule that the game should be started the day of (Texas time).

well it didnt happen. You gave Wash guff about it, way more than was necessary and then you rub it in that Washdel posted a little before.

I know for a fact that Washdel isnt a texan...give him some slack.

And I dont think he needs any more reminding about the time of the game.
I know Waschdel is not from Texas...He's from Germany. I didn't give "Wash" guff about it...what the hell does guff mean anyway? I'm just saying that our track record isnt good (0-3) when the thread isnt started on the actual day of the game. Waschdel is a cool dude...I like his posts a lot. I wasn't trying to give him too much grief. If I did...I apologize Waschdel...that wasn't my intent. To be honest...it didnt matter tonight. We flat out sucked in all aspects of the game.

Anything else you want me to apologize for EL? Good grief.
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:17 AM   #203
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
This was a rare game that we miss Marquis Daniels. He could've posted up those short and/or skinny guards.

It still makes me mad that we lost this one with Maggette out.

It's almost time for Dallas to get their full 10 man rotation together. February isn't going to be easy, and it's important to get momentum heading into the all star break.

Wise words from a guy named Nash[something] with and ugly beat up head avatar.

I'll keep my paper head avatar until the Mavs advance past the WCF's.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 AM   #204
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas at Clippers gameday thread

the good news

we're only a half game behind Sacramento
no one got injured
M'Benga looked pretty good and I can't figure out why he doesnt play when Bradley and Damp are out and Henderson isn't doing much.
We have about 45 hours until the next game to rest
Finley is in a drought, but at least we have reason to believe he usualyl doesnt suck this bad
Marquis Daniels is getting healthy
Josh Howard will return soon.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #205
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

LordoftheMavs, i used my avatar to symbolize their play tonight. This has to be our worst lost of the season. This lost scares me to. This wasn't a game where we could just throw out the tapes because we can't be that bad. Every weakness Dallas has was expose rather it be inconsistency, bench production, or zone defense. We weren't that consistent when Terry didn't start, we're not that good when howard doesn't play, we look really bad when Dirk can't play, and we're not the same defensively when Damp's out of the game. I don't know if it's the fact that our bench can't step up or the coaches, but something has to change. Because in the playoffs, one of our starters tend to lay an egg. And when the bench doesn't show up, it makes everybody look bad because we lose.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #206
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I've always known you as the beaten up face, havent I Nash? I kinda like it.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 AM   #207
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think my only comment with AJs coaching is the time he leaves the players on the court. Fin, Dirk and Stack had over 40 mins this game and they have been playing a lot of minutes. Its a rookie mistake of going to your big guns to often. The coach needs to rest the starters. Mavs are tired.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:02 AM   #208
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the good news

we're only a half game behind Sacramento
no one got injured
M'Benga looked pretty good and I can't figure out why he doesnt play when Bradley and Damp are out and Henderson isn't doing much.
We have about 45 hours until the next game to rest
Finley is in a drought, but at least we have reason to believe he usualyl doesnt suck this bad
Marquis Daniels is getting healthy
Josh Howard will return soon.

That´s a good way to analyse a frustrating game. Murph was right with his prediction. 4 games in five days with the Mavs tendency to play without enthusiasm on back-to-back games had a logical result.
And I think that a predictable loss is no reason to be depressed - the arguments are listed above.
Fin surely deserves a little more faith. He will find his rhythm and show why is still very a important part of the team.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:08 AM   #209
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
beaten up face
I thought it was a zombie?

On the game: it seems like Josh Howard is more key than I thought (and I considered him pretty important). It's late and I'm going to sleep, but later I'll see if I can dig up the defensive stats when Josh is out, vs. our normal defensive stats with him.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:10 AM   #210
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

thus, my signature. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 04:56 AM   #211
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

i had a fish named fin (after finley...and he had a red fin...he was greatness) and he died today, so i guess i should've known this was coming.

it's amazing how much this team needs josh howard. and damn, finley, what the hell is wrong with you?
Old 01-25-2005, 05:11 AM   #212
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

"Hack-a-Dirk"??? 10-for-18 in the last 2... Man, he must be tired!
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:03 AM   #213
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Dallas is making it a habit of not putting in effort on back to back nights. And for most of this game, i started to believe that our guards forgot that Dirk was playing.

Only two players showed up, Dirk and Stack. Terry sucked, Harris sucked, Henderson sucked, Damp sucked, and Finley sucked the worst.
Dirk was on fire early hitting his first 3 shots and quickly putting in 9 points in the first. But hell, he couldn't get any touches after that. The Mavs were too busy trying to establish everyone else instead of taking advantage of the Clippers inability to guard Dirk. This helped to get the Mavs into a quick hole.

I don't understand this. This isn't a rarity. I have no idea why this occurs. How do you forget about your best player when he's hot?

I agree. I think if we would've given Dirk 20+ shot attempts that would've stopped Brunson, Brand, Kaman, Jaric and Simmons from going off on us. Dirk's shot attempts had nothing to do with this loss. I guess I could accept that last year when we were a poor defensive team but you can't play on one side of the ball and expect to win.
Not getting the ball to Dirk when he's hot early in the game definitely helped the Clippers to build a huge lead.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:30 AM   #214
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Randy Galloway would be proud -- this thread is Overreaction Monday if I've ever seen one.

Mavs were on their second back-to-back in five days, travel between all the games from one coast to the other. They've been playing short-handed without Howard & Daniels & with Dampier & Bradley hurt (that's four of a ten-man rotation).

Finley looked beat and couldn't get it going. Stack & Dirk were tired, although they played admirably hard.

No one could make shots to spread the floor, Stack & Dirk exhausted themselves making iso plays against the packed in Clipper defense and they weren't any other scoring options.

The zone got shredded & the Clippers weren't playing anyone Bradley could man up on defense. Harris played like a rookie.

It's the NBA. All teams lose some games like this every season.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #215
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see alot of overreacting. I see alot of people pissed at what the Mavs threw out there, but I don't really see alot of people ready to jump off a cliff or run anyone out of town. Well, a few are overly pissed at Fin. But, besides that, there's alot of b!tching about one bad loss. Few in this thread actually made comments about how this play would carry over or anything else...just not happy about their performance one night.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #216
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer
Randy Galloway would be proud -- this thread is Overreaction Monday if I've ever seen one.

Mavs were on their second back-to-back in five days, travel between all the games from one coast to the other. They've been playing short-handed without Howard & Daniels & with Dampier & Bradley hurt (that's four of a ten-man rotation).

Finley looked beat and couldn't get it going. Stack & Dirk were tired, although they played admirably hard.

No one could make shots to spread the floor, Stack & Dirk exhausted themselves making iso plays against the packed in Clipper defense and they weren't any other scoring options.

The zone got shredded & the Clippers weren't playing anyone Bradley could man up on defense. Harris played like a rookie.

It's the NBA. All teams lose some games like this every season.
Exactly. Before the game, several of us felt that this game would not just be a loss but a blowout. And that's exactly what happened.
The only thing that bothered me was that Dirk, Stack & Fin were all overplayed while Harris, Booth or Benga who could have easily provided some fresh bodies were underplayed. Maybe a rookie mistake from AJ and I hope he learns from this.

Some people also commented that it's too bad we lost on the same day that SA lost. Well I'm just glad SA also lost on the day we lost. Otherwise we'd be 4 games down in the loss column. Since they're both mutually exclusive, every time we lose (and I'm sure we'll have a few more) it'd be less painful if SA lost on that day too, don't you think?
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #217
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
I hate to do this, and it sounds crazy but I think we get dealt a loss. I'm going to get alot of sh$t for this but it comes with the territory. We arrive tired and they get a early lead which we find hard to come back.
Mavs 96
Clips 104

Damn, Guess I was wright [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]