Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2005, 02:21 AM   #1
zima22

zima22 is on a distinguished road
Default Pavel dressed

I wish we blew the kings out so we had a chance to see Pavel Podkolzin in the game. I'm intrested to see if he's another Shawn Bradley or if he has a little game.
zima22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2005, 02:24 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Pavel dressed

*sigh* me too....me too.

Definitely a nice sight to see M'Benga and Pav dressed on the sideline. They just arent as handsome in a suit as Damp, Stack or Finley.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how Pavel's pituitary situation is progressing. The procedures he underwent are very successful, but the rebound time is usually longer than 6 months....usually about a year. I bet if he enters any games that he will look very winded and out of shape, even though he probably feels pretty good physically these days.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 02:39 AM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Pavel dressed

Pavel looks like he might be good in a few years, but that guy is nowhere near ready to play. He has NO experience and what little he does have is absolute crap. He needs to play in Europe for a while or something before he's ready for the NBA. I am intrigued though, I want to see him play. I'd also like to see Darko Milicic play, but that doesn't look likely.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #5
zima22

he really impressed nba scouts two years ago in private workouts, however he choose to stay overseas one more year and that might have hurt his draft position. So he has the talent, I'm just not sure he can apply in the setting of this game with its speed and rough nature but I can't wait to see him try.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:20 AM   #6
jimmychipwood

jimmychipwood is on a distinguished road

I was at the mavs vs. pacers game here in Dallas some time ago, I went with a friend of mine who had 3rd row seats. Pavel was sitting in the first row, in the corner, about 30 feet away from me, so before the game, I went and "talked" to him.

First off, his hands are huge. He shook my hand, and his hand looked like the size of a baseball glove. I asked him some questions like how he was feeling, and he said "good," are you going to be back soon, and he said "yes." I don't know how much English he actually knows, so who knows if he really understood what I was saying or not. Overall he was cordial, and seemed to have a positive attitude about his future.

His girlfriend or wife or whoever that was with him is pretty good looking, I don't think she spoke English much at all.

nbaunplugged.com
jimmychipwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
zima22

Cuban said on bad radio that the trade to get rid of cal was for the purpose of getting Pavel and Benga PT
Old 02-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched pavel and mbenga warm up. Mbenga would destroy pavel right now. He did look pretty happy to have a uniform however.

Mbenga looks like he's chomping the bit to get out there. I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't go to another team if he had a chance to get play some. He's so extremely athletic out there, I can't wait to see him on the court some more.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #9
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: zima22
Cuban said on bad radio that the trade to get rid of cal was for the purpose of getting Pavel and Benga PT
From what I heard, he was talking about PT in the future, not so much for now. In other words, since Booth has a 3 year deal at this point, his presence on the roster clogs minutes for the kids for the next two years - which is when it looks like they should start to get worked into games.

I cant see them getting off the bench this year except in blowouts. But they are getting worked to the max by NBA players in practice every day, so they are no doubt learning.

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote