Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2005, 06:58 AM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mavs Luncheon

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
Actually Chumdawg, Avery wanted to reassure everyone that we are NOT the Spurs of North Texas. So I think that might lighten your negative thoughts about him. He specifically said the success of that 16-2 run is where he wants to be at so I def think Van Horn at the 5 will be played a lot. However, if Diop or Benga do pan out, that only means less minutes for KVH. Avery made it clear he wants Dirk to be an inside and outside player if we're ever to make it to a championship.
That's very encouraging. I feel a little better about AJ already. Quite a bit better actually...

Quote:
I felt Avery did a little too much jinxing though proclaiming that we're in the pool of the top 6-7 teams in the league. I always feel that this team does better when we're underdogs and when we think that. But hey, its nice to see some optimism though. After all of the terrible media attention, I think Avery is one of the first people to even utter us being that good in a long while.
Jinxing? It's one thing to talk about championships, but saying that the Mavs are in the pool of the top 6-7 teams in the league means what exactly? That we can make it to the second round again??? I don't necessarily think that's a bold statement. This team does better when we're underdogs? We're always underdogs! I for one and am sick and g*ddamn tired of being underdogs. Really, it's for the birds. And as much as I respect Nellie, his pessimism is one thing I surely don't miss. I can't tell you how nausiating it was for me to hear him piss and moan about how great the Kings were everytime we played them. It's one thing to say something like that to motivate your team, but he just seemed to think that we were doomed to walk in the Kings' shadow forever. As a fan, it pissed me off. I suppose it's not as bad as Larry Brown talking about New York being his "dream job" while his Pistons are trying to win a championship, but it still pissed me off. I'm pretty glad we haven't had to hear AJ tell us how great the Spurs or the Suns are.

Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote