Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interview with Cubes on CSPAN

Watched and interview with cubes sunday night on CSPAN. Pretty interesting. He's surely been at the forefront of a bunch of stuff.

Currently he owns his 2929 productions, landmark theatres, magnolia films, hdnet. Point of the matter is that he owns the complete food chain for making, distributing, showing, selling DVDs of a movie. Quite unique.

Then he goes on to show all of the other internet businesses he has. Data storage, blog, search engine, etc.

The dude is just into a zillion items.

http://www.c-spanstore.org/shop/inde...7af470bed2a348

I dont' think they have it streaming but they might re-show it, if so Joe Bob says check it out.

Ah found some stuff..

Transcript : http://www.q-and-a.org/Transcript/?ProgramID=1068
Realmedia : on the transcript page.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-27-2006 at 10:57 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the mans knows how to turn a buck....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the link, Dude.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

I've always thought that he was an extremely intelligent dude with ADD. He's just goofy as hell though which I think turns some off on him. Personally, I don't think he's an embarrasment as Murph and madape do, but I've been embarrased by some of his actions. He's on of the best things that ever happened to the mavs though. His infusion of cash at the lowest of low times was just what we needed with the core of the team already into place. His many moves in the early days(rodman, 2001 draft, going after joe smith), although not always sucessful, got the city interested in the "little mavs" and helped make the team relevant. Then of course Dirk developed...

Also, he was cool to me when I shook his hand and said "what's up" at the old post-game bar at Reunion Arena one time the year he bought the team, so he's all good in my book.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He gave me a good idea. Me and my bud have been trying to move closer with our season tickets for about 5 years now (ever since cubes bought the team). Cubes had the same deal but it was when the mavs stunk it up, I"m not so sure it would work now.

Anyway (just to show you how much more out of the box he is than I am) he buys two singles that are catty-cornered from each other. Same price but he's a heck of a lot closer than he could have gotten them together!

And most of the time the arena was so empty they sat together anyway...I'm giving it a shot!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote