Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of
Default Hunt to play in summer league with Dallas

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/deta...her&m=7&y=2006

THE National Basketball League career of Bendigo's Ben Hunt may be over before it really begins after NBA finalist Dallas yesterday gave the guard a rare second chance.
Hunt, 27, will be given a shot at a place on the Mavericks roster alongside the likes of German superstar Dirk Nowitzki after being invited to play for Dallas at this week's NBA Summer Pro League. The 188 cm former Bendigo Braves star signed with NBL club Perth in May after unsuccessfully trialling with Dallas in March following an impressive US college stint. Just when he thought the NBA door had closed, Dallas came calling. Hunt hoped his previous experience at the NBA team would put him in good stead. '‘It was a wonderful experience and I certainly learned a lot," Hunt said. ‘‘Having the chance to be exposed to the NBA style of game was fantastic. ‘‘Personally, I feel I did really well and competed." Hunt will fly out to Los Angeles which will host the Summer Pro League from July 8-19. ‘‘The 10-day event will include a rigorous program of five games per day, pushing the aspiring NBA players to their limits," said Perth Wildcats chief executive Nick Marvin. ‘‘This will be a great experience for Ben." Hunt has played the past two years with Texas Wesleyan University. He grabbed the attention of Dallas by sinking the winning basket in his college's victory in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics competition in March. Hunt started in all 32 games for his college last season and was the team's second best scorer, averaging 17.5 points per game including 100 three-pointers.

WOAH!! Somebody from my home town (Bendigo) will be on the summer league team. I don't expect to see him on court for the Mavs, but I hope he shines in a couple of games.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Is he any good?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've heard of him he's like Rigadeau with a heart of gold and incredible drive.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Is he any good?
Not bad. But suffers from the big fish in a small pond mentality. He actually has only played in the CBA, which is a rung below the NBL, which is our premier competition- containg the likes of Shane Heal, Chris Anstey and formerly, Andrew Gaze. Actually, Mark Price of the Cavs fame is coaching the new team this year.

But, I digress. Yes, Ben Hunt can play, his quickness is quite good, it will be his 3 point shot that is the most important part of his game. I don't believe he is NBA standard, but it's certainly reward for hard work for him.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!

Last edited by OzMavs; 07-06-2006 at 05:50 AM.
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #5
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

Hunt played college ball originally at Stephen F Austin. He later left and finished playing at DIII eventual championship winner Texas Wesleyan University. Average DI mid major player, who was an excellent DIII player. I have seen him play about 4 times, UTA (my alma mater) played SFA when he was there and TWU. He has range and he plays his butt off, but the chances of him making the squad this year are slim to none, he might have a nice european career (more than likely Australia, since that is where he is from)

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
From what I've heard of him he's like Rigadeau with a heart of gold and incredible drive.
Isn't that a contradictory statement?
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi
Isn't that a contradictory statement?
ZING!

But seriously...ZING!
big_pth is offline   Reply With Quote