Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Striving for Mutual Respect

I have a suggestion for this 5th anniversay of September 11, 2001. If you are a Democrat sit down and talk to a Republican. If you are a Republican, sit down and visit with a Democrat. If you are an Independent, sit down and talk to members of both parties. My point is that the leaders of the two main parties are spending way too much time, energy, and money trying to gain politically when we have very serious issues that must be effectively addressed. Although you may say "This is just typical" or "What else is new", my concern is that we are so far out of balance that the deep division within our country will deter us from finding solutions to the international, economic, and environmental crises that are clearly upon us. We must unite as Americans because the challenges are great and, in my opinion, this point in history is potentially more important than any in recent times. Start with your own little part of the world and try to effect change in attitude, tone, and rhetoric. Healthy debate is important but in the end, we have to respect each other and remember that we all love this country even though our views on how to make it better may be worlds apart.

Remember - as a united nation we can accomplish so much more than one that is divided. When it came time to vote for our independency our founding fathers of the Continental Congress reluctantly agreed that any vote for separation from England must be unanimous. Their reasoning was that great challenges ahead must be faced as the UNITED States of America. In the end, all of those present in Philadelphia signed the Declaration of Independence with one exception... - John Dickinson of Pennsylvania did not agree with the separation from the Mother country and would not sign the document. But as a true patriot and in order to show a sign of unity - he took up arms and joined the Continental Army to fight the British. I hope the memory of what happened on this day in 2001 brings a new beginning to the political debates that lie ahead.

Last edited by purplefrog; 09-11-2006 at 12:52 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links