Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #161
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Was that Bledsoe? Or his evil-sucky alter ego?

Well, it was a pretty bad day for QB's around the league - at least he wasn't in Trent Green's shoes... [which were about ten yards away from his feet after that hit!]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #162
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Im hearing a lot of talk about the QB this morning. understandable.

But why isnt anyone asking why this supposedly very good Cowboy defense gave up 24 straight points to a Jacksonville offense that had trouble scoring in the preseason, and that wasnt expected to be all that good?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #163
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

But why isnt anyone asking why this supposedly very good Cowboy defense gave up 24 straight points to a Jacksonville offense that had trouble scoring in the preseason, and that wasnt expected to be all that good?

...um, because basketball needs to start?

I have a lot more faith in the Mav's defense than I do the Cowboy's defense at the moment [that game against JAX was just as vanilla as last year's performance - no established running game, bad play calls, bad kickers, costly interceptions, questionable calls from the refs...]

BRING ON THE MAVS!

Last edited by Underdog; 09-11-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #164
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I was just messing with you, its a good offense i understand that but i just dont understand saying it ones of the best offenses in the cowboys history when the cowboys have had one of the best offenses in nfl history in 2 different eras. Ware wasnt consistently pressuring anyone. He didnt play horribly or anything but he didnt make any plays either.
I don't know what game you were watching. Ware was consistently pressuring the QB early in the game, and he made several very nice plays in the run game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #165
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

While I was disappointed in the defense, Bledsoe did give the Jags the ball on the 30 and the 50. Makes it harder, that's for sure.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #166
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh I dunno... Maybe because 14 of the 24 came off of Bledsoe's picks with the opposing team starting around the 36 yard line on average. Kinda hard to stop a team consistently from moving the ball a third of the field.

This stinker is without a doubt all on the shoulders of Bledsoe... Again, he hits Owens wide open in the middle of the field and it is 17-0 and Jacksonville's confidence takes a huge hit. Instead we give them the ball back time and time again and let them hang around. Yes, the penalties were VERY poorly timed by our guys, but some of those same calls were not made against Jacksonville. Bottom line, no excuses, Bledsoe sucked and we lost because of it.

To summarize, 14 of Jacksonville's points came off of turnovers. So let's see, our offense, (Bledsoe), scored 14 for Jacksonville and our defense allowed only 10. Not bad if you ask me! Oh yeah, we had more rushing yards, passing yards, and a better 3rd down conversion rate. We win that game EVERY SINGLE TIME if Bledsoe plays 85% to his capabilities or higher. Unfortunately, he was about 30% or so... Just terrible.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #167
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I don't know what game you were watching. Ware was consistently pressuring the QB early in the game, and he made several very nice plays in the run game.
I thought I was just a homer there for a minute, because I sure as hell remember Aikman pointing him out time and time again early on. I also watched him move Byron around the pocket many times. True, he never actually got to him, but if we had the equivalent coming from the other side, we would have had several sacks.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #168
Underdog

Well, Bledsoe & Owens were out of synch for that one play in the middle, then T.O. ran into Witten on another... Hopefully we'll look back on this game at the end of the season & simply chalk up the loss to early-season jitters...

Old 09-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #169
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

on that play where TO was open over the middle, I think they got mixed up. I think TO might have supposed to keep going towards the endzone, cause if you watch the throw looks high, but there is a defender right where TO is going. I think Drew was going to lead him to the Endzone, and they weren't on the same page. That and the one where Drew had his arm hit, are understandable. But the other 2 picks were terrible.
Plus I was surprised BP didn't run the ball a lot more. I mean we weren't having huge success, but it wasn't going that bad, especially in the 3rd. I mean for having a reputation for running no matter what, he sure did abandon it. Even before we were behind by two Td's.
BUT I was most disappointed in our CB's not making plays on the ball. I mean the defense was actually good, except the Jags kept just throwing it right at our CBs and their WRs beat our CBs everytime. It's just furstrating
Old 09-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #170
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
I thought I was just a homer there for a minute, because I sure as hell remember Aikman pointing him out time and time again early on. I also watched him move Byron around the pocket many times. True, he never actually got to him, but if we had the equivalent coming from the other side, we would have had several sacks.
I know everyone loves him but i hate aikman as a commentator. As for ware, they pointed him out for rerouting Williams(which was nice) but i didnt see him pressure leftwich but once and he darn sure didnt pressure him at all when the cowboys needed a stop late. It might just be that i have such huge expectations for him. He has become my favorite cowboy and he has made me happy we bypassed DJ which given my UT homerism is quite an accomplishment.

As for the defense, Im not worried. There isnt a more athletic or bigger group anywhere than Hatcher(he had a sack and he is an absolute freak), Ware, Canty, Burnett, James, Spears(dont like him though), ferguson, and ellis. The carpenter pick was a waste though. Not because of this game or anything but because we have absolutely no need for him.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #171
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
on that play where TO was open over the middle, I think they got mixed up. I think TO might have supposed to keep going towards the endzone, cause if you watch the throw looks high, but there is a defender right where TO is going. I think Drew was going to lead him to the Endzone, and they weren't on the same page. That and the one where Drew had his arm hit, are understandable. But the other 2 picks were terrible.
Plus I was surprised BP didn't run the ball a lot more. I mean we weren't having huge success, but it wasn't going that bad, especially in the 3rd. I mean for having a reputation for running no matter what, he sure did abandon it. Even before we were behind by two Td's.
BUT I was most disappointed in our CB's not making plays on the ball. I mean the defense was actually good, except the Jags kept just throwing it right at our CBs and their WRs beat our CBs everytime. It's just furstrating
That reputation is undeserved. He has no problem throwing ALOT. Bledsoe set the all time attempts record for a season with BP coaching him.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #172
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Well I meant here at Dallas. as far as rep goes. Usually he has pounded the rush.
BUT I kinda fear him realizing that we have TO, Glenn, and Witten, and throwing a ton. I think this team still needs to run the ball as much as they can.
Not that I don't think we can throw, but I'd like to see some clock management, and keeping the D, off the field.
Hopefully the staff was just giving in to the JAX rep ,and thought they couldn't run, and with another opponent, they'll try a little more. Altohugh I don't think they will against WASH
Old 09-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #173
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Bless him, I hope he is well.
Well, it turns out it wasn't too serious, but it's still an injury. He's out for 2-4 weeks, but I'm not sure the exact injury.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:40 AM   #174
Underdog

A little off topic, but has anyone noticed that the only team in the NFC East that didn't lose this weekend was Philadelphia?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #175
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

OF COURSE I NOTICED =]

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #176
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
OF COURSE I NOTICED =]
I figured Philly would have no problem against Houston, that New York would struggle against Indy, and that JAX might beat the Cowboys - but I never thought Joe "Hall of Fame" Gibbs would have lost to the Vikings (especially considering how much money Washington spent in the offseason & the fact that Brad Johnson is 38... Well, I guess Brad proved that an old QB can beat a crappy QB!)

Last edited by Underdog; 09-12-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #177
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

any clue why Bledsoe was so terrible on Sunday?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #178
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Didn't eat his Wheaties?

Old 09-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #179
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

He confirmed that there was something physically wrong, that probably had something to do with it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #180
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
He woke up thinking the date was November 12th?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #181
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

0-1

i still say 10+ this year

so chill out folks!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #182
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
0-1

i still say 10+ this year

so chill out folks!

what kind of crappy kneejerking is that??

0-16. kneejerk kneejerk kneejerkkneejerk kneejerk

Old 09-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #183
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Parcells says that Bledsoe is on a short leash after that game. According to First and 10.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #184
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Parcells says that Bledsoe is on a short leash after that game. According to First and 10.
Because either one of those guys has any clue what they are talking about