Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 09-09-2006, 09:35 PM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Weve got one technically correct but bad call apiece.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

if they dont at least TRY to get sweed the ball deep this drive im gonna scream
Old 09-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #43
Five-ofan
Guru

Selvin dropping that ball and johnson missing the fg just ended UTs winning streak.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #44
Five-ofan
Guru

that was alot more of a hold than hills was
Old 09-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Turn out the lights the party's over.

6th street is going to suck tonight.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:22 PM   #46
Five-ofan
Guru

I give OSU props, great job by them. BTW, did anyone else hear that alot of the OSU fans came and ended up watching the game in the UT basketball stadium? Does that not sound about as retarded as a star corner getting suspended the week before the big game to anyone else? Hell if youre just gonna watch the game on a huge big screen tv couldnt you have just stayed in Ohio?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

There were a crap load of OSU fans in Waco the last two days.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
There were a crap load of OSU fans in Waco the last two days.
Hey i understand following the team but if you are just gonna watch it on the big screen do you really need to come all the way here to do it?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #49
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Troy Smith is a classy guy.

Way to go OSU. From our standpoint, I guess you can take away from this the fact that it came early in the season (if you want a BCS berth that is).
Old 09-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

And Chizik.... that guy ended his win streak as a Defensive Coordinator. Stops at 29.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #51
Five-ofan
Guru

The only thing that bothered me is that we only took 1 shot the whole game. Its like they wanted to protect mccoy from making a mistake that would remind people of simms. Im sorry but with the talent UT has at receiver you cant help but the put the ball up at least a few times just to stretch the defense. I still have hope for colt eventually but right now im unimpressed.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #52
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
The only thing that bothered me is that we only took 1 shot the whole game. Its like they wanted to protect mccoy from making a mistake that would remind people of simms. Im sorry but with the talent UT has at receiver you cant help but the put the ball up at least a few times just to stretch the defense. I still have hope for colt eventually but right now im unimpressed.
That's basically the same game that Greg Davis called against OU in 2004.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Hey i understand following the team but if you are just gonna watch it on the big screen do you really need to come all the way here to do it?
There were crap loads of tu fans in southern california last year that didn't go to the game and watched it on tv.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #54
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I knew we were in trouble when Lee Corso picked us to win before kickoff.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #55
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
That's basically the same game that Greg Davis called against OU in 2004.
I know, i really thought he had gotten over it. I guess the people who said it was just vince were right. BTW on 3rd and 1 would it kill UT to get in the eye and just hand the ball off? What is the point of running the zone read if its not a read. Its purely a zone now as someone else mentioned previously. There were at least 10 times tonight Mccoy should have kept it. Honestly, UT played like crap. I really dont think OSU played as well as they are capable of playing either. I feel like both teams are a little lucky. I think this game could have easily been 42-7 and i think it could have been 28-17 UT. Weird game.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #56
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
There were crap loads of tu fans in southern california last year that didn't go to the game and watched it on tv.
THey were dumb too. That reminds me of one of the great jokes i saw though. BDSSP had a thing where they asked two guys, you want tickets? The guys of course went nuts, Arnold handed them the tickets they go nuts without looking at them. Arnold, "its brokeback mountain, I hope you enjoy it"

I knew we were in trouble when Jason Whitlock picked us. Just look at one of my previous posts.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #57
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that really had me scratching my head was when UT scored with a little under two minutes remaining in the half and instead of trying to kick the ball through the end zone, they squibed it. Why squib kick in that situation? They essentially gift wrapped and handed 15 extra yards to an offense with one of the best QB's and one of the most explosive receivers in college football.

You knew it was going to be tough when they scored before the half. For most of the second half I had the feeling that UT's only chance was for the defense to make a play that would shift the momentum. To Troy Smith's credit, he didn't allow that to happen. That guy is really solid.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #58
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
The thing that really had me scratching my head was when UT scored with a little under two minutes remaining in the half and instead of trying to kick the ball through the end zone, they squibed it. Why squib kick in that situation? They essentially gift wrapped and handed 15 extra yards to an offense with one of the best QB's and one of the most explosive receivers in college football.

You knew it was going to be tough when they scored before the half. For most of the second half I had the feeling that UT's only chance was for the defense to make a play that would shift the momentum. To Troy Smith's credit, he didn't allow that to happen. That guy is really solid.
Other than that one play i thought ross was UTS player of the game but if you are gonna press Ginn you cant miss. Im EXTREMELY disappointed in jamaal charles. He didnt do a whole lot though when he was rolling early i have no clue why they quit going to him.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:02 PM   #59
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Is that spread offense really the right one without VY?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #60
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavKikiNYC
Is that spread offense really the right one without VY?
I don't think you need a runner of Young's caliber (there aren't many of those anyway). Like 5-0 said, Colt needs to to run the ball enough to keep the defense honest. It has to be in thier minds that he may keep it and go for 10 or 20 yards. He'll never be the home run threat vince was but he's not exactly Drew Bledso back there either.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #61
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That #11 reminded me of a young Joe Jurevicius.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #62
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
That #11 reminded me of a young Joe Jurevicius.
I dont really see that but he does remind me of ricky proehl with more speed.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #63
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

ut's defense didnt deserve to win that game. simple as that

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #64
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
ut's defense didnt deserve to win that game. simple as that
and their offense did? UT played like crap but alot of it was brown being retarded and UT getting stuck with young corners who were SO scared to get beat they would give Gonzales a 20 yard cushion on 3rd and 8. Stupid. Though until late in the 4th UT had more yards that OSU. Like I said weird game. What this game should be above all is a reminder to UT fans just how good we had it when the man, the myth, the legend of Vince Young was here. (i know that nickname has been used before but it just fits him)
Old 09-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #65
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

we played like we were playing ou before vince

Contact Me
Old 09-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #66
alby
Guru

scared.. and as if we had the lead

Contact Me
Old 09-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #67
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Smith is a stud...the team with the best qb won the past 2 years. That's basically all it boiled down to.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #68
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Were they better than us? Nah...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2583128
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #69
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I don't think his comments take away from anything OSU did. I didn't read the post game stories, but I'm sure Mack was very complimentary of OSU.

He doesn't like the new rules and he's been saying that all year. It's not something he started harping on after the loss.

Last edited by dirno2000; 09-11-2006 at 01:20 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Ugh, I like Mack but come on man. You lost because you/davis called crappy plays and their star qb tore your defense apart. It happens. man up and admit it. It had nothing to do with the clock rule or anything else besides the fact that they had better players and better coaching on that day. I am the king of excuses but come on man. You just got beat. Whats worse is it wasnt even close. Just shut up, no one wants to hear that if there was extra time UT would have won. He should be happy. If there was extra time OSU probably would have scored again. I like Brown but im disgusted with this. Anyone who watched that game knows that OSU is CLEARLY better than UT this year.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #71
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
I don't think his comments take away from anything OSU did. I didn't read the post game stories, but I'm sure Mack was very complimentary of OSU.

He doesn't like the new rules and he's been saying that all year. It's not something he started harping on after the loss.
Im sure about that too but it just sounds bad. Bad time to bring it up.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #72
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Im sure about that too but it just sounds bad. Bad time to bring it up.
Did he bring it up or was he asked about it? This is one of those situations where the question and the context matters.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #73
Five-ofan
Guru

Where the hell was the reverse pass against a team we actually needed some trickeration agaist??? Nice throw by cosby btw.