Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-12-2002, 07:56 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike Dunleavy will pull out of the draft and return to Duke for his senior year if the Clippers get one of the top picks in the upcoming draft. I hate to read crap like this because it tells me he is a baby, but on the other hand...I can't blame him a bit either. What do you guys think?

here is a
link.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the thread I thought you were talking about Coach Dunleavy. I couldn't blame him from wanting to stay away from the Clippers. After all, who would want to coach them?

As for the Duke player. This scenario reminds me of Steve Francis. Francis is/was an ass. Dunleavy doesn't have to join him.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 08:16 PM   #3
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

it's very disappointing to see these players wanting to join the League and yet have no respect for the integrity of the draft, which's an integral part of the system. Why don't they just demand a championship ring or something like that as part of the signing bonus?
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 08:25 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

It reminded me of John Elway. He bitched and moaned about where he was drafted as well.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:55 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

If Dunleavy could be anything at all to the Mavericks what Elway was to the Broncos, swing a deal......

I think he's just playing hard ball, exploring every option, trying to drive up his value and make the best situation for himself.

Kinda the opposite of what owners and GMs do when they poormouth a player or pretend not to be interested so as to limit his market value or draft position.

I think there's a chance Dunleavy goes back to Duke.

MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

i've always said elway was/is a crybaby.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:59 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

I agree with the Hales...but I wish you would give me a heads up on that other issue.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:50 PM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Dunleavy worried. Nobody plays for the Clippers more than their first four years anyway. Then he will be a free agent and can go where he likes.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:03 AM   #9
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

No offense but the Duke system is nothing like the Clippers. He probably knows he wont get any PT, and he is no shooter like Pike so he probably feels like he would be out of place on that team.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:55 AM   #10
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

Perhaps he doesn't want to associate with the gangsta element. Or maybe he doesn't want to go to a team that has an official team bong on sale at the memorabilia shop.(I made that part up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 08:30 AM   #11
Mavs4Fin

<< Perhaps he doesn't want to associate with the gangsta element. Or maybe he doesn't want to go to a team that has an official team bong on sale at the memorabilia shop.(I made that part up. ) >>

I can tell you made that up, he might feel he is out of place because they simply do not need another player like him. Another thing is that he is white(that's no offense to anyone) and may feel out of place, especially when everyone is black. Who would he hang out with? Pike? Maybe, if he is on the team next year. He is used to playing alot at Duke, who's spot or minutes will he take on the Clippers? Q, no way? Maggette, no way? Miles, no way? It would be wise for him to go back to school, if the Clippers do get a high pick.

By the way David, I have been to the team shop, they do not have a team bong there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2002, 10:51 AM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

It is one thing to pull out of a draft before being drafted because you don't like a potential team; it something else all together to bitch and moan about the team that drafted you and demand a trade, a la Steve Francis and John Elway and don't forget that Kobe said he wouldn't play for anybody but the Lakers.

In my mind, one destroys the integrity of the draft, while the other is a legitimate exercise of one's leverage.

This doesn't bother me one bit.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:02 PM   #13
David
Golden Member

<< By the way David, I have been to the team shop, they do not have a team bong there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

From what I understand, it's a bong/hooka gift set with &quot;an&quot; silouette of Odom similar to the Jerry West outline on the NBA symbol plus a Clippers logo. Gaudy, yet tasteful. In Clipps team colors. You have to ask the guy at the counter.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:53 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< From what I understand, it's a bong/hooka gift set with &quot;an&quot; silouette of Odom similar to the Jerry West outline on the NBA symbol plus a Clippers logo. Gaudy, yet tasteful. In Clipps team colors. You have to ask the guy at the counter. >>

David knows his Clipper lore.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:56 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

and his bongs....
Old 05-13-2002, 06:51 PM   #16
Mavs4Fin

So, you asked him? You not puffing and passing are you David? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2002, 06:54 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

puffing? Yes.

Passing? No.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2002, 07:15 PM   #18
Mavs4Fin

LOL DrBio
Old 05-13-2002, 07:47 PM   #19
David
Golden Member

I have the Lamar Odom autographed model. I'm looking into getting the Blazers father/son set. Buy two and get a free one hitter.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:48 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

David- LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 07:51 PM   #21
Mavs4Fin

David, you should come out with your own model since you need so many and use them so frequently!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2002, 07:52 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

I think when you buy the Blazers father/son kit you get a free Shawn Kemp home pregnancy kit complete with the hard to find booklet entitled, &quot;Condoms are overrated&quot;. Better hurry...it's for a limited time only.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:09 PM   #23
MFFL
Guru

<< I have the Lamar Odom autographed model. I'm looking into getting the Blazers father/son set. Buy two and get a free one hitter. >>

LOL - funny stuff
Old 05-14-2002, 05:51 AM   #24
David
Golden Member

<< I think when you buy the Blazers father/son kit you get a free Shawn Kemp home pregnancy kit complete with the hard to find booklet entitled, &quot;Condoms are overrated&quot;. Better hurry...it's for a limited time only. >>

That one comes with free NBA money(it's OK to be washed up)so you can pay all the child support. Coke spoons are sold separately.