Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-19-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I think the difference in the way the Kings play the Lakers and the way they played the Mavs is confidence. The Kings KNEW they could make their shots against the Mavs and didn't know if they could make their shots against the Lakers. If the Kings don't let the Lakers get into their heads, they are physically capable of winning the WCF. It's the same hurdle the rest of the teams have. There is not much of a talent gap among the Lakers/Kings/Mavs/Spurs. The Lakers have the psychological advantage.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #2
ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast is on a distinguished road

Personally, I think the reason the Mavs aren't still playing is because they weren't mentally ready for the Kings. They were too busy preparing for the Lakers.

But, to get closer to the topic, I think the Kings are a big hot headed to be playing the Lakers. With all of the ridiculous fouls called in favor of Shaq, I don't know that they can keep their cool. I only saw parts of the first game because I was watching it in a restaurant without the sound, but it looked like they did okay. However, what will happen three games from now?

Unfortunately, I have to go with the Lakers this year.