Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #1
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of
Default The Departed

Hi

Last edited by Nemesis; 10-10-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm going to try and see this sunday. But before i do, exactly how big is Mark Wahlberg's role?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Having not seen The Departed, I wouldn't be sure, but his equivalent character in "Infernal Affairs" had a rather small role.

However, it seems obvious that they have expanded Jack Nicholson's character to make him have more screen time, so they easily could have done the same with Wahlberg.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Hi

Last edited by Nemesis; 10-11-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Hi

Last edited by Nemesis; 10-11-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I've been too busy with friends coming into town this weekend. I'll likely see it in the next few days.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

->Saw this movie last night. I tend to agree with Blab's, this is the Best Movie I've seen since another good movie came out a long time ago. Worth the punch, worth your buck! Why did they have to do that to Queenan? Anyway, Walhberg doesnt have that big a role. But he sure cusses a lot in this movie.

->My Honorable mentions in this movie:
-Leonardo DiCaprio (this is one f'd up mofo)
-Jack Attack Nicholson (kerazy!)
-Matt Damon (ooh I hate him in this movie. Started out alright but.. goddang!)
-Mark "Marky Mark" Walhberg (redemption!)
-Martin Sheen (tsk tsk... didn't know he could fly)
-Alec Baldwin (uhm...)
-Irish stupid guy that thinks the "Citizens" word is spelled wrong as it is LOL

->My advice is, see this movie then post your comments afterwards, would like to hear everyones opinion. One helluva bang bang show! Mad props to the scorcher himself Martin Scorsese! Mad props man, Mad props!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Cops or Criminals. When youre facing a loaded gun what's the difference? - Frank Costello

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

this is a very well made movie...

I enjoyed it greatly....and while it is certainly a move in the right direction for Scorsese (A Giant step away Aviator is just what the doctor ordered) it is only "Great" in comparison to other major big buget movies of today...I would not say it compares in greatness to his earlier works (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull...and to a lesser degree Good Fellas)...Subtlety has never been a gift he has been accused of having…but I did enjoy this over the top remake of another nations classic…just for the record, I’m not hot on the idea of remakes of existing classic films, just go see the original. Read the subtitles you dumb Americans

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 10-09-2006 at 10:50 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i saw it opening night...good movie
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:20 AM   #11
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Thumbs up.

Gangsters can text message too.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:41 AM   #12
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

my uncle said smoking crack is kinda cool.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote