Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Question Texan Station @ Gaylord Grapevine

Quote:
Texan Station
Join us in our state of the art virtual sports center. Whether you are following your favorite team on our 52 foot wall of sports or catching up on the days’ scores on one of our 50 flat screen television monitors Texan Station is the place for you. Two high energy bars and a full service dining room await you. From traditional sports bar snacks and burgers to some of the best Bar B-Q around Texan Station has everything you need for a great time. (Located in the Lone Star Atrium)
the link

Anybody been here?

Last edited by capitalcity; 01-01-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: splellinng
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
the link

Anybody been here?
Yea I went there over the holidays to see the ICE exhibit. (By the way, that's way overpriced, joe bob says skip it).

But the Texan Station was pretty neat. It looked a lot like one of the sports books in vegas. There was a humongous screen and a lot of larger ones with sports games. I'm not sure if they do the NBA-league pass or not or what games they have. The food was pretty standard fare, cheapest thing was a hot-dog and fries I think for about $8.00. So it's sorta pricey.

It would be really nice to watch a big away game on. The rest of the gaylord is also pretty neat with an inside atrium with lot's of water/plants/shops and some other restaurants.

We are thinking of spending a night there sometimes as walking around down there at night would be enjoyed by the wife quite a bit. But I'm sure it'll be a pretty stout bill.

On another note my daughter went to the Angelika to watch some of the finals games on a theatre screen. She said it was free to get in and there is a bar there.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've been there - is this the big sports bar(s) that are sort of downstairs?

I was there for a company function and we just went down afterwards to goof off. The place is so damn big, I didn't know just exactly where I was within it at any given time.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #4
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan
I think I've been there - is this the big sports bar(s) that are sort of downstairs?

I was there for a company function and we just went down afterwards to goof off. The place is so damn big, I didn't know just exactly where I was within it at any given time.
Methinks so.

I'm looking for a good place for Saturday nite's game. I'm supposed to be entertaining my cousin from out of town and it just so happens that da boys are complicating things. Do they have shops in the atrium where the wives can wander off while we watch the game?

Last edited by capitalcity; 01-01-2007 at 09:57 PM.
capitalcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:54 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

my former roommate used to work at this place, and so did my sister.

It's ok to hang out there every once in a while, if you have the money. The drinks are over priced, and the food is more over priced. (I havent been there in more than a year, this might have changed?)

I think it's overrated, personally. but worth checking out once if you like to feel like you're in a fancy place with expensive drinks.

There is some wife-wandering to be done. There are many restaurants and shops in that place.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't go there a lot, but for a special game, sure. There are a bunch of things for wives to do outside of the sports bar.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:56 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to a conference there this year. Can't wait.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote