Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough
Default Just because I'm tired of reading the heading "Reggie on the Radar"...

Who should the Mavs draft?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

reggie bush
Old 03-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

I would have taken Vince Young myself...Reggie turned his ankle in a celeb game. VY never would have went down and out. He's a warrior and he's taller.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, come to think of it jamarcus russel looks like he'd make a solid power foward
Old 03-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

A semi-serious answer: Aaron Gray.

I think he's got the physical talent to be a reasonable back up center in the NBA. If he lasts until the second year, then it would be worth a roster spot to see if Avery could get his head right.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

its hard to say, bc no one actually watches college baketball bc it's really boring
Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I have no idea because like everyone i don't watch college hoops. This website has us taking Herbert Hill, Marko Tomas, and then Brandon Heath.

http://probasketball.about.com/gi/dy....nbadraft.net/

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 03-13-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I watch just a little college ball, I think it's pretty bad too, but here's a name: Alando Tucker. Now, you might think he goes early but that is not the case neccesarily. He was thought of as a secound rounder coming into the season and there are still a few holes in his game as a senior for scouts to be scarred a bit from him. We have had a good experience with Wisconsin guards and seniors too. If not him, then I really don't know.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I watch a fair amount of college b-ball and I really like Chris Lofton, the star PG from Tennessee.

Standing 6-2, 200lbs., he's one of the best shooters, if not the best shooter, in college basketball with a smooth release and unlimited range. I think he would be a player that would help spread out our offense and keep opposing defenses honest. He also has an uncanny ability to put himself in great position to finish around the basket when amongst the giants. He does need to work on his athleticism and quickness a little but I definitely think he has the tools to become a solid NBA contributer (similar player to Derek Fisher). I haven't heard any predictions of him going high in the draft, or even the first round for that matter, which is very surprising to me, but if we could nab him with our pick I would be ecstatic.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-17-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #10
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I've started watching a little more myself (mainly because I entered a bracket competition). But I don't know NCAA well enough to tell you who I would select.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
GQ03

GQ03 is on a distinguished road

I would look at Tucker(Wisc),Lofton(Tenn), Afflalo(UCLA),Brewer(Fla),Dorsey(Mem)Young(USC) and Hibbert(Gtown)
GQ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #12
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

^^ Doubt any of those are available at the 30th pick cept maybe Dorsey or Lofton.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-27-2007 at 10:54 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote