Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-24-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough
Default Bonzi Remains with the Rockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r778DzNgZ5Y
Hopefully the combination of Adelman,Bonzi being in shape, and having some time to get over his lost 38.5 million $ "payday" will work to our advantage. Having him at the 2, will definitely create the size mismatch and scoring punch we need.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uca66cK-WrA

1 James/Alston/Lucas
2 McGrady/Wells
3 Battier/Novak/Snyder
4 ______/Hayes/Reed
5 Yao/Mutombo/_____

Billy, Head, Snyder, Sura and #26 out for frontcourt help

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Rockets forward Bonzi Wells has decided to remain with the Rockets and will play for Houston during the 2007 -2008 season.

Wells agent, Bill Duffy, tells FOX 26 sports Wells has notified the Rockets that he will opt in as oppose of opting out of the second year of his contract. "Bonzi has sent in the necessary paperwork and he is opting in and he will play for the Rockets this coming season."

Before last season, Wells signed a one year contract with the rockets plus a player option for the second year. The second year is worth about 2.8 million

"Basically last year was an incomplete year for Bonzi. He feels very strongly about Rick Adelman. He feels the Rockets are a championship caliber team especially with the addition of Mike James."

Last edited by And1; 06-24-2007 at 01:36 AM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 12:56 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

That's a balls-on move by Bonzi. He's setting himself up for a big payday next summer. Last year was definitely an "incomplete" for Bonzi. When the situation is right, that dude is a terror. I have long wished for the day when he found himself in the Mavericks' home locker room.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 AM   #3
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
That's a balls-on move by Bonzi. He's setting himself up for a big payday next summer. Last year was definitely an "incomplete" for Bonzi. When the situation is right, that dude is a terror. I have long wished for the day when he found himself in the Mavericks' home locker room.

Especially, if he is even 1/2 of this:
Old 06-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1
Especially, if he is even 1/2 of this:
Bonzi Wells is a beast. He doesn't care what your name is when you are guarding him, he is going to get his regardless.

He is in that class of player like Charles Haley and Deion Sanders and Alex Rodriguez and Ron Artest. You hate him when he goes against you, but you suddenly love the hell out of him when he's on your team.

Bonzi Wells, when he's good, is everything that Josh Howard is supposed to be. That dude is a freakin' beast. There are a few elements that you cannot coach. Bonzi has those elements.

I hate him, and I've always hated him. But, man, would I love him if he were a Maverick!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bonzi Wells is a beast. He doesn't care what your name is when you are guarding him, he is going to get his regardless.

He is in that class of player like Charles Haley and Deion Sanders and Alex Rodriguez and Ron Artest. You hate him when he goes against you, but you suddenly love the hell out of him when he's on your team.

Bonzi Wells, when he's good, is everything that Josh Howard is supposed to be. That dude is a freakin' beast. There are a few elements that you cannot coach. Bonzi has those elements.

I hate him, and I've always hated him. But, man, would I love him if he were a Maverick!
nm

Last edited by rmacomic; 06-24-2007 at 04:28 AM.
rmacomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Bonzi Wells is not a beast. In fact, he is, and has proven to be nothing more that a cancer. Yeah, he's just going to magically turn it on this year and perform to his ability. Same song and dance we've heard for the last 4-5 years. He had one good stretch in the playoffs two years ago, and he is a beast? Hilarious. I wish nothing but failure for that piece of s...the thing is, I don't have to wish very hard, because failure follows that clown everywhere he goes.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
And1

^^^relax JVG, you were extremely stubborn too

it will either be very good for us or not at all. No in between

I think adelman will be the diff.

I expect some more of this bonzi at the 22 second mark..... roxs-mavs game 1

http://www.nba.com/games/20061104/DALHOU/boxscore.html

Last edited by And1; 06-24-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bonzi Wells highlights from last season

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-24-2007 at 04:05 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
^^^relax JVG, you were extremely stubborn too

it will either be very good for us or not at all. No in between

I think adelman will be the diff.

I expect some more of this bonzi at the 22 second mark..... roxs-mavs game 1

http://www.nba.com/games/20061104/DALHOU/boxscore.html
You can expect good things from Bonzi in one hand and shit in the other...see which one fills up first.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 06-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm a big Bonzi fan myself but I wouldnt' go that far. Jaosh Howard was the only Mav that looked like he could have played for the Warriors last month. He has that same f*ck you edge that Bonzi does.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
You can expect good things from Bonzi in one hand and shit in the other...see which one fills up first.

you can say what you want, but you don't know so please stop acting like you are the end all be all
Old 06-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #12
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky

wow, so if we judge players and teams by what they did last year as if that is a future predictor of success...I guess the Mavs should just retire...collectively........since they have had 2 back to back seasons of failure.

Nope, they tweak and seek to get back........like Avery said.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow, so if we judge players and teams by what they did last year as if that is a future predictor of success...I guess the Mavs should just retire...collectively........since they have had 2 back to back seasons of failure.

Nope, they tweak and seek to get back........like Avery said.
yeah last year we sucked as bad as T-macs teams always always do. Its hard to admit but I will.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:57 AM   #14
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Bonzo Wells ever make an All-Star game?

Bonzo with a brain transfer and an attitude fix might be a Josh Howard on a good day. In Houston's perfect world, he'll step up and straighten up to that #3 guy behind Yao n TMac. He had a good playoff series under Adelmen so we'll see what's up next year...

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #15
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

bonzi is the shawn kemp of swingmen. He has tons of talent but wont stay in shape or out of trouble
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #16
And1

You guys may be right on him being a bozo, but I am more excited about next year having him on the cheap and paired with Adelman........than to have had him opt out.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #17
And1

Quote:
yeah last year we sucked as bad as T-macs teams always always do. Its hard to admit but I will.
Well, you guys have the regular season figured out...so that's good. Postseason play is another animal...that quite frankly we have not seen enough here in Houston.

You can say what you want about T-mac, but Dirk has been with the Mavs how long and done what in the playoffs? We've only had T-mac for 3 seasons and our first we pushed the mighty mavs to 7 games forcing many on this board to shiit in their pants. Yes you guys owned game 7, but have had equally disapointing seasons since...if measured by postseason play.

Tmac has ALWAYS owned in the playoffs...putting up monster stats.......his teammates on the other hand have done nothing.......Dirk in the playoffs is basically a no-show....especially the last 2 years.....don't deny it.

Last edited by And1; 06-25-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... but have had equally disapointing seasons since...if measured by postseason play.
"Equally disappointing?"

Please don't tell us how disappointed to feel. Some of us had quite a bit of fun watching our little mavs grow up and go to the Finals. It was a really fun ride and I think it's unfair of you to compare apples to oranges.

Winning 22 playoff games in the last 3 seasons, and winning 7 playoff games in the last 3 seasons doesn't really SEEM EQUAL to me, but I wouldn't tell you how you should feel about your team.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #19
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:

You can say what you want about T-mac, but Dirk has been with the Mavs how long and done what in the playoffs?
Gone to the NBA Finals? Gone to the Western Conference Finals on another occasion?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #20
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Dirk in the playoffs is basically a no-show....especially the last 2 years.....don't deny it.
In his career he has had two bad playoffs series (Warriors 07 and Rockets 05) and one below average (Heat). The rest of the series' he was putting up 30 and 11, winning a couple games by himself.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #21
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
"Equally disappointing?"

Please don't tell us how disappointed to feel. Some of us had quite a bit of fun watching our little mavs grow up and go to the Finals. It was a really fun ride and I think it's unfair of you to compare apples to oranges.

Winning 22 playoff games in the last 3 seasons, and winning 7 playoff games in the last 3 seasons doesn't really SEEM EQUAL to me, but I wouldn't tell you how you should feel about your team.

I understand. Point taken. But, I meant equally disappointing in as far as not winning a championship..............which is afterall, the number one goal...or the purpose of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Gone to the NBA Finals? Gone to the Western Conference Finals on another occasion?
Not with this current team, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
In his career he has had two bad playoffs series (Warriors 07 and Rockets 05) and one below average (Heat). The rest of the series' he was putting up 30 and 11, winning a couple games by himself.
Yep, which is why he was given hell by the media when he did not perform that well in those 3 series you mentioned.

Last edited by And1; 06-25-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I thought the goal was to get out of the first round for once? I mean I know everyone wants a title, but shouldnt you take baby steps and not run before you can really walk?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-25-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
And1

Quote:
I thought the goal was to get out of the first round for once? I mean I know everyone wants a title, but shouldnt you take baby steps and not run before you can really walk?

Yep, you are right about that. The Roxs have been suck-azz wrt that. But, that is why I said THE goal, meaning the ultimate goal is to win a title.

So yes the mavs have gotten past the first round b4 this year, but it has not led to a championship.. Further, the way they lost 4 in a row against the Heat
and a first round exit this year....is pretty bad.

But the Mavs are still a good team and dangerous in the playoffs.........imo

Last edited by And1; 06-25-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It is an interesting debating ploy.

When you can't walk you make the goal winning a gold medal in the relay so that you can compare yourself favorably with someone who can run the race.

I think erica is pretty much right on with this debate.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #25
And1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It is an interesting debating ploy.

When you can't walk you make the goal winning a gold medal in the relay so that you can compare yourself favorably with someone who can run the race.

I think erica is pretty much right on with this debate.

Mavs haven't been "running" any races lately. So, I don't know why you think the mavs are so bad-azz compared to the roxs, they both have sucked lately.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #26
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

The Mavs haven't "sucked" lately. They went to the Finals last season, won the West and 67 games this season. Yes, both seasons didn't yield a title, and we exited in a disappointing way, but I'll take that over what the Rockets have done lately.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavs haven't been "running" any races lately. So, I don't know why you think the mavs are so bad-azz compared to the roxs, they both have sucked lately.
So you'd rather never make the playoffs if you can't win it all. Silly... Is there nothing in-between?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Quote:
you can say what you want, but you don't know so please stop acting like you are the end all be all
you are wrong. I am the "end all be all." i thought you knew. bow down bitch.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #29
And1

great arguments guys. Yes, when you put it that way, yes I would rather be in the finals and such. But to the point of this thread, I hope bonzi can help us.

End all be all: I hope you're wrong
Old 06-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #30
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Hmm, back to the topic at hand, I like this move for my Rockets. I am hoping (praying...on both knees, hands in the AIR) that Bonzi gets his act together under Adelman. Considering this is his last chance for redemption before next summer (and a potential decent payday) I expect him to do just that. I think last year he was being a total ass, but also having a power conflict with JVG. It seems like all the players on the team never left his corner, so I think it was just an issue with the coach (and struggling to get over turning down $30M).

So far we have solved our problem of bench scoring from the perimiter with the Wells resigning and the M.James addition, and all we have lost is J.Howard. We still need a PF but at least we still have some assets left. I think we are having a good summer so far....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote