Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold
Default Fazekas and Reyshawn Terry?

What does everyone think?
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

I stopped caring as soon as I heard "Ni... from David Stern's fish mouth.
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
MVPizzle06

MVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the roughMVPizzle06 is a jewel in the rough

I don't understand why the braintrust keeps thinking the most important position to be addressed is backup power forward, when we clearly have a gaping hole at shooting guard. Van Horn, Croshere, and Kazekis or however you spell it? Spare me. Key word being "spare". If Byars or any other reasonably good athlete on the wing is still on the board, you take him. If a player who is efficient in the post is still on the board (Davis), you take him. I'm just not sold on what Donnie was trying to accomplish with his choices, granted I think Reyshawn was a steal.

Hopefully they have inside information about free agents, and now full well that they can acquire the talent necessary to address our holes. Maybe now that the Bobcats have acquired Richardson, the market will open up for Gerald Wallace, and hopefully he comes cheaper than expected...doubtful.
MVPizzle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

yeah Im betting they resign wallace and put him at the 3:

PG: Felton
SG: Richardson/Morrison
SF: Wallace
PF: May
C: Okafor

I would love to get Wallace if he is available though
Old 06-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

pizzle is right. Don Nelson has a good judgement on just grabbing players as he does not go by position and in the end, that will cost Nelson from ever winning a title. He want's 5 Scottie Pippen's at 6'10 at every position.

Go look at their draft tonight and he took the best all around nba players that could jump and get up and down. Regardless of size or position. Sometimes, if you can't get what you need, you are better off doing this.

Frazikas, i am sorry. Slow, can't jump and i do not feel he will ever be a 4th as good as Keith Van Horn. I hope i am very wrong and why worry about that spot. We need a hoss inside scorring. A physical man.

How did we get Terry? This guy can play and he will give us big minutes next year. Frazikas has to be wide open, Terry doesn't. He will go over the top of you.

I would not mind a Mihm and Gerald Wallace either. SA did good tonight. We went from a terrible night to a pretty good one just getting Reyshawn Terry. He is good. How did we get Terry?
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Is Reyshawn Terry, Jason's brother? Or is it just coincidence?

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Maybe i am two hard on this pick of Frazikas and maybe i need to be quiet untill i see him more. I have been reading and i have seen where he has scorred and rebounded against good teams and shoots a high % shot. They say he is very smart. Walton in LA gets by with his smartness and makes him look good. He helps the Lakers on alot of things.

Maybe Frazikas can be smart like him also and give us some things we need. Go here and look at this chart on him. What sticks out in my mind with him are these things....

Atheletism - 5 and this is not good in the nba

size - 9 - 6'11 - 240lbs is good

defense and strength is a 7, better than i thought and this is good

quickness - 5 and this is bad

jump shot - 8 is good

nba ready - 9 is great

rebounding - 8 very good

post skills - 9 this is very good

Maybe i was wrong and maybe this guy is like a Dan Issel that can play inside/outside.

This is part of his weakness and this is where Larry Bird was great. He would fist figt you in a phone booth if you wanted. If teams see this in him, they will get physical with him and he must get physical back and not run away. Dirk use to run away and hide but no more, he will take up for himself and this is when a player really gets good because these good physical teams will test you. You will either quit or accept the challenge and fight back...

((((While he doesn’t back down, he isn’t a big fan of physical contact … Doesn’t always keep good position in the low post as he tends to rooted out by stronger defenders … Added upper body strength will benefit him greatly in this area))))

This above, he must work on.

I will reserve my judgement against him untill i watch him for awhile. I was to hard on him for now. Go here and look...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/prof...ckfazekas.html
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #8
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Reyshawn Terry has some weaknesses but i like his upside for the nba and he can be a better nba player than a college player. Go here and read...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/prof...hawnterry.html

I have neve read where Reyshawn is kin to Jason but i am not sure. How did we get Terry? What did we give up?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #9
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Reyshawn Terry has some weaknesses but i like his upside for the nba and he can be a better nba player than a college player. Go here and read...

I have neve read where Reyshawn is kin to Jason but i am not sure. How did we get Terry? What did we give up?
I'm pretty sure we just traded the Serbian guy that we drafted with our 60th pick for him.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #10
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Ok, i see we gave up the 60th pick in Milovan Rakovic and probably money or a draft pick later. I am not sure.

It looks like we got one high flyer and i mean Terry can jump. He does get lost and doesn't keep his head in the game but he has so much nba potential.

Then you get a guy in Frazikas they say is one of the smartest players in all college. Shoots very good and rebounds good. He is slow and he doesn't have the natural ability like Terry but where Terry doesn 't use his head, Frazikas is one of the best. This is sort of a trade off.

I was very disapointed untill we got Terry and i am not giving up on Frazikas and will watch him. We could have got McRoberts and gave up an inch and McRobers has some upside to his game but they say he gets rattled, fouls, gets mad and sometimes quits. He does not like blocking out or doing the simple fundementals that would make him better. He is not afraid of contact and will bang you as Frazikas gets rooted out by contact. I think Avery went with the smarter man and they say he is very smart on the court. Good 3 shooter and outside shooter also so maybe Frazikas will pan out.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #11
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

It looks like we got one high flyer and i mean Terry can jump. He does get lost and doesn't keep his head in the game but he has so much nba potential.
What, did we cut Mo Ager? I can't imagine needing depth in this area.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 AM   #12
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

We needed a big man in the paint that could score inside. Dallas claims Frazikas can do both. Can he? I see Frazikas more taking a man outside and shooting the ball but maybe i am wrong.

Maybe we pulled a Don Nelson and just got the best potential player in the nba in Reyshawn Terry at that point. You know who our high flyer to the basket is?

Stackhouse at about 35 or 40 years old and Harris. Harris does all he can but he is not tall. Our team has become a stand still horse shooting contest against certain teams. Miami and GS made us a horse team. Terry stands around and shoots, Dirk stands around and shoots and after a certain point, Howard says screw it, i will stand around and just shoot.

This is when our offense comes to a stall and we run nothing thru a big man down low. They are stumps on offense. What teams are doing to us and packing the defense on Dirk/Terry and will not let them beat them in the playoffs. Everyone saw Terry/Dirk will rip you apart if you do not guard them and close. So teams in the playoffs, do now.

Mo Ager is also a stand still shooter or off a pick and doesn't like driving if it is traffic. We have got stuck with no one to penetrate except Harris and he is small. All teams have penetraters. You have to combat that in two ways, a center you throw into and now your outside opens up for Terry/Dirk. We refuse to throw the ball ever to our centers. Your other option, is to have guys penetrating like GS does to rip a defense apart.

We have neither but if ou do not play us right or have the right kind of team, we are going to win. Reyshawn Terry can be traded and us get something for him and he will also penetrate with size and dunk on you. Something we do not have.

I feel in fa, we already have a man we have picked out to get for a scorrer inside. Like a PJ Brown or Mihm or etc. Then i think we tried filling our bench with a Frazikas and Terry with needs we need to have filled and a better deeper bench.

We must free up Dirk, Terry and our shooters more. We must get more points down in the paint and low post and no, i do not feel we did that tonight(but some claim Frazikas can). Like the guy from Pitt, Gray. So i question this to but i wonder if it is a bigger picture we do not know about, involving fa, maybe a Dampier, maybe a Terry or Harris.

If we can pick up a guy like PJ Brown or Mihm and another guy that can drive and penetrate on you, this team can easily win it all. Gerald Wallace comes to mind. It has to be a decision with Terry/Harris. Who is our starting point guard? Both are good. You are to small starting both.

I feel it is more to come to fill our needs with a vet in the paint and down low.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 AM   #13
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_on_now
What, did we cut Mo Ager? I can't imagine needing depth in this area.
Ager is more of an SG while R.Terry is more of an SF. All we traded for him was a #60 pick, so really it's a no brainer to bring in some more potential.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 AM   #14
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

So hooray, we have three more 2nd rounders battling to become a bench warmer? And that´s gonna help us how?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:46 AM   #15
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

We need some bench warmers. What did our bench warmers provide for us last year in the playoffs? What did GS, SA provide with their bench warmers?

Look at where we picked at as we did not have the number one or two pick in the draft. Yes, bench warmers do help. PJ Brown, Horry, Ginobili, and even bench warmers like Steve Kerr has helped turn the tide, not only for wins but for titles.

We never should forget bench warmers are very improtant. How many mins did Barea, Willis, Pops, DJ, Ager get in the playoffs?

If you are saying, we need to trade Dirk, Howard and most of our guys and start over, then i say this is wrong. We have a very good team and it took along tme to get here. You can't snap your fingers and bring Amare and Garnett here. This team is very good and a decison needs to be made, who is our starting point guard? Are we going out in fa and getting a PJ Brown or a player that can help us score inside? Then lastly, who on our team can create a shot with people guarding him or do we need a guy like this or a guy that can penetrate and get a shot at the basket, no matter who is guarding him.

If we win a title, most likely it won't be other superstars here. We have what we have. We need to cover our weaknesses and have an answer for all styles played against us and this takes bench warmers to do this. Dirk and Kobe and even Garnett will not win a nba title by themself. It is a team sport and it is only so many things you can do.

Let me know the move you would have made to put us over the top for a title tonight? I always like listening to all suggestions.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 AM   #16
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger
So hooray, we have three more 2nd rounders battling to become a bench warmer? And that´s gonna help us how?
Well what else do you want from a draft where the Mavs have three second round picks? They picked three solid players who have the potential to help out the team, and that's exactly what we were looking for. They traded a #60 pick up to #44ish to get a guy they liked who has good potential. I'm sure they shopped around a package of the picks, Buckner etc. and there was nothing to their liking so they did the right thing. Now we need to look to continue to pull off a deal to help bolster the team more, use our MLE and LLE wisely and continue to develop as a team. They added a very good assistant coach in Westphal, and three young players with potential. They filled the need of a backup for Dirk, so we can let Cro walk, and he also has the hands at tools to score some of the bench. So in short, yes they will help the team. I for one think we had a solid draft.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:16 AM   #17
Mao

Mao is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The 60th pick and some cash .
Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 AM   #18
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Jarnett - i just tried to point out that this draft will most likely have close to zero impact on next season, and it´s nothing we really should set much hope in. We could have move up into late first without too much effort (some of the picks there were sold), and we didnt, because ... our GM and staff thought that there was nobody up there who could have helped us next year anyways? So let´s see what those guys can do on the court and ... hope FAgency gets more interesting than draft day.

And I don´t think we have the pieces in place to win a title at the moment.

On a side note - I would have taken the little Gasol over Fazekas.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:22 AM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jarnett - i just tried to point out that this draft will most likely have close to zero impact on next season, and it´s nothing we really should set much hope in. We could have move up into late first without too much effort (some of the picks there were sold), and we didnt, because ... our GM and staff thought that there was nobody up there who could have helped us next year anyways? So let´s see what those guys can do on the court and ... hope FAgency gets more interesting than draft day.

And I don´t think we have the pieces in place to win a title at the moment.

On a side note - I would have taken the little Gasol over Fazekas.
You could start watching the Blazers-- they actually got some stars out of the draft. I mean they did draft 1 overall so you wouldnt have to cry yourself to sleep over the Mavs doing damn well with the 34, 50 and 60. I mean goodness gracious you are QQing and there have been about 4 player trades so far total and its not even July 1st. Come back when the Mavs are done with free agency, trades, etc and whine then but whining now is stupid and frankly annoying.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-29-2007 at 04:28 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 AM   #20
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

I mean they did draft 1 overall so you wouldnt have to cry yourself to sleep over the Mavs doing damn well with the 34, 50 and 60

Whats your problem Erica? Coming out with personal attacks? Still not done with seeing your glory Mavs drafting great every season and making bold and right GM decisions year after year lose in the first round? So you better take wild shots on guys not jumping every "hooray" bandwagon every time you spot one?

We drafted a slow PF, some athletic wild gambling SG / SF with offense issues and - which I think might be the most important pick - a Lithuanian SG in a draft where other people were the players. That´s fine? That´s great? That´s good? Hell nobody knows. That´s just not worth the fuzz.

What we did: roll the dice on some blue chips.
What we didnt: Forced our way into late first or tried to trade for a lottery pick.

Conclusion: draft picks were either too expensive up there or our staff judged that nobody we could get our hands on would have helped us. That´s all. I can´t tell whether they are right nor wrong with that, but it´s nothing to be excited about.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 AM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

if you dont have faith you cant enjoy it when they succeed. That is all.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We drafted a slow PF, some athletic wild gambling SG / SF with offense issues and - which I think might be the most important pick - a Lithuanian SG in a draft where other people were the players. That´s fine? That´s great? That´s good? Hell nobody knows. That´s just not worth the fuzz.

What we did: roll the dice on some blue chips.
What we didnt: Forced our way into late first or tried to trade for a lottery pick.

Conclusion: draft picks were either too expensive up there or our staff judged that nobody we could get our hands on would have helped us. That´s all. I can´t tell whether they are right nor wrong with that, but it´s nothing to be excited about.

Any player under a top 5-10 pick would have been a waste of our trade pieces considering that we could get a proven veteran for the same price as a 11-30 pick... We need our impact players to come in through FA/trades, not the draft - any rookie beyond the top 10 isn't going to help this core win a ring...

That said, Fazekas has a lot of potential - hopefully he can be the "Dirk-lite" we've tried (unsuccessfully) to get out of Croshere & KVH... He has a similar skill-set, but might provide a bit more depth on both sides of the floor in terms of shooting, rebounding, and defense... At worst, he could take time to develop as a 3rd stringer/d-leaguer until his up-side blossoms (if at all)... At best, we might have just drafted a competent backup for Dirk - one less thing to worry about in the off-season...

I can't say that I expected much from the draft this year, considering that anyone we drafted would have to compete with Buckner, Ager, Pops, JJB, & DJ for a spot in the rotation (although some of those folks might not be around in a few months)... I'm pretty sure that Terry, Croshere, and George won't be here either, so I expect to see some big moves in the near future...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-29-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #23
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Fazekas probably provides as much to this team as KVH and Croshere have over the past two seasons--and probably gets paid less over his entire NBA career than we paid those two guys the last two years. I like the pick.

I really like the Terry pick. I think he's got a chance to be a solid NBA contributor. Especially since the guy we gave up to get him is pretty much rated as a "we will never hear this name again" by every draft recap I've seen.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If nick provides us what KVH did I will be ecstatic. We really missed having a mobile center-type to couple with dirk. Cro tried it but his rebounding wasn't up to snuff.

If nick can also teach dirk how to hit a jump-hook with both hands he'll be worth having on the team.

I also like the way he uses the board on the baseline, everytime I see that I see a guy that can make a lot of shots in traffic and when pressured.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #25
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

How did we come up with Terry again? Was it 60th pick straight up for the 44th? How does that happen?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #26
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
How did we come up with Terry again? Was it 60th pick straight up for the 44th? How does that happen?
Essentially ORL sold their #44 for cash. They also sold their #54 to HOU. I believe they're keeping their cap figure down for Rashard Lewis.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #27
MascisMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2M
Essentially ORL sold their #44 for cash. They also sold their #54 to HOU. I believe they're keeping their cap figure down for Rashard Lewis.
Exactly. They want to make a serious run at Lewis. If Seattle is smart they will sign and trade.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #28
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I watched KVH from college and all the way thru his nba career. This guy had so much talent if he had any mental or physical toughness about him at all. It would have been scarry what he could have done and in the end he had a good nba career. He use to make me so mad watching him on our team not even trying on defense at times or being pushed around but again i could see his skills and that he was good.

In the end, i was sort of glad when he left but when we played GS and no one could make a shot, i was like i wonder if KVH could at this moment? I was grasping for straws but coaches and teams knew KVH talent and his shooting ability but he lost so much not being tough enough.

Croshere and George never panned out to where both could shoot consistent outside. Croshere is mentally and physically tough but his talent is very limited. KVH had so much more natural talent. George has this same god gifted talent and he is pretty good on physically tough. He was projected to be a huge star like KVH. George has never been consistent and we saw this thru out the year. Two really good games and then a few bad games but atleast he can rebound, steal the ball, block a shot or do other things.

So in the playoffs, we could not score inside but we had no bench players to come in and knock down shots. Then i did see KVH importance and i have been all over KVH, upset at him.

I felt that big boy from Pitt had size at 7' and played good defense and his offense was ok inside. We could have got him. He is more defense than offense but he can score some. Instead of getting a player than can score inside and another center, i feel our staff said "we missed KVH bad" or a KVH when he was on and the good thing about a KVH player is he does have the size to get a rebound, to score inside "some" or take you outside and hit a 3 or a jump shot and make ft's.

I think they went after this kid because he is like that same mold but he is mentally tough. Now will his god given talent ever be what KVH's was? Not sure, only time will tell because KVH had lot's of talent. I am guessing, they didn't see an inside player, a paint offensive guy, for us that could make a difference, so they got a KVH type that could shoot outside, rebound some and get some baskets inside. Took a shot at this.

We need a player and one with talent and one that is tough, that will score in the paint. One we can throw the ball into and the other tem will actually guard, to keep 2 or 3 guys off Dirk and our shooters. Yes, we must have an inside guy to help our outside guys.

I feel we will get one as our coaching staff has to see that also, plus get us better bench guys that can play. Avery was scarred to play most of our bench guys, so he did not play them. I didn't know our bench was that weak. Stackhouse isn't getting any younger either and he is streaky.

We must fill up our weak spots now. Bench(maybe this draft helped a bit, if Avery would play a rookie some and if he or they pan out), inside man and he doesn't have to start but an offensive inside man for when we need him, a vet shooter off the bench that can shoot(consistent), maybe a slasher or penetrater that has size, and lastly, who is our point guard? If it is Terry, help him with passing, if it is Harris practice his outside shot. Do not start both these men at guards because now we are small.

Doesn't everyone agree, we are not that far away to compete again for a title with some minor tweaks? Maybe i am reaching but i feel we are solid. On some of these last needs, it could be a trade or we might try to address in fa.

I thought we had a better and deeper bench than what we did or maybe Avery was not at all comphy in playing them or letting them have a chance. I am tired of hearing how good DJ is from our coaching staff. If he is, let me see him play. Don't save him for the next 7 years, play him some or move him out. Ager's position would help us, let's see if he can play and if he can't let's do something. Maybe he can, i hope so.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #29
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Go over to espn,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

Listen to some of the people on the winners and losers, pod cast. Chad Ford, loved Portland, GS was a huge winner he says and is going to ever get more, SA stole a starting center he says not this next year but the year after and a real good one, he did not like what Dallas or Phx did. This was like a 14 minute pod cast.

Here is what he says in text about our pick and it is that word(slow) we all know is bad...

4 (34) Dallas (from Atlanta) Nick Fazekas 6-11 225 PF Nevada
He's Dirk Nowitzki without the athleticism -- a fantastic shooter and a good rebounder. But he has slow, slow feet...

14 (44) Orlando (Traded to Dallas) Reyshawn Terry 6-8 222 SF North Carolina
Very good value pick here. Terry has all the tools to be a good NBA player.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I watched KVH from college and all the way thru his nba career. This guy had so much talent if he had any mental or physical toughness about him at all. It would have been scarry what he could have done and in the end he had a good nba career. He use to make me so mad watching him on our team not even trying on defense at times or being pushed around but again i could see his skills and that he was good.

In the end, i was sort of glad when he left but when we played GS and no one could make a shot, i was like i wonder if KVH could at this moment? I was grasping for straws but coaches and teams knew KVH talent and his shooting ability but he lost so much not being tough enough.

Croshere and George never panned out to where both could shoot consistent outside. Croshere is mentally and physically tough but his talent is very limited. KVH had so much more natural talent. George has this same god gifted talent and he is pretty good on physically tough. He was projected to be a huge star like KVH. George has never been consistent and we saw this thru out the year. Two really good games and then a few bad games but atleast he can rebound, steal the ball, block a shot or do other things.

So in the playoffs, we could not score inside but we had no bench players to come in and knock down shots. Then i did see KVH importance and i have been all over KVH, upset at him.

I felt that big boy from Pitt had size at 7' and played good defense and his offense was ok inside. We could have got him. He is more defense than offense but he can score some. Instead of getting a player than can score inside and another center, i feel our staff said "we missed KVH bad" or a KVH when he was on and the good thing about a KVH player is he does have the size to get a rebound, to score inside "some" or take you outside and hit a 3 or a jump shot and make ft's.
KVH with the mavs and kvh at his best are two entirely different things. KVH at his peak was a damn good basketball player. He was better than anyone on this team but dirk.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #31
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed 5-0. But keith would have been better than our 7th man we threw out there. At the end of the day we were throwing out Ager to try and get someone to make a shot.

I would have loved to have had keith this year. I hope he gets a fire again and comes back.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 06-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Agreed 5-0. But keith would have been better than our 7th man we threw out there. At the end of the day we were throwing out Ager to try and get someone to make a shot.

I would have loved to have had keith this year. I hope he gets a fire again and comes back.
oh i would have loved to have had keith this year i was just pointing out that keith van horn along with christian laetner are the two people most commonly mislabeled as busts when both had better than solid pro careers.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:51 AM   #33
MascisMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
oh i would have loved to have had keith this year i was just pointing out that keith van horn along with christian laetner are the two people most commonly mislabeled as busts when both had better than solid pro careers.
I thought Christian Laettner's career was very strange. His best year was his rookie year. His first 6 seasons were solid and then he was very hit and miss for 7 seasons following.

Last edited by MascisMan; 06-30-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #34
mavsmanfromohio

mavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the roughmavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the roughmavsmanfromohio is a jewel in the rough

His name is FAZEKAS!!!

Alot of people on here probably just havent seen him play. I watched every Nevada game for the last 2 years and this guy is an absolute stud. He isnt the fastest player but he has a really, really nice feel for the game. Terrific rebounder and one of the best scorers in the country last year. His ball handling skills are great for a big man and is an excellent passer. He can create his own shot and has a great low post game. If he can work on his muscle and add some foot speed this guy could be an awesome NBA player!!!

Just becuase he is a big white guy, dont compare him to KVH or Crosh. He is much, MUCH more comparable to Dirk. Not as athletic as Dirk but has a better physical presence and I would say his defense is better than Dirks, too. He is extremely smart and has a very high IQ for the game. If the season started right now, I would like to see Fazekas played ahead of Croshere. Fazekas is, BY FAR, a better offensive player than Croshere and I would say his rebounding and defense is better, too.

This guy was my favorite college player for 3 years becuase he reminded me so much of my favorite NBA player - Dirk. So before you all start dissing him, atleast give him a chance.

Last edited by mavsmanfromohio; 06-30-2007 at 01:14 AM.
mavsmanfromohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 AM   #35
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan
I thought Christian Laettner's career was very strange. His best year was his rookie year. His first 6 seasons were solid and then he was very hit and miss for 7 seasons following.
He tore his achilles towards the end of his 6th season.

Last edited by dirno2000; 06-30-2007 at 02:20 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:21 AM   #36
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Much like Kevin Smith, never the same. But still and all, we should continue to respect the former Mavericks great.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsmanfromohio
His name is FAZEKAS!!!

Alot of people on here probably just havent seen him play. I watched every Nevada game for the last 2 years and this guy is an absolute stud. He isnt the fastest player but he has a really, really nice feel for the game. Terrific rebounder and one of the best scorers in the country last year. His ball handling skills are great for a big man and is an excellent passer. He can create his own shot and has a great low post game. If he can work on his muscle and add some foot speed this guy could be an awesome NBA player!!!

Just becuase he is a big white guy, dont compare him to KVH or Crosh. He is much, MUCH more comparable to Dirk. Not as athletic as Dirk but has a better physical presence and I would say his defense is better than Dirks, too. He is extremely smart and has a very high IQ for the game. If the season started right now, I would like to see Fazekas played ahead of Croshere. Fazekas is, BY FAR, a better offensive player than Croshere and I would say his rebounding and defense is better, too.

This guy was my favorite college player for 3 years becuase he reminded me so much of my favorite NBA player - Dirk. So before you all start dissing him, atleast give him a chance.
mmfoh.....give us a little more info.

what is his favorite move.
give some examples of plays he's made.
how has he played when he's been getting beat up.
how (does) he keep his position in the post.

come on, this is your chance, two years of watching the guy, give us the scoop!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #38
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't mind Reyshawn doing some of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oMGP1Z533Eo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r_LprwUsJW0
Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #39
Merg

Merg is on a distinguished road

any one know what number Fazeksa will have? He had 22 in college, I think it is retired for Blackman. Terry probably 3.
Merg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Give him 2.