Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #281
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Wait.... Harris knocked Yao down? What!?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #282
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
More hilarity from the rockettes board.

Yea we bad, we bad. Hilarious stuff there.
lmao, i just got done reading some posts of their board. Those guys absolutely hate us, some of the things they are saying about us are pretty hilarious.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #283
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Wait.... Harris knocked Yao down? What!?
Yeah, Yao was going on the fast break with a dunk and Harris tried to stop him, but i think he was too short, and he ended up whacking Yao on the face.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #284
eafdafea

eafdafea is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Oh come on. There was nothing even special about the foul on Tracy, other than Tracy whining about his owie.

And the one on Yao, Harris was preventing a dunk and put Yao on his ass. Who knew it was that easy?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lLavoaV0b68

Irony 101.

Figured I'd go ahead and shed some light on the game.

I was very disappointed in the way the Rockets performed in the fourth. It is nice to know that the Rockets can beat any of the notable teams in the league, except for Phoenix , they just have to stick it out until the end.

And for all of you quoting from the Rocket's boards, the same can be done to yours, we are just too classy.

Last edited by eafdafea; 11-22-2007 at 02:37 PM.
eafdafea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #285
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafdafea
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lLavoaV0b68

Irony 101.

Figured I'd go ahead and shed some light on the game.

http://photo14.yupoo.com/20071122/20...2_qefbbavi.jpg

Some light like this? ;-)

Cheers

PS: Don't know how to include the pic directly, sorry guys
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #286
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZueriMav
http://photo14.yupoo.com/20071122/20...2_qefbbavi.jpg

Some light like this? ;-)

Cheers

PS: Don't know how to include the pic directly, sorry guys
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #287
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

^Yao can kiss my ass

why do all their trolls come out every time we embarass them? or is it just right after we play them? it's hard to tell the difference these days.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #288
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

You can tell that the guy in the Mavs uni in the background is loving it.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #289
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
i dont care anymore about that, im worried on why stack dunked that ball? why would he do that
Dude, seriously...get over it. It's not a big deal. It's not like a 6 point loss is infinitely more embarrassing to the Rockets than a 4 point loss.

*edit* I see that shortly after this post, you did in fact seem to "get over it". So I apologize.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 11-22-2007 at 09:42 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #290
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You know, that's a good point. Yao is awfully damn weak for a man his size. I would be embarrassed if I were a Rockets fan.

Of course, I would also be embarrassed if I were a Rockets fan generally, but I think you get my drift.
Seriously chum...where has this version of you been? I've been on this board for 3 years now (1.5 as an active poster) and I've rarely seen you with such hubris. I absolutely love it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 AM   #291
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Hmm, tough loss for us and GREAT comeback for y'all. We still have a penchant to blow big leads. Hopefully we can correct it come playoff time.

I hate Stackhouse....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #292
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You know, that's a good point. Yao is awfully damn weak for a man his size. I would be embarrassed if I were a Rockets fan.

Of course, I would also be embarrassed if I were a Rockets fan generally, but I think you get my drift.
Yao really isn't weak at all. He is actually one of the strongest players in the league.

What hurts Yao (especially in the NBA) is his complete lack of athleticism. As a Rockets fan, this does not upset me because I know that 7'6 dudes are typically not athletic and I can respect Yao for what he is, a finesse center that is very good at putting the ball in the basket. I don't expect Yao to lead us to a title (T-Mac carries that burden) but I do expect his 25 and 10 on a good %. I think we can win a title with Yao giving us that if T-Mac plays like a superstar (kinda like Dirk has to play like one for y'all to win) and we get solid production from our role players (something your role players do very well...at times they carry Dirk IMO). Through 13 games I can say I'm satisfied with the upgrade at PF (Scola) but we are still a PG away from seriously competing.

To answer your other question I think the Mavs are closer to winning a title than my Rockets, and both trail SA. I wouldn't be suprised to see either team hoist the trophy at the end of this season. Either way, we will have some great basketball in TX this year....
Old 11-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #293
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Yao is the best center in the NBA, why don't people get off his nuts.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 AM   #294
kingmalaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Yao is the best center in the NBA, why don't people get off his nuts.
He is, but not because he is so strong...because the position is so weak. It's kinda like saying I have the prettiest fat girlfriend.

Yao is great at scoring but average at rebounding and defense. When he isn't scoring his production decreases dramatically. Howard is matching his production on both ends of the court off sheer size and athleticism right now. You can't just run the offense through him but his athleticism makes it harder to remove him from the game completely. If he learns some moves call it a night....
Old 11-24-2007, 05:17 AM   #295
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

going slightly off topic.. is it sufficient to say that having a dominant big man isn't the name of the game anymore in the NBA, since the rules have opened up for penetration by guards/swingmen? Or does it just seem that way because there are very few guys you pound the ball to inside every possession anymore?

i mean, a Yao team is 6-7 and a Shaq team is 3-9(ish). Duncan's team won the title but would it have done so without good outside shooting, lockdown perimeter D, and the penetration ability of Manu and TP? The Suns got to the WCF without Amare. Aside from Dwight, I can't really see any big men directly responsible for a lot of success in this league anymore. Having the best center in the league isn't as good as having one of the 3 best swingman in the league if you just surround them with scrubs all around..
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote