Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-08-2002, 10:53 AM   #1
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

Just wrote my first online article where I propose a trade for the Mavs to get a SF. Let me know what you think.
TRADE IDEA
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2002, 11:06 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Interesting, but you don't explain why Chicago would do this deal. Moving a player isn't enough. In my mind, AJ and Griffin do nothing for Chicago. They don't want or need AJ, except to possibly tutor J. Williams. And Griffin is of no real help to them.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:14 AM   #3
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I heard that Chicago is looking for a veteran for some lockeroom leadership.

This has Avery Johnson written all over it.

And Griffen is a nice player on your bench that doesn't make near as much as Robinson.

Chicago just doesn't have any room for him.

I like the trade for both parties.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 11:42 AM   #4
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Interesting idea. Although, wouldn't you rather add Bryan Rusell and keep Griffin?? I will admit that I haven't seen Robinson play all that much but I am pretty sure he is not a better alternative than just signing Russel.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #5
uberfan
Golden Member

Russell is 31, is a couple of inches shorter (in height for some of you who need the extra clarification[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]), and certainly has less upside. I don't see him as a long term part of the Mavs like a Lewis or Robinson would be.

Do we really know if Griffin can play a full season with his back? True, his salary doesn't drain us if he's injured like TAW does, but I wonder if it's easier to return from knee surgery or back surgery. If I remember correctly, last year TAW was recovering from knee surgery the year before.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:04 PM   #6
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

I agree with all your points, however, I am not convinced that Robinson's "upside" is more important than Griffin's defense (whenever it's provided, it is excellent), AJ's leadership, and adding Rusell which is no risk and cheaper.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:07 PM   #7
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

indeed, i´d not like to part with aj and adrian if not needed ...
Old 08-08-2002, 12:09 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I think we are all getting carried away with this small foward thing here. Small Foward is not much of a need to go and trade for one. What we should be trading for is some defensive presence. The whole point of signing Lewis was to ADD him because we could honestly put Najera or Griffen in that starting sf spot. But it is our weakest position and to sign a guy liek Lewis for the exception is tremendous thats why we are trying to sign him. I dont see Mavs trading for a small foward I just see them signing one or sticking with what they have. I wouldnt do the trade because it just looks as if Mavs are just trying to do a trade to say they did one. And it also leaves us with less players and being that we lost Buck and could lose Najera and Wang that wont be good. And if u think Griffen is injury prone then I dont know how many games Robinson was out but I never saw him play last season. Not against the Mavs nor the Lakers and other game I saw on WGN.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 12:15 PM   #9
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I agree we dont need a small foward as much as a center.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 12:16 PM   #10
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

but if we get rashard that would be great
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 02:52 PM   #11
uberfan
Golden Member

<< I agree we dont need a small foward as much as a center. >>

I think SportsMeister has made all my points in counterargument for me. Why Mavs Need a SF