Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-26-2008, 06:14 PM   #41
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Clutch City? I thought they called it Choke City. You know, with that playoff game against the Bills and all.
It's Clutch City if you live within the confines of Houston and have lost small portions of your brain from breathing air that's about as clean as a chick standing on the sidewalk of Harry Hines.

Otherwise, it's Choke City.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-26-2008 at 06:14 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #42
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Latter day saints in 5.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #43
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
It's Clutch City if you live within the confines of Houston and have lost small portions of your brain from breathing air that's about as clean as a chick standing on the sidewalk of Harry Hines.

Otherwise, it's Choke City.
Funny, since Dallas is only one spot below Houston in pollution.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #44
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Funny, since Dallas is only one spot below Houston in pollution.
Whatever makes you feel better about your (almost) 0-7 in the first round "superstar."

Old 04-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #45
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Whatever makes you feel better about your (almost) 0-7 in the first round "superstar."
Okay, talk to me when the Mavs advance.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #46
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I really feel for you. They came so close tonight. Hope you get through the night ok.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #47
LonghornDub

Quote:
Don't even go there, seriously. For all their failures, the Mavs have more playoff acumen in the past 7 years on their pinky fingers than do the Rockets on all 10. Whether the Mavs advance this year sure as hell doesn't change that.

Cue 1994 banner talk in 3, 2, 1.....

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-27-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #48
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well I don't care who's right or wrong and I won't try to understand
Let the devil take tomorrow cause tonight I need a friend
Yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow's out of sight
And it's sad to be alone help me make it through the night
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 AM   #49
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Don't even go there, seriously. For all their failures, the Mavs have more playoff acumen in the past 7 years on their pinky fingers than do the Rockets on all 10. Whether the Mavs advance this year sure as hell doesn't change that.

Cue 1994 banner talk in 3, 2, 1.....
Yes, past seven years, but so what? What has that brought the Mavs?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 AM   #50
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike a lot of Mavs fans, evidently, I like Houston. The world is a better place when the Rockets are part of the mix.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #51
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Unlike a lot of Mavs fans, evidently, I like Houston. The world is a better place when the Rockets are part of the mix.
Please explain because this is interesting.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #52
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If you can read, there's no explanation necessary.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:08 AM   #53
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
If you can read, there's no explanation necessary.
What?

I'm not in the right state of mind right now. I'll sleep and read in the morning.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-27-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #54
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't know you are being patronized, YOU ARE THE DUMBASS IN THE THREAD.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:40 AM   #55
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

I guess so.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:41 AM   #56
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #57
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

I want to thank the Rockets for another incredible season. 22-0. There was that halftime show with the fake proposal which was pretty hilarious. Got some solid rookies which will only get better and we almost nabbed the first seed. w00t!

But seriously Dallas' season will more than likely end an hour or two before ours which makes this year a success once again. Import Yao healthy next season and add a third scorer.

PS: Shane Battier is still available for Howard.
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #58
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico
But seriously Dallas' season will more than likely end an hour or two before ours which makes this year a success once again.
Just say no to moral victories.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #59
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

We will give you Howard, EJ, George, and Avery for Battier.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #60
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is a clever trade... by sending Avery, you ultimately are sending Stackhouse too. Well done!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #61
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, after sarcastically blaming himself for the Rockets' game 2 home court loss last week, it looks like T-Mac's found someone else to blame for their latest game 4 loss- specifically, his coach and game 3, one-legged Rocket's hero Carl Landry...

McGrady calls out Adelman, Landry

You'd think a guy with as much baggage as Tracy McGrady would know better than to offer a public assessment of someone else's job performance. That's what he did after Game 4 Saturday night in Utah.

When McGrady was asked how Mehmet Okur had been allowed to grab a key rebound on a missed free throw with around six seconds remaining and the Rockets down two, he served Carl Landry and Rick Adelman up on a platter.

"I hit the ball off the glass, and Carl just mistimed it," McGrady said.

And then...

"Okur came over and got the rebound," McGrady said. "It was a big rebound we didn't get. That was the point where Dikembe (Mutombo) and those guys should have been in the game, because we would have called a timeout had we gotten the rebound."

Moments earlier, Adelman had second-guessed himself about not having Mutombo in the game. He said he had considered it, but that he decided to stick with his "two most athletic guys"--McGrady and Landry.

Adelman had used much of his news conference to defend McGrady. McGrady was 9 for 25 in Game 4 and is shooting 19 percent in the fourth quarter in this series.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice..._cards_ar.html
Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #62
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

oh, yeah. I forgot to throw in Stackhouse. But, that is like having a deuce kicker in poker.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #63
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Maybe McGrady should go smoke pot with Josh Howard this offseason.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #64
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Kidd Terry Battier Dirk Damp = smarter, can shoot better, can play better defense, oh and is smarter than any lineup we can put out there with our current roster.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #65
RonMexico

RonMexico can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Avery can caddy for Rick and Howard will bring those teeth and tenacity which we have been sorely missing all these years. BTW - Battier is shooting 56% from the field and 69% from beyond the arc.
RonMexico is offline   Reply With Quote