Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2001, 05:50 PM   #1
cometsluv4play

cometsluv4play is on a distinguished road

hello from houston! just wanted to stop by and say congradulation on a great series and one hell of a win in Utah. thanks for making Utah Texas's bitch once again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

cometsluv4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2001, 06:52 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for making Utah Texas's bitch once again

HAHAH I LOVE IT!!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 01:24 AM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Always a pleasure
Old 05-05-2001, 02:23 AM   #4
cometsluv4play

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2001, 12:10 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

cometsluv4play - give us some advice on beating the Spurs.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 12:12 AM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't the Rockets just completely trash the Spurs in their third or final meeting this season? Man I remember seeing the boxscore and thinking WTF?!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 04:10 AM   #7
cometsluv4play

i not going to start lying to ya about how to beat the Spurs. i don't know if ya noticed...but Popovich is stealing Rudy T's Championship game plan. its the same inside/out theory. only "the sperms" are even better at it that we were because they have two big men on the inside and we only had one (Olajuwon). its going be tough guys no doubt about it. its unfortunate that the flagrant 2 on Howard ( which i believe was NOT intentional, and i think everone else does too) is gonna hurt you guys. he is a good pick up for you, and not to mention Calvin Booth too. all i can say is, you guys can not have an off night, you gotta be hitting your shots every night to get by them. its possible, Duncan had a bad night in Minnisota, it could happen. but either way, your team will benifit greatly from this series, reguardless of the outcome, and will still be looked upon with great favor league wide. congradulations again, and know that i am pulling for you all the way![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

that and if Duncan isn't hitting his free throws,...could be huge!!!

Old 05-06-2001, 09:33 AM   #8
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Keep posting cometsluv4play - the perspective of fans from another team is cool. We as Mavs fans tend to look at our team with rose colored glasses.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 05:09 PM   #9
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Our best strategy to win is to injure that Duncan fella. But the league mkight not like that and it is kind of Utah-Jazz-ish, so we'll have to rely more on our own players.
Old 05-06-2001, 06:47 PM   #10
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

What kind of basketball fan wants to hurt another player? That aint cool...I'd rather play a clean series and lose big time, than play Jazz style ball and win...
Old 05-06-2001, 06:54 PM   #11
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Yeah, good call big_pth. I don't want our guys to be looked at like the Jazz are viewed.
Old 05-06-2001, 07:44 PM   #12
cometsluv4play

agreed!!! i don't want to see Duncan hurt or Derek Anderson, no way! nor do i wanna see Nowitski, Howard, Finley, and Nash hurt either. i want a great game, period. you've got all you need to win. and if not this year, maybe next year...Dallas will be a good team for a long time, and rightly so (btw, so will houston[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). be patient, Mark Cuban is taking care of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

we ain't got no chalupa's in houston yet, thanks, Les[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2001, 08:52 AM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

basketball is a rough sport, and it is meant to be played that well.
yes, you want to contend a breakaway layup. yes, you want to make a guy feel it when you foul him. You have to foul someone hard to make sure that they don't make the basket. but, you don't foul someone hard when they are in a vulnerable position. things happen, like what happened to derek andersen.

but, there's a huge difference between making a guy feel it when you foul him and wishing for someone to get injured. It is poor, piss poor to wish injury on another person.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote