Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
What´s the max % of incometax you have to pay in U.S. ?
Here is a link to the 2007 IRS tax tables.

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article...164272,00.html

The highest percentage shown is 35%, but that's only for the amount of money earned over X dollars. After you determine the total tax and then take the overall percentage, it will be less than 35%.

I don't know if the rates are different for investments and capital gains.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
I don't know if the rates are different for investments and capital gains.
Most countries have different rates on that sort of income. Can´t imagine, U.S. does different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
Here is a link to the 2007 IRS tax tables.

http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/article...164272,00.html

The highest percentage shown is 35%, but that's only for the amount of money earned over X dollars. After you determine the total tax and then take the overall percentage, it will be less than 35%.
Ah, thanks for the chart.. Interesting thing. Now i know better why so many people from germany are leaving our country to work in the united states....

So "$0 - $11,200 10% of the amount over $0" means even the first 11200 $ are taxable ? Hm...

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-28-2008 at 10:12 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter