Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-09-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Up front: I'm a lousy cap and trade possibilities guy, but I would love to trade Nick/other for a resigned Olowokandi and Marko Jaric. Maybe not even Olowokandi, but at least Jaric. I would love to see a tandem of Nash and Jaric. He impressed me in the World Championships....I would also love to get start dealing with Oberto/Argentina and buy out his contract. Unfortunately he probably is too expensive.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:39 PM   #2
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

As has been hashed and re-hashed...a deal with the Clippers is almost impossible. #1 NVE's contract is to large for them to take on. #2 is why would they now that they have Andre Miller? #3 is that it would take NVE's contract w/change to make a deal with Kandi work. I like Jaric too, but we can't get him for Nick unless a third team is involved.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:29 PM   #3
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Doesn't Oberto play for a Spanish team? Cuban has the money to buy out just about anyone, but rules of the NBA effects him. Also has he been drafted by anyone who is simply letting him mature? Anyone know...????
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:55 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< As has been hashed and re-hashed...a deal with the Clippers is almost impossible. #1 NVE's contract is to large for them to take on. #2 is why would they now that they have Andre Miller? #3 is that it would take NVE's contract w/change to make a deal with Kandi work. I like Jaric too, but we can't get him for Nick unless a third team is involved. >>

#1, NVE gave up a lot of money to the Nuggets in order to get traded, so he's not that expensive.#2, The Clippers have the lowest salary cap in the NBA. All most 20million dollars under, so they could afford him.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 03:27 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< As has been hashed and re-hashed...a deal with the Clippers is almost impossible. #1 NVE's contract is to large for them to take on. #2 is why would they now that they have Andre Miller? #3 is that it would take NVE's contract w/change to make a deal with Kandi work. I like Jaric too, but we can't get him for Nick unless a third team is involved. >>

#1, NVE gave up a lot of money to the Nuggets in order to get traded, so he's not that expensive.#2, The Clippers have the lowest salary cap in the NBA. All most 20million dollars under, so they could afford him.
>>

But the question is do u spend over ur usual pay for a 31 year old Nick or a 25 year old kid in the free agency pool next season? I think we know the obvious.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:26 PM   #6
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< #1, NVE gave up a lot of money to the Nuggets in order to get traded, so he's not that expensive. >>

I don't know where you got that. I think NVE made a COMMENT to the press that he'd CONSIDER giving up some of his money but he never did. NVE makes around $11M. That's expensive.

<< #2, The Clippers have the lowest salary cap in the NBA. All most 20million dollars under, so they could afford him. >>

Sterling has NEVER paid a player more than what Olowokandi is making right now, something less than $5M per year. NVE makes over twice that much. With Miller and the Euro, the Clippers don't need NVE or his salary.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:36 PM   #7
Fin4MVP

Fin4MVP is on a distinguished road

To add onto your post David, Sterling has never had a guy worth 5m or more IMO. And to pay NVE 11m is ridiculous, he isn't worth that much especially on a team where he wouldn't start.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:21 AM   #8
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

We'll never get Olowokandi. Life sucks. They can keep Jaric, I just want Olowokandi.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:47 AM   #9
Fin4MVP

Fin4MVP is on a distinguished road

I agree
Old 09-10-2002, 12:34 PM   #10
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

You know if you offer Clippers a sign and trade for Wang, a decent second low cost guy like Ech or Griffin (just examples as to cost)along with a #1 draft pick and a #2 pick and 3 million, as cheap as Sterling is HE might listen...gives him options and a way to save face and keep his coins in his pocket which has always been his motive.

Clipps are going to have a hard time paying what OLowokondi is worth...but they are going to get alot in return THAT does not cost them money, they plan on keeping the lowest payroll in the league...

Does it make sense for the Mavs to do this? Is O really worth 5 role players? I would think with where the Mavs are most likely...well anyway it gives us something to bitch about until something really happens.
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote