Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-07-2001, 11:45 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Ok, I know, this is a little early but I wanna get my mind off game 2 as soon as possible.

Hopefully we'll bring more, alot more energy into game 3. Everyone needs to pick it up but especially Dirk, Howard, Fin, and Nash.

I DO think we win this game too.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2001, 11:49 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

ARRGG. I'm even double posting. Sorry 'bout that.

Old 05-07-2001, 11:52 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's safe to say that Wednesday's game is a must-win. I don't expect Howard to step up since he's been pretty lethargic the last few weeks, but Dirk, Fin, and Nash HAVE to make their shots. Bradley and Eisley also have to contribute like they've done these last couple games.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

It's not a "must-win" until I hear those magic words from Rob [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2001, 02:13 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Are we out of the playoffs if we don't win? NOOO. So it's not a "must win" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 05-08-2001, 02:47 PM   #6
Intruder

Intruder is on a distinguished road

Before I continue, I want to say that I'm a Spurs fan. If you want to hold that against me thats fine. I'm not here to bash, or trash talk. I'm here to see what you guys are thinking. See it from the other side.

No it's not a must WIN game for the Mavs. In fact I really think that they will shoot lights out tomorrow night. Emotions will be high, and being back at home will really give them the spark they need to win tomorrow. The game on Saturday is the one I think the Spurs could win, but will see what happens. That's just my thought.

Intruder
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 02:50 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Welcome aboard Intruder. We always like to see what fans of other teams thoughts and opinions are on things. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

And I agree. The home crowd should give them a big boost and hopefully they'll gain some confidence.

Old 05-08-2001, 02:52 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the board Intruder! Don't worry..there's very little bs and trashtalk here. I think this game is a definite must-win in the sense that there's no way in hell the Mavs will be able to bounce back from an 0-3 deficit against the best team in the league. Hopefully being back in Reunion will get the guys going. Playing in the Alamodome is probably a completely different, and often disorienting, experience (though of course the reason why we dropped the first two was because the Spurs just completely dominated and shut us down).
Old 05-08-2001, 11:14 PM   #9
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question for Intruder. Have you heard anything about how much longer the Admiral might be playing?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 11:36 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

Duncan signed a 3-year deal last summer mainly so he could continue playing alongside his buddy Robinson. So I'm guess Mr. Robinson's got at least two more seasons before calling it quits.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:48 PM   #11
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

So two more years of beating our heads against the wall? Damn!

I'm beginning to feel the way Bum Phillips of Houston Oiler fame felt when the Steelers kept beating him in the playoffs.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 11:52 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

Imagine how different this season would have been had Duncan decided to sign with Orlando! The Spurs would be down in the basement, and it would probably be the Rockets and Mavs going at it in postseason [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Of course Shaq's former team would probably also go on to beat LA in the Finals.