Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold
Default Reagan Appointee and (Recent) McCain Adviser Charles Fried Supports Obama

Reagan Appointee and (Recent) McCain Adviser Charles Fried Supports Obama

Reagan Appointee and (Recent) McCain Adviser Charles Fried Supports Obama

Charles Fried, a professor at Harvard Law School, has long been one of the most important conservative thinkers in the United States. Under President Reagan, he served, with great distinction, as Solicitor General of the United States. Since then, he has been prominently associated with several Republican leaders and candidates, most recently John McCain, for whom he expressed his enthusiastic support in January.

This week, Fried announced that he has voted for Obama-Biden by absentee ballot. In his letter to Trevor Potter, the General Counsel to the McCain-Palin campaign, he asked that his name be removed from the several campaign-related committees on which he serves. In that letter, he said that chief among the reasons for his decision "is the choice of Sarah Palin at a time of deep national crisis."

Fried is exceptionally thoughtful and principled; his vote for Obama is especially noteworthy.

--Cass. R. Sunstein

UPDATE: Fried writes to TNR: I admire Senator McCain and was glad to help in his campaign, and to be listed as doing so; but when I concluded that I must vote for Obama for the reason stated in my letter, I felt it wrong to appear to be recommending to others a vote that I was not prepared to cast myself. So it was more of an erasure than a public affirmation--although obviously my vote meant that I thought that Obama was preferable to McCain-Palin. I do not consider abstention a proper option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could it get any worse for McCain/Palin ticket? Well, I thought about it, and it could get worse before the election. All we need is one more interview from Palin and she just may say something that would cause he to be exile from the United States immediately. You never know about that lady. Just think, we have her watching the Russia for us. Lets stop distracting her, because that is a big task for the entire Republic (I meant "STATE") of Alaska.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him. I'm sure Obama will appreciate the vote. Perhaps Reagan will vote for Obama as well... well, maybe not.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

All these endorsements are pretty standard operating procedure as it gets closer right?

These are people who have no morals, but just want to be invited to all the fancy dinner parties in Washington for the next 4 years?

They don't actually support him whole heartedly.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure they'll probably have a baby killing party at some point. Maybe if Obama wins, he'll celebrate by offing some of Palin's children. One of her kids has downs syndrome..sounds like the perfect chance for Obama to get a little blood on his hands.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
All these endorsements are pretty standard operating procedure as it gets closer right?

These are people who have no morals, but just want to be invited to all the fancy dinner parties in Washington for the next 4 years?

Could you please elaborate on people supporting Obama as being people with no morals? Please also show me where these people are dont actually support Obama? You seem to know alot about what other people think or thinking. Especially, since all of this is pretty standard
Old 10-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

They may not support him "whole-heartedly" but I do think they agree that he'll do a better job as president than the alternative(s). I think the last 8 years have really alienated a lot of moderate conservatives and even I know plenty of people who have always voted Republican but are voting for Obama this time around. I have a hard time believing they're just jumping on the winning team's bandwagon so they can get invited to fancy dinner parties, mainly because (and my memory is flaky so I could be wrong about this), I remember Clinton winning pretty easily in '96 and very few Republicans crossing over to support him even though they knew that Dole had practically no chance.

Ultimately, as we all know, most endorsements really don't matter.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn this City View Post
They may not support him "whole-heartedly" but I do think they agree that he'll do a better job as president than the alternative(s). I think the last 8 years have really alienated a lot of moderate conservatives and even I know plenty of people who have always voted Republican but are voting for Obama this time around. I have a hard time believing they're just jumping on the winning team's bandwagon so they can get invited to fancy dinner parties, mainly because (and my memory is flaky so I could be wrong about this), I remember Clinton winning pretty easily in '96 and very few Republicans crossing over to support him even though they knew that Dole had practically no chance.

Ultimately, as we all know, most endorsements really don't matter.
Great post. I think that some missed this post by you.

Tags
race bait