Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #41
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
but, he has no nads?
yeah cause i kicked him there.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
They are a-cooking over at db.com...Flat out assertions from Richie Witt and Marc Stein that avery is lying his arse off.

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.com/topic/19554

AVERY LIED!!
.... read up in the thread.. I've already mentioned that AJ is 'lying'..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #43
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Damn... what's up with all the Avery bashing? Yall weren't saying none of this back in 2006. I agree it was Avery's time to go for the betterment of the team, but all this hating is rediculous.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
Damn... what's up with all the Avery bashing? Yall weren't saying none of this back in 2006. I agree it was Avery's time to go for the betterment of the team, but all this hating is rediculous.
Yes, it's true....I...let me see, yes... I "weren't saying none of this" back in 2006. In fact I fastidiously supported the man until April last year, but it's clear now that he was in the wrong. There is just too much evidence against him, and after hearing Dirk speak out against him several times since, I have no problem with the Avery bashing.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #45
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Avery sux, F him. I hate him, if we had Rick Carlislie vs the Heat in 2006 we would have won even with the refs cheating their butts off, if we had Carlislie vs the Warriors we would have locked them up with good defense and we could have won another championship because we were clearly the best team in the league that year. Avery was always mean to my boy Devin and eventually got him traded, then he backed off the trade when things weren't going well. He never gave my Boy Marquis a chance, he got rid of Adrian Griffin, he had a love affair with Stack, put useless veterans on our team, he tried to turn Dirk into Duncan, and he got outcoached every year he was here. Avery screwed up so much S***, I hate him. F Avery Johnson wherever he is, I don't wish Avery Johnson well.

Last edited by LSMF; 10-22-2008 at 09:45 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #46
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdubya View Post
In 2006, we were in the finals.

In 2008, we have 2 first round exits due to dumbass coaching after the finals run.

Comprende? I mean, if you're a fan of 1st round exits year after year, then go ahead and polish avery's nuts and serve him a milkshake, because i will do no such thing.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 10-22-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM   #47
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
In 2006, we were in the finals.

In 2008, we have 2 first round exits due to dumbass coaching after the finals run.

Comprende? I mean, if you're a fan of 1st round exits year after year, then go ahead and polish avery's nuts and serve him a milkshake, because i will do no such thing.
Haha... in 2006 you were probably the main one on his nuts. Got a "Lil General" tatoo on your buttcheeks and all that other gei shyt. LOL

But then you start hating, just 2 years after you'd pay to taste the man's teste sweat...just like the flip-flopping turncoat you are.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, during the finals in 2006, I was rather pissed at Avery. I've always believed that it was his poor coaching that played a huge role in the finals loss. He decided to try and take time off of the clock with a 10+ point lead but with over half a quarter left. If the Mavs would have just kept running their offense, they would have continued to score more than enough to win that game 3.. If they win three, it's probably a 4 game sweep.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Actually, during the finals in 2006, I was rather pissed at Avery. I've always believed that it was his poor coaching that played a huge role in the finals loss. He decided to try and take time off of the clock with a 10+ point lead but with over half a quarter left. If the Mavs would have just kept running their offense, they would have continued to score more than enough to win that game 3.. If they win three, it's probably a 4 game sweep.
+1... Truer werds halve never ben spokin.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #50
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was really pissed about that but what really pisses me off was Game 5 of the finals. Game 5 of the 2006 Nba finals HAS to be the most rigged game in Nba History, we had 6 more made field goals, and 10 more rebounds than the heat and yet we still lost. This was also the game were Wade shot as many freethrows as the whole team.

Miami in the 3rd quarter ft's 17 Dallas 3rd qtr fts 0. Mavs couldn't get any fouls called while Haslem and Shaq pound on Dirk. We should have won that game, and if we won that game can you imagine the emotions of the players coming back home to Dallas for Game 6?! Can you imagine how crazy the Crowd would be?!That series would have been over if we would have won Game 5. There was no way Stern was letting that happen, thats why he made sure we didn't win Game 5. No matter how blatant or obvious that rigging was Stern and the refs didn't care.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #51
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #52
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa - what's the guy at the rear-end of the horse doing right before he cracks the whip????

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-22-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: gross...
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #53
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Avery wanted shrimp over crawfish.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #54
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I don't blame him as much as most... but he's still an idiot. If I believed he actually wanted Harris over Kidd I would have a slightly better opinion of him.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #55
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a slow, simmering boil going for him after the GSW's series and what appeared to be a most atrocious coaching job. His inability to see that slowing it down against them was stupid and not being able to get the ball to dirk except at the 3pt line.

He was so bad in that series. Changing the roster, blaming the team and doing NOTHING to help them. I was done after he benched jkidd against the spurs. I would have fired him that night.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #56
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I had a slow, simmering boil going for him after the GSW's series and what appeared to be a most atrocious coaching job. His inability to see that slowing it down against them was stupid and not being able to get the ball to dirk except at the 3pt line.

He was so bad in that series. Changing the roster, blaming the team and doing NOTHING to help them. I was done after he benched jkidd against the spurs. I would have fired him that night.
My thoughts and feelings exactly.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #57
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Avery, you little...........

craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #58
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Total hotness ^^^^^^^^

Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #59
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Who's that your girlfriend?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #60
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Hint: She's about 4'7".

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 10-22-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #61
Rick41
Diamond Member

Shawne Johnson.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #62
lalaland

lalaland is infamous around these partslalaland is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
But it obviously wasn't going well which was why a trade was made. Majority of people think the trade was a good trade, so it would benifit him to STFU imo. Having a HOF PG with the talent we already have here that is aging helps when trying to win now.

I dont know what rock you have been living under but most everybody has said what i bad trade it was. Face it, Kid is old and you traded your young up and coming point guard that would have been enough to get a champoinship.
lalaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #63
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
That horse is alive though.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #64
The Franchise
Banned

The Franchise is infamous around these partsThe Franchise is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I dont know what rock you have been living under but most everybody has said what i bad trade it was. Face it, Kid is old and you traded your young up and coming point guard that would have been enough to get a champoinship.
Trying to use logic against stupidity will never work. Go with the flow. It was all Averys' fault. Kidd is the Messaiah. Now let's see what excuse they come up with this year to cover their faliure.
The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #65
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Trying to use logic against stupidity will never work. Go with the flow. It was all Averys' fault. Kidd is the Messaiah. Now let's see what excuse they come up with this year to cover their faliure.
Messiah? Yeah... that's the word people use to describe Jason Kidd around here....
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #66
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What? What does that mean?

But yeah, damn it we let a HOF PG go and now N.J is gonna win a championship! noooo
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #67
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can you show me how you deduced that "most everybody has said what i bad trade it was?"

Most folks here were sad to see Harris go, but many thought the deal was necessary. I am guessing by your red box collection that you are just baiting here, but Harris wasn't enough of a factor to keep the Mavs from getting knocked out of the first round against Golden State, so how do you figure he "would have been enough to get a championship?"

ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #68
SMC0007
Guru

Because Harris held the key to any success we ever had, duh... And now were gonna watch as Jersey wins it all. I mean, I guess we could hope to play them in the finals, but I think it's quite obvious that we stand no chance against the likes of D.Harris.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #69
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Avery, you little...........

MUTHAFUKKEN SAVED!
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 AM   #70
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

let this thread die.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 AM   #71
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Shawn-John?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #72
SMC0007
Guru

sean john
Old 10-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #73
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Don't forget that D-Whistle had FIVE fouls against him midway through the 4th and yet no attempt was made to exploit that fact on offense and possibly foul him out of the game...
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason kidd