Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #161
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

You've gotta win these next two and not have any setbacks and build momentum into the tough stretch. Of course, you can't get cocky about it either.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #162
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Although the O-line was horrid, Campbell showed his true, inferior colors by making bad decisions. 3rd and 4, he misses a cutting Thomas. 4th and 4, he avoids the pressure, has time to look around, but forces it to Moss. Sigh... good win for the Cowboys.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #163
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The first couple of possessions, it looked like they were still calling plays for Brad Johnson.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #164
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Let's all listen to the postgame show on www.theticket.com. This was a beautiful win!
Great minds think alike...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #165
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Cowboys still shot themselves in the foot too many times. A horrible pass that's intercepted takes away 3 to 7 points (probably)... another interception that probably should have been a completion takes points off the board... a freaking illegal formation penalty takes away a big gainer... This team has got to stop shooting itself in the foot.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #166
Murphy3
Guru

i'm doing the exact same thing...
Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #167
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
The first couple of possessions, it looked like they were still calling plays for Brad Johnson.
Early on in the thread, I was saying the exact same thing

I guess Garrett finally remembered he had a quarterback in there again who didn't completely suck.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #168
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I always listen to the post game on The Ticket. The best in town.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #169
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Early on in the thread, I was saying the exact same thing

I guess Garrett finally remembered he had a quarterback in there again who didn't completely suck.
The O-line also stepped up big today. I mean, I think there was one time, and one time only, that someone was near Romo. Don't know if that's more credit to the Cowboys or the dreadfully-apparent zero pass rush from the Redskins. They would send the house at Romo and he could just stand there and pick the secondary apart.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #170
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to say that the Cowboys are now officially the team that "nobody wants to face in the playoffs." I think this is a better role for them to play. Nobody is feeding them any cheese right now.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #171
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I always listen to the post game on The Ticket. The best in town.
Speaking of, Larry Brown had a pretty good insight on the cornerback situation. He said that Orlando Scandrick's very solid play in the slot has opened up things for Newman to be able to play the outside. I knew the Cowboys were going to be better off for the help they got a corner. That third cornerback slot was such a liability last year that I think we made a huge upgrade adding a guy like Scandrick. I'm thinking if we can keep our corners healthy, we might see some huge dividends paid off from this down the stretch.

By the way, does anyone know what the Pacman situation is right now? I'm not sure if I really miss him at all.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #172
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
I'm going to say that the Cowboys are now officially the team that "nobody wants to face in the playoffs." I think this is a better role for them to play. Nobody is feeding them any cheese right now.
By beating an offensive-struggling Redskins 14-10?
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #173
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe in the NFC but I think Indy has a hold on that title for now.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #174
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Maybe in the NFC but I think Indy has a hold on that title for now.
Indy needs to get their running game going before I take them seriously. Addai had been horrible this season until today.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-16-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #175
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Indy needs to get their running game going before I take them seriously. Addai had been horrible this season until today.
Maybe they read your mind and tried to show you something today.
I think their O-line is slowly rounding into form as well and that'll help their cause.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-16-2008 at 11:57 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #176
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I knew the Cowboys were going to be better off for the help they got a corner. That third cornerback slot was such a liability last year that I think we made a huge upgrade adding a guy like Scandrick.
I get where you are coming from, but at the same time, I'm not sure that people realize how good we actually had it at third corner last year. Jacques Reeves is presently a starting corner in this league. The kid can play. We upgraded by spending big resources in the draft--and I am glad we did--but our third corner last year was actually very good relatively speaking. Parcells wasn't going to have a team that is weak at corner. And that's probably one of the keys that he left for Jeff Ireland.

Quote:
By the way, does anyone know what the Pacman situation is right now? I'm not sure if I really miss him at all.
I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #177
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
By beating an offensive-struggling Redskins 14-10?
When are the Redskins not struggling on offense?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #178
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Speaking of, Larry Brown had a pretty good insight on the cornerback situation. He said that Orlando Scandrick's very solid play in the slot has opened up things for Newman to be able to play the outside. I knew the Cowboys were going to be better off for the help they got a corner. That third cornerback slot was such a liability last year that I think we made a huge upgrade adding a guy like Scandrick. I'm thinking if we can keep our corners healthy, we might see some huge dividends paid off from this down the stretch.

Yea i heard that. I had no clue Scandrick had been in the slot all season. HE's been damn solid though.

And i'm on the fence about Pac-Man. Before this game I wanted him back for depth. I'm not even sure if I want that headache in the locker room and the headache isn't Pac-Man because honestly I thought he got a tough break with the whole suspension to begin with but just the fact that he's the whole story every single week. I wish he could be like Tank and just be a guy out there playing. His past is just that. The past.

We should hear about Pac-Man this week. Not sure how fast though. I'd like to think if he were to be reinstated we'd hear about it early in the week so we can get him out there practicing. Maybe tommorow? Tuesday?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 11-17-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #179
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's up to Goodell, he's been pretty quiet on the situation.

I wouldn't expect him back any time soon...
Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 AM   #180
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

When Henry is playing, you have issues at CB.

I think Pacman can possibly be reinstated this week. It was a 4 game suspension (minimum).

Now, I'm not necessarily advocating bringing him back.. just saying that you can always use another corner.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:04 AM   #181
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
It's up to Goodell, he's been pretty quiet on the situation.

I wouldn't expect him back any time soon...
Well he has to make a decision this week. The 4 games are up. Pac-Man hasn't made a noise. I don't see any reason to further his suspension. He has to have some reason to extend his 4 game suspension and I can't think of any. Last I heard he was in rehab.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:04 AM   #182
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Wasn't the original sentence 4 games, but maybe longer if Gooddell determined it necessary? That was the fourth game, no?

*Edit - looks like the last couple of posts answered that question.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-17-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #183
BGMaverick9
Guru

Well, I wouldn't be surprised to just have him say he's indefinitely suspended.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #184
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

All the "experts" seem to think that Pac is out for the year. I guess we'll find out shortly.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #185
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

When does felix get back?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #186
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360° View Post
Not soon enough.
I think the word was he didn't practice at all this week.

I think he's still around 2 weeks away, I think they want to play it real safe with him.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #187
Murphy3
Guru

The Cowboys actually seemed to expect that he'd be ready this week. So, this coming game seems to be a real possibility.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 AM   #188
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'd say there is a chance for next weekend, but I think in 2 weeks is probably the safer bet.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #189
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Romo's return seemed to energized the offensive line. I didn't like the penalties but it's been a while since they run and pass blocked this well.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 AM   #190
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
Old 11-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #191
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
All the "experts" seem to think that Pac is out for the year. I guess we'll find out shortly.
You seem to suggest that the Pacman is indeed coming back to the Cowboys, and sooner rather than later. Do you know something we don't know?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #192
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Those Wild Card positions are going to be real interesting in each conference. It'll make a for a great run in the playoffs.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #193
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I see no way in hell the Cowboys don't make the playoffs now. Atlanta effed up major, and so did the Eagles. Both teams lost to lesser talents.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #194
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
You seem to suggest that the Pacman is indeed coming back to the Cowboys, and sooner rather than later. Do you know something we don't know?
No, I don't. I put experts in quotes because these are some of the same people that talked about how the Cowboys would be better off with Brad Johnson for a few games because he wouldn't make the mistakes that Romo was making. They're also the same group that called us the most talented team in football since this summer then wrote us off a couple of weeks ago. I'm just not high on the football media right now.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:03 AM   #195
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I see no way in hell the Cowboys don't make the playoffs now. Atlanta effed up major, and so did the Eagles. Both teams lost to lesser talents.
Well the Cowboys still have a pretty brutal stretch the last 4 games, but they sure did help their cause tonight.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-17-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #196
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
No, I don't. I put experts in quotes because these are some of the same people that talked about how the Cowboys would be better off with Brad Johnson for a few games because he wouldn't make the mistakes that Romo was making. They're also the same group that called us the most talented team in football since this summer then wrote us off a couple of weeks ago. I'm just not high on the football media right now.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you. All I care about, though, is...is Pac-Man coming back or isn't he? I'm sure you have some inside knowledge you could share with us.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #197
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the Cowboys still have a pretty brutal stretch the last 4 games, but they sure did help their cause tonight.
Doesn't it set up perfectly though?

Big Bens arm strength and shoulder are failing fast.

The Giants are getting over confident.

Baltimore has been exposed big time.

And the Eagles were doing a comedy routine for 2.5 quarters today....simply awful.

The remaining schedule will fall for them just where they want. 12-4 is VERY much in play.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #198
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny thing about this...I was listening to Galloway last week...and the media asked Wade how Felix was doing...he said still rehabbing...

Galloway asks Felix in the lockerroom how he is doing...Felix says 100% good to go!

But I didn't see him out there this week...weird.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #199
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Funny thing about this...I was listening to Galloway last week...and the media asked Wade how Felix was doing...he said still rehabbing...

Galloway asks Felix in the lockerroom how he is doing...Felix says 100% good to go!

But I didn't see him out there this week...weird.
No risks.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #200
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

GO BOYS BABYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!