Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #41
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
This has probably already been mentioned but....we haven't beat a WCF playoff team since CHRISTMAS????

Not on the road. We beat the Blazers right before the All Star break
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #42
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

The emergence of Singleton, and the confirmation of Barea and Wright's abilities, and Bass give me hope for the future.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #43
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The emergence of Singleton, and the confirmation of Barea and Wright's abilities, and Bass give me hope for the future.
Yeah if your future says lottery or the dregs of the league. Those 3 guys aren't any better than than what Sac has on their bench. Or Oklahoma City. Or Washington.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #44
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I don't think it is. If it can translate when Jet comes back, it's additional weapons. It's added punch from the bench. We've mainly thought as Bass and Jet as the options for the bench, that's about it. If you can add JJ more consistently and hustle/energy from Singleton, it's going to make a difference.

Singleton is just begging to be a part of the rotation. If we go small he'll take over with Damp, if we stick "traditional" then he can play the 3 behind Josh. There are different ways for him to be on the court and it's looking like he'll be a factor either way. He might be able to score but you sure as heck know he will hustle and be a glue guy if he isn't scoring.

There are going to be off-nights, and people will need to step up, I get that. Isn't it reassuring to some extent that people are showing signs that they can actually do it? If they can show production, you could feel a little safer about going to the bench when you have a lead and need to rest the starters and it won't disappear, or see if they can provide a spark to get you going when things aren't working out.
I just don't think you can rely on guys like Wright, Singleton and Barea. They haven't done this consistently enough for me to rely on them. Its one thing when you dominate the ball like they did tonight. But when JET is back and when Dirk is on those shots don't come in sequence like they did tonight.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Our future bench? Hopefully so we can get JET back in the lineup and get that scoring up front.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 PM   #46
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Barea can still fill the primary backup PG role, that's 10-15 minutes or so. He doesn't take any minutes away and I'd keep it as a non-3 guard lineup as much as I could. Barea could bring a attacking presence to compliment the perimeter shooting with Jet.

Singleton is pretty flexible: you can play him the primary SF backup minutes behind Josh, if you go small you can have Bass, Dirk and Singleton out there, etc. etc. He's not going to take Bass' minutes away, he's not going to take that much of Wright's minutes away either. There are minutes to be had with Damp's spot...he's not playing a full 48, you're luck if you get to 25 mpg with Damp.

Tonight wasn't a good balance of the minutes between Bass and Singleton...but I think Carlisle could figure it out if he knew that's the plan he has to roll with.

I know the sample size isn't enough to really be sold on Singleton, Wright, JJ...but they're definitely heading in the right direction for that. Tonight against a tough D, they left a mark...you're going to need that if your guys are struggling. I agree that it won't be the same when Dirk and Jet are going, but you at least know they can bring something to the table now.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-24-2009 at 11:59 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #47
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Wait... isn't Jason Kidd supposed to make Dirk motivated? I really, truly, hate our front office. Not because of the Kidd trade, not because of all the flawed logic they have constructed this team with, not because they passed on the one chance they had to make the Mavericks respectable again (the Clippers trade).... but because now, it is almost an absolute certainty that Dirk will never win a ring in Dallas. The greatest thing this franchise could do for him is trade him somewhere that can; and the greatest thing he can do for this franchise is ask for a trade, because our front office is too stupid and sentimental to realize it's the right business move.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #48
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
This has probably already been mentioned but....we haven't beat a WCF playoff team since CHRISTMAS????
We beat Utah at home and Portland at home since then.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Not one Maverick tonight had a positive +/-.

How do you not show up versus SA who didn't have Manu or Duncan?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #50
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This was just....it was just shockingly bad. Hours later I am still shocked at how bad it was. No Duncan, No Ginobili... just awful.

Pop should be inducted into the HOF tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #51
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. I'd do that Clippers trade.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #52
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

le sigh
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #53
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
This was just....it was just shockingly bad. Hours later I am still shocked at how bad it was. No Duncan, No Ginobili... just awful.

Pop should be inducted into the HOF tomorrow.
I was really concerned about it when I heard about no Duncan. Dallas probably had to have some idea of adjustments to make, but they didn't truly know until they hit the ground running.

Parker got off to an amazing start. Dampier set the level of big men in the post back a few years with his short run tonight.
The Spurs did a great job of sealing the paint and making things incredibly difficult for Dirk.

Once Damp was gone, it didn't feel like anyone really had a "set" person to guard, and it had everyone lost and trying to figure it out on the fly. I knew Bonner and KT were going to cause problems because they're more perimeter based on offense. It looked like Dallas was ready to let Parker loose and stop everyone else but it never got close to that at all.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #54
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The emergence of a bench is one positive to try to take away from this nasty stretch. If they can hold this course when Jet is back, that's going to help us out.
You have to be really careful judging anybody in games like these last few.

Even when the Mavs completely sucked like they did tonight - they're still going to score close to 80 points. And if Dirk's not scoring, then somebody else has to.

There's a big difference between guys who can put up numbers when others are hurt and/or the team is playing like crap and guys who can fill a role when the team is at full strength and they have to completely let the game come to them. I.E. guys like Ricky Davis and Beno Udrih are the types of players that can put up numbers if given the minutes on bad teams - but neither could fill a rotation slot on a contender (Beno's rookie year with San Antonio notwithstanding).
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #55
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I'm upset but Singleton makes me very happy. The dude is really energetic I love it and he can play 4 different positions. Although I think he is a bit too bulky and slow for the 2 spot I think he fits perfectly with the 4 and 5 (small ball)...and he has a funny shot.

I don't really know what to think especially with all the inconsistency it makes me wonder if we can even get out of the 1st round but I try not to think so much and just let the rest of the season roll by and see what's in store for us in the future. I just wish someone (part of the Mavericks staff) would just make a public announcement saying it will be "ok" but now I see myself in a gambling state whenever I'm about to purchase a ticket and say to myself "Who are we playing, can we win, will we win" when really I should just go out and there support my team but I can't. Money isn't easy for me and when I look at the schedule I never thought twice about going but now I'm not even sure if I can afford next season Cowboys tickets. I could but I'm looking for cheap seats.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #56
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else think Carlisle isn't that good of a coach?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 AM   #57
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
Anyone else think Carlisle isn't that good of a coach?
I'm going the other way - I think both Carlisle and Avery are good coaches, but only if you assemble a team made up of "their guys" (no different than most coaches - neither have gotten a fair shake in that regard...)

I'm blaming Donnie & Cuban here... Dirk is a special type of athlete who needs to be surrounded by different complimentary players than most 7-footers and I don't think the FO has EVER built the right kind of team around him (imagine if the Uber Man ever had a legit low post presence to play with...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #58
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what I miss?

I miss Bass putting up points for us. Yes, Singleton was playing well and Dirk is our all-star, but Bass got only 12 minutes last night. For someone who is considered to be an extremely offensive-geared player, and who only plays decent defense, why hasn't he got more time with our offense floundering?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
You know what I miss?

I miss Bass putting up points for us. Yes, Singleton was playing well and Dirk is our all-star, but Bass got only 12 minutes last night. For someone who is considered to be an extremely offensive-geared player, and who only plays decent defense, why hasn't he got more time with our offense floundering?
Because he plays back-up to our superstar...

(I love Bass, but I'm in favor of trading him for someone we can actually use...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #60
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Unless we get on an incredible run, the streak of 50 win seasons is coming to an end. March is a tough month.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #61
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Very disappointing game but I agree with underdog. Carlisle hasn't had a chance to put his players around him. Also, imagine if Dirk had a big man to draw a double then kick out to him for a 15 ft shot. He would score almost 30 a game. This team needs a change. I think the players though something was coming at the deadline and are now trying to just get their heads back into this season. 82 games is a grind. It still think we get on a nice run and make the playoffs with a 6-7 seed which is where I would want us to be. Houston Portland can fight it out for 4-5 to see who plays the bandsaw that will be the lakers in the playoffs.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #62
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Even if we managed to land the 7th or 8th spot, we will face either the Spurs or the Lakers in the playoffs, any chance beating them?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #63
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was really concerned about it when I heard about no Duncan. Dallas probably had to have some idea of adjustments to make, but they didn't truly know until they hit the ground running.

Parker got off to an amazing start. Dampier set the level of big men in the post back a few years with his short run tonight.
The Spurs did a great job of sealing the paint and making things incredibly difficult for Dirk.

Once Damp was gone, it didn't feel like anyone really had a "set" person to guard, and it had everyone lost and trying to figure it out on the fly. I knew Bonner and KT were going to cause problems because they're more perimeter based on offense. It looked like Dallas was ready to let Parker loose and stop everyone else but it never got close to that at all.

Why let Parker their main guy who can really create his own shot get loose on ya? Pop decided to try and keep Dirk from scoring and we should have done the same on Parker. Seems like a pretty simple and basic gameplan. You take our main guy out with doubles and were gonna do the same to you. The problem is parker is much harder to guard and double than Dirk.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #64
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I don't like Damp (I'm one of his biggest haters on here)...not to play him and make them play our game is puzzling. Was this not a similar issue in the GS series? I'd rather play him at least twenty minutes before giving up because once he goes out, the lane is wide open. Giving Kidd and Barea's defense last night, gotta have a shot blocker in there of some sort.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #65
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

The night was worth it for me. I had half court courtside seats courtesy of a friend who's parents are in tight with the Spurs organization.

Highlight was during the shootaround. I was wearing my JJB jersey, and I finally got his attention right before tip off. He went over to Dirk and motioned and said something to the extent of "That guy has my jersey on!" Him and Dirk looked over and waved and laughed, followed shortly by a wave from Cubes. Awesome.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #66
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
The night was worth it for me. I had half court courtside seats courtesy of a friend who's parents are in tight with the Spurs organization.

Highlight was during the shootaround. I was wearing my JJB jersey, and I finally got his attention right before tip off. He went over to Dirk and motioned and said something to the extent of "That guy has my jersey on!" Him and Dirk looked over and waved and laughed, followed shortly by a wave from Cubes. Awesome.
lol. Cuban, too? too bad Barea sucks.

Alright. I'm a little harsh. I think that in 2 years, he'll gain a lot of basketball IQ, know when he can take shots and when he just shouldn't shoot, and be a decent backup PG. I wish he could grow 3 more inches, though.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #67
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

We could just give Barea steroids.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #68
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

we suck, i mean without duncan and ginobili?
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #69
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Quote:

It's so cool because with players like JJ they cherish every moment they have on the court because they were blessed to be in the NBA. They work hard and most of those type of players are all down to earth non ego people and I'm pretty sure they are really cool to hang out with too. I bet JJ didn't even know he had distributed merchandise of himself because I have a JJ t shirt too
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #70
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh...what does it say when Tony Parker beats both the mavs and the trailblazers on back-to-back nights without duncan/manu??

I'm thinking that what it says is that if you don't have a premier scoring point guard you are screwed.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #71
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sheesh...what does it say when Tony Parker beats both the mavs and the trailblazers on back-to-back nights without duncan/manu??

I'm thinking that what it says is that if you don't have a premier scoring point guard you are screwed.
I think it says that Tony Parker is playing some out of his mind basketball right now.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #72
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think it says that Tony Parker is playing some out of his mind basketball right now.
Or it could mean the Blazers and Mavs don't have perimeter defense worth a damn. Parker's a beast though. I'd say he's a top 3 point guard in this league and i'm not sure where i'd put him as far as order goes with Paul and Deron Williams. Parker's the one with the multiple rings however.

Tags
we aren't the champions, we win super balls now?