Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-28-2002, 06:17 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Mavericks place F Popeye Jones on injured list
October 28, 2002

DALLAS (Ticker) - The Dallas Mavericks placed forward Popeye Jones on the injured list on Monday as they set their 12-man roster before the 6 p.m. EST deadline.

Jones, a free agent whom the Mavericks acquired on September 20, has been suffering from back spasms.

Also placed on the injured list were swingman Tariq Abdul-Wahad (left knee injury) and guard Adam Harrington (left knee tendinitis).

Jones, 32, played last season for the Washington Wizards, averaging 7.0 points and 7.3 rebounds in 79 games, including 40 starts. He was signed by the Mavericks after they were spurned by Rashard Lewis of the Seattle SuperSonics.

The burly 6-8 Jones was a 1992 second-round pick of Houston whose rights were traded to Dallas. He played for the Mavs from 1993-96, averaging a double-double in his second and third seasons.

Jones still holds the team record for rebounds in a game with 28 on January 9, 1996. He also has played for Toronto and Denver and has averages of 7.3 points and 7.8 rebounds in 504 career games.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone know what the record of rebounds are? I just cant see anyone rebounding over 28 let alone 28 itself. I do have a strong feeling that if that isn't the record then Wilt must have it because I also cant see a guy scoring 100 in a game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Does anyone know what the record of rebounds are? I just cant see anyone rebounding over 28 let alone 28 itself. I do have a strong feeling that if that isn't the record then Wilt must have it because I also cant see a guy scoring 100 in a game. >>

Chamberlain *averaged* 27.2 rebounds per game in the 60-61 season. And yes, he holds the record with 55 rebounds in a single game. For his career he averaged 22.9 rpg.

And btw, Bill Russell had 32 rebounds in a single half one time.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

beat me to it Hoops....well done.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:07 AM   #5
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

<< and guard Adam Harrington (left knee tendinitis).

>>

Sure, hate that &quot;tendinitis&quot;
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 11:13 AM   #6
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road

Is Popeye Jones gonna be the Hot Rod Williams for us this year?

I like the guy, but i'd like the guy better in his uniform playing.