Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #281
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
You gotta be happy about going 2-1 this road trip. I just hate that the 1 loss came to the Warriors. Now we have to face the Lakers.
2-2 is about what I hoped for, so I'm good.

Losing to the Warriors is borderline pathetic though. But this is also the same team that was thrashed by the Thunder without Durant, so... you never really know what you're going to get from this team game in, game out.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #282
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Well the Portland game means nothing no
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #283
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

"monta" looks like something his illiterate mother made up on the spot.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #284
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

I couldn`t see the game, only boxscore. Why took Dirk only one shot in the last five minutes? Was he double teamed all the time?

Last edited by odb 7777; 03-13-2009 at 11:58 PM.
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #285
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersquad View Post
Well the Portland game means nothing no
Bit of an overreaction.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #286
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I thought when Biedrins went out we'd have a field day in the paint. Turiaf looks like Mutombo in his prime.
Turiaf is underraterd imo. He lacks size but his timing is incredible. Not only blocks shots but alters a lot of them as well. Smart defensive player too.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #287
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Turiaf is a lot better defender than Biedrins. It would have been to the Mavs advantage had Biedrins play.

The Mavs just didn't give any effort defensively til the 3rd quarter, and by then it was too late. They still feel like they are good enough to just turn the switch on. Had they started out aggressively defensively they could have gotten a lead and then could have played the back and forth. Instead they got behind and played the back and forth game.

Frustrating as hell.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #288
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

What a waste of a triple double from Kidd.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #289
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

damn it damn it damn it. after two grueling games, didn't expect to pull this one out, but just still HATE seein the number increase in the L column.

Kidd was incredible, another triple double to add to his millions. and dirk seemed pretty good, but didnt watch end of game.

i REALLY hope this means we can turn it around and beat the lakers, but i been doubtful about that game for a while. and of course blazers, rockets, and hornets all won tonight. UGHHHH

goodnight ya'll, lets regroup and restart a winning streak...

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #290
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
Turiaf is underraterd imo. He lacks size but his timing is incredible. Not only blocks shots but alters a lot of them as well. Smart defensive player too.
Yea I remember when he was a Laker I didn't think much of him defensively. And his size was part of that. I always thought he was a good man to man defender but not this good off the ball. I think I heard he's 4th in the league in blocked shots on the radio? Maybe I didn't hear them right. That shocked me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Turiaf is a lot better defender than Biedrins. It would have been to the Mavs advantage had Biedrins play.

The Mavs just didn't give any effort defensively til the 3rd quarter, and by then it was too late. They still feel like they are good enough to just turn the switch on. Had they started out aggressively defensively they could have gotten a lead and then could have played the back and forth. Instead they got behind and played the back and forth game.

Frustrating as hell.
I don't think it makes a difference between Turiaf and Biedrins defensively. I think Biedrins is a lot longer and he's a better rebounder. As far as the better shot blocker you can go either way. Going into the game though I would've love to have had Biedrins out. If this is how Turiaf plays every game then they got a steal in the offseason. I thought they overpaid.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #291
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
2-2 is about what I hoped for, so I'm good.

Losing to the Warriors is borderline pathetic though. But this is also the same team that was thrashed by the Thunder without Durant, so... you never really know what you're going to get from this team game in, game out.
Yea 2-2 is what I hoped for to. But does your record change if you knew the the Mavs would beat the Suns and Blazers? Damn I hate losing this one. Time to go against LA though. Hopefully this game is behind them as I type and they're focused on LA because they still can move up in the standings with a win against LA. Even with a loss they can but it would be a lot of praying going on.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 AM   #292
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Wright does not know how to finish at the rim.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #293
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
"monta" looks like something his illiterate mother made up on the spot.
lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #294
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Wright does not know how to finish at the rim.
Dunking? Yes. I remember back to the other time he tried to monster dunk it. Hit it off the backboard and it bounced out...

He needs lessons for Gerald. Wright isn't a pure dunker or anything, but he should be decent.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #295
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

He does not even know how to lay it up. What happened to him? Did he have a secret microfracture? He has no explosion anymore.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags