Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #361
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Not so fast....the trades will be announced for the next hour or so as they filter through the league office. Barajas may have been dealt and we dont know it yet.
That's true, stuff could still filter down I guess.

Man I'm ready to see Laird catch every day.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2006, 03:20 PM   #362
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Man I'm ready to see Laird catch every day.
Meeeeeeeee too.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #363
theunheardxvoice

theunheardxvoice is on a distinguished road

can any of you guys help me out? im trying to figure out exactly who all is going to be a FA on our team after this season.

i believe

matthews jr, barajas, eaton, padilla, lee and derosa are all FAs. do you guys know of anyone else?
theunheardxvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #364
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

MLB has told ESPN that two large trades made it in under the wire and they are evaluating them. Who knows?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:24 PM   #365
Drbio
Banned

One trade just announced....Maddux to the Dodgers for Cesar Izturis (SS). wow.

Last edited by Drbio; 07-31-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:24 PM   #366
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunheardxvoice
can any of you guys help me out? im trying to figure out exactly who all is going to be a FA on our team after this season.

i believe

matthews jr, barajas, eaton, padilla, lee and derosa are all FAs. do you guys know of anyone else?
Kip Wells is a new one. I'd have to think Hairston Jr. is.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-31-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #367
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

The Pirates also gave away Craig Wilson for Shawn Chacon. What an awful day for Pirates' fans.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-31-2006, 03:27 PM   #368
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Lugo to the Dodgers. Think that's the last two that snuck in Doc?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #369
Drbio
Banned

Probably. The Dodgers turned Izturis and minors into Lugo and Greg Maddux. Nice.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #370
Drbio
Banned

Odalis Perez (Mets) to the Padres for Linebrink.

Last edited by Drbio; 07-31-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #371
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I dunno, I like the Cubs end of the Maddux deal. Maddux has been pretty average this year. It's probably good for both, LA really has no more use for Izturis.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-31-2006, 03:35 PM   #372
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Odalis Perez (Mets) to the Padres for Linebrink.
I think you mean Oliver.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-31-2006, 03:59 PM   #373
Drbio
Banned

You are correct. I can't believe Perez was all it took to get Linebrink.

Last edited by Drbio; 07-31-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #374
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Stairs and Some skinny kid from the Pirates for minor leaguers I've never heard of...

anyone got the goods???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:09 PM   #375
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Matt Stairs is a quality bat against righties. I would imagine he's your DH against right handed starters.

Kip Wells is about a league average pitcher, eats some innings. I would imagine he takes Rheinekers spot in the rotation. He's been pretty solid over the past month, but there's always a difficult adjustment coming from the N.L, and to our ballpark.

The kids we gave up were essentially inconsequential. Probably barely in our top 50 prospects list.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-31-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:19 PM   #376
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The wells trade was a great trade. The guys got a mid nineties fast ball and is still relatively young. 2 years ago we were talking about trading Mench for him when mench was a hotter commodity. An arm like that for nothing is always a good trade. I wish we could have swiped oliver perez somehow. I know he has sucked for 2 years now but he still has a good arm as well.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #377
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

The kids we gave up were essentially inconsequential. Probably barely in our top 50 prospects list.
I figured as much...well to see JD doing his thing...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #378
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I'm sensing that the Rangers are about to go on a two-month tear to win the West.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:06 PM   #379
Drbio
Banned

And Rhino sucks the all the excitement out of trade day. Ouch. We are down 0-8 in the second inning. Not much of a tear eh?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:52 PM   #380
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

What a very disappointing evening! Ugh!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #381
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Our pitching sucks! So does our offense!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #382
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Like I said....the Rangers are toast. And if they aren't toast...they're just pathetic.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #383
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cruz with the tater! The future is NOW!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 PM   #384
sike
The Preacha

man they were bad in the first several innings tonight...just painful to watch...

Old 07-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #385
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Cruz with the tater! The future is NOW!
That was pretty nice...as was Tex finally getting a home run when it mattered most.

Last edited by ocelot_ark; 07-31-2006 at 10:21 PM.
ocelot_ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 PM   #386
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Goodness. Please put Rheinecker out of his misery. Kip Wells is in, Wasdin DFA-ed. I enjoyed the shots of Stairs looking awkward in the dugout.

I really like the moves at the deadline this year. Hopefully they aren't additions to a sinking ship...
Old 07-31-2006, 11:01 PM   #387
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
And Rhino sucks the all the excitement out of trade day. Ouch. We are down 0-8 in the second inning. Not much of a tear eh?

I guess I reversed the curse, or somesuch. : )
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 PM   #388
sike
The Preacha

yeah...with Eaton and Wells now coming in, this should be Rhinos last hurarh...or at least lets hope so...he has be dreadful for a while now...

Old 07-31-2006, 11:03 PM   #389
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
That was pretty nice...as was Tex finally getting a home run when it mattered most.
good line.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #390
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

rhino wasn't as bad as it looked, he had no help behind him tonight. The 1st 5 runs should have never happened.
But he does need to go back down
Old 08-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #391
sike
The Preacha

he WAS bad though.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #392
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
rhino wasn't as bad as it looked, he had no help behind him tonight. The 1st 5 runs should have never happened.
But he does need to go back down
*giggle*

Sounds like John Kerry. My first five votes shouldn't of happened until they did.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #393
BRIAN27

BRIAN27 is on a distinguished road

per newberg, rhino was sent down today, and scott feldman was recalled.
BRIAN27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #394
BRIAN27

BRIAN27 is on a distinguished road

7-0 rangers in the 4th. GMJ hit a upper-deck grand slam. 426ft
BRIAN27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #395
Drbio
Banned

Great win tonight. Total team affort and Eaton looked like a dadgum STUD!!!!

The GMJ blast was huuuuuuuge. Half way up the upper deck in Minny is a long way back.

JHJ and Cruz made great ninth inning catches.

Great win.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #396
sike
The Preacha

Eaton looked good...one outing at a time...

Old 08-02-2006, 01:29 AM   #397
chumdawg
Guru

I cut Eaton last week, and GMJ was on my bench tonight. I'm not a happy camper.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #398
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man what a bomb that was by GMJ. I loved watching him try to keep a straight face as he got into the dug out, and then he cracked a huge grin for just a split second. Very funny.

I will say this. I see the "stuff" people always mention with Eaton. He was really good last night, especially considering he's still rehabbing. I still think it was a dumb trade, but an Eaton pitching like that the rest of the way could really, really help things.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-02-2006, 09:03 AM   #399
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Eaton WAS great yesterday...but has he always been so wild?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #400
sike
The Preacha

Carlos Lee with a double and a walk....I really like watching this guy at the plate...

how has cruz looked so far????