Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #361
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
The only question mark is who takes over the net when Turco is done? (He's already 32!)
I thought 31?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #362
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

Man it has been a tough few weeks for my girlfriend first the mavs deal her favorite in devin harris and now the stars deal the love of her life in big smitty! I have been trying to talk her off the ledge all morning. If we don't win a cup she said she is jumping. Great deal though. We have to be a cup frontrunner after this trade. I had a hunch it was going to be jokinen and halpern on the way out.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #363
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is also sour on this deal.

She said (regarding Jussi) "What about the shootouts?"

To which I replied "There aren't any shootouts in the playoffs, honey."
Old 02-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #364
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
My wife is also sour on this deal.

She said (regarding Jussi) "What about the shootouts?"

To which I replied "There aren't any shootouts in the playoffs, honey."

Then she said, "But what our romance?!"

To which I replied "You'll just have to think of, honey."
she is a huge stars fan.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #365
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Boy they're really just mailing it in tonight.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #366
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Nice, they managed to win. I was pretty sure they'd be such a daze over 3 reportedly pretty popular guys in their room leaving, this thing would just be one of those giveaway games. But they've gotten pretty good at coming out horrible & still managing to pull it out in the third.

Richards (& Holmqvist) will skate w/them tomorrow & play Thursday. Just heard an interview w/Richards saying Dallas was pretty much the only team he would have agreed to waive the NTC for. I'm upset we don't have any more national games this year...I'm probably not get to see him for a full game until the playoffs.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #367
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow. That was great.

They played like dog doo in the first 2, but Marty wouldn't let them quit.

And then they turned it on in the 3rd. Awesome.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #368
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I'm upset we don't have any more national games this year...I'm probably not get to see him for a full game until the playoffs.
Sorry ames. They're pretty fun to watch right now. They're in the habit of winning. It's a good habit.

Ribs was great in the 3rd. He finally got it going on. It's like Razor always says with that guy: "Stopping him is like trying to nail jelly to a tree" lol.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #369
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

great win by way of an awesome third, turco made the game. It has to be pretty exciting if u are a stars fan to see erikson playing so well lately. That line is damn near unstopable. Our penalty kill is ridiculous. I kept telling my buddy tonight I am never scared if we go on the kill because goals are few and far between. I really feel this team is up to something special. I believe turco can will them through games when the offense is not clicking.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #370
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Remaining schedule:

Chicago
Nashville
Phoenix
@Colorado
Colorado (back to back)
@Detroit
Vancouver
Anaheim
Los Angeles
@SJ
@L.A
@Anaheim (back to back)
@Phoenix
Phoenix(back to back)
SanJose

That is a stout schedule. After Chicago, those could all be playoff teams besides the Kings, The Avs need points badly...the Coyotes need points badly. Sharks twice....Ducks twice....geez.

There's a lot of potential bad blood here, and some teams will be playing with desperation.

Welcome to the Pacific division Brad Richards....
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #371
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

If it weren't the beginning of the Brad Richards era in Dallas, I would seriously consider skipping the game tonight in order to be with my HDTV, LOST, and the Mavericks/Spurs.... but alas...I will be at the AAC critiquing line combinations.

Being a season ticket holder is hard sometimes
Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #372
BigD

BigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these partsBigD is infamous around these parts

I'm going to the game tonight against Chicago. I'm looking forward to seeing the new face in town. I hear he might be able to really help our team.

Dallas Cowboys Fans visit www.cowboyscentral.com
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #373
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Okay, so pissed about the Mavs losing one of the few games I actually get to see, I go check Brad Richards' Stars debut... um, this is RIDICULOUS. FIVE assists for Richards w/about a minute left. Nik Hagman has a hat trick.

HullJack for NHL Execs of the Year.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #374
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Immediate feedback from the AAC tonight:

Marty....dude....wtf was that?

Now that the unpleasantries are out of the way:

Brad Richards > Jason Kidd? Yeah. I went there.

Here's the bottom line, he's not going to do this every night. But now you've seen what's possible, and baby, it is GREAT!

Successful playoff teams have something in common: Good goaltending, and scoring from multiple lines.

So we roll Ribs, Morrow, and Loui at you. Ok....had enough of that? Because here come Richards and Hagman to get your ass. When you're done with that, we have the best American, and the best Finn ever to lace them up coming for you, and watch out for Otter bc he might dent your cheek bone a little. Sorry about that.

We have depth right now. Can they keep it rolling into the playoffs? I have no idea. They were sloppy tonight, and it's a good thing they scored 7.

The potential is sky high. They have to execute, and they have to play better defense. Can they beat the Ducks and Wings when they're at the top of their stupid commie and southern CA ways respectively? I don't know. But it's going to be fun to find out.

And did Morrow beat that guys ASS at the end of the game or what? I hope they put that in the dallasstars.com higlights for you ames, bc he just beat the ever living snott out of this guy at the end of the game. It was great.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #375
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Immediate feedback from the AAC tonight:

Marty....dude....wtf was that?

Now that the unpleasantries are out of the way:

Brad Richards > Jason Kidd? Yeah. I went there.
Brad Richards doesn't get pulled at the end of games.

Stars are looking good.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM   #376
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Thank you Dallas Stars, for saving me during the basketball season. I was having the best time last night...7 goals? That's ridiculous.

The Mavericks are killing my soul, but the Stars are doing their best to keep my sports heart beating.....until they kill me with their usual first round antics.

My dad and I were talking about this at the game last night: People are talking about how the Stars are Cup contenders now. Really? I am still of the mentality that if they make it out of the first round, I will be completely happy and satisfied. And you guys can quote me on that one. I'm serious.

The playoff seeds will be decided in 37 days. I hope they can stay focused. This trade may be useful in that aspect, because I am already starting to let my mind wander. Who will it be? Calgary? Nashville? or more likely, Colorado or Vancouver?

These two games coming up against the Avs are important. Almost as important as the Sharks and Ducks games coming up. I'm sensing a 2nd round opponent from the Pacific, if we get that far.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #377
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that Turco attempt to handle the puck late in the game. At first I thought he wouldn't even get back in front of the net in time. (Yes, I am hiding out here for a bit... )

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #378
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah Turco sucked last night, especially in the 3rd. I think I can give him a pass though. He wasn't getting much work, and the flow of the game in the 3rd was disrupted so badly because of all the penalties, fights, and goals. And when you're up 5-1 and the new guy is making the building crazy, and Hagman has a hat trick....I don't know how he could concentrate like that.

But he better get his S together. We're not gonna score 7 every night. Usually the hockey gods will hit you back with a nice 1 goal performance the next game.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #379
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, I saw a replay of the fight. Our guy went to town on the back of their guy's head. I think the shots favored our guy like 10-1.

EDIT: I think my problem with hockey are the skates... I don't like sharp blades and that incident earlier this year has totally scared me away from watching extended amounts of hockey.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 02-29-2008 at 11:54 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #380
ames7
Diamond Member

If you didn't get to see Morrow's fight, it's up at hockeyfights.com:
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/41897

It was a great one, too. One of the best we've seen in a while from the Stars. Morrow hasn't been fighting nearly as much since he got the C since it's really not good for the Stars for him to sit for 5 minutes, but whenever he does fight, it just gets me fired up. It's always standing up for one of our skill guys. I love it.

The full highlights of the game are up at dallasstars.com...man, is Richards smooth w/the puck. And I loved Razor's line... "I think Richards is Hagman's new BFF."
Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #381
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

im going to the wednesday the nineteenth game against the ducks
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #382
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sharks won....Ducks winning.

Can someone please stop them????
Old 03-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #383
wesbrynt

well if you play defense like dallas did tonight than you had better score 7 goals. Just a terrible effort on our part in front of turco. Can't wait to have nisky back in the lineup to shore up the blueline. Does it seem like dan ellis has our number or what! Hopefully we can come up with some more energy and a better effort against phoenix. By the way is there a worse group of puck handling, passing, and scoring wingers than brad winchester and krys barch? Those dudes have the biggest bag of nothing on the planet.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #384
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I didn't make it out for the game last night, but what I saw was a team that was just waiting around for someone to make a play. I think the assist orgy the other night may have led some people to assume that Brad Richards is shouldering the load now...

Not so folks.

Every horse pulling in the same direction. It's still what wins. Don't stop because of a trade.

I'm praying nightly we make it to the 2nd round. Come on boys.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #385
wesbrynt

I think we will see the defense tightened up come wednesday against phoenix. I also see turco being quite stingy maybe only allowing 1 or none. Go Stars Go.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #386
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sharks and Ducks keep winning

I hate this division. I am thinking that with the games in hand...it will be tough for Dallas to hold onto the 2 seed. If we end up 4 or 5....would you rather play the Ducks or the Sharks? Tough call. Give me the Sharks.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #387
wesbrynt

sharks for sure. They only have one line that gives us fits duck can roll 2 or 3 tough ones out on us.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #388
ames7
Diamond Member

I find it really hard to be scared of the Sharks, but we've had a pretty good year H2H against the Quack Attack I think. You know who we've sucked against this year that still has a good shot of creeping into the 7 spot if we manage to stay in 2? The Preds. But then, they'd be awfully satisfying to beat in the playoffs.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #389
wesbrynt

just scored some tickets to tomorrow nights game! Thank you girlfriends cousin. Can't wait to see the whiny smug smirk on gretzkys face when we hang half a dozen on those bitch ass yotes. Please don't play winchester tipp!!! I can't stand seeing him get the puck wide open in front of the net and he can't even get a shot on freaking goal. The dude sucks
Old 03-04-2008, 11:49 PM   #390
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah but he like to play those kinds of guys agains the coyotes for some reason. He played Fedoruk against them every chance he got before we dumped him....It's either winchester...or...

Well...

10 63 21
29 9 26
15 91 20
39 14 13

Yeah I guess it's between ludqvist and Winchester on that rotating scratch now isn't it? Give me lundqvist...he was so great last year at this time. He was with Barnes then....maybe they can find it again, but I doubt it.

The Coyotes always play us tough. Should be a good one as long as Bryzgalov doesn't screw us over again.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #391
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I need a win tonight. The Mavericks are depressing the hell out of me, as they are doomed.

We have two all stars with bruised elbows and the flu. I hope Marty brings his big boy pants tonight.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #392
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well that was about the most piss poor effort I've ever seen on home ice.

The Coyotes play that defensive game so well. They out-Dallas-Starred us.

And that rookie center we played tonight for the first time looked like the best guy on our team.

Attention Stars: stop reading your press clippings. You're not as good as TSN or whoever thinks you are.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 AM   #393
ames7
Diamond Member

This is a really, really bad time to have a slump. Snap out of it. Do you think the Ducks & Sharkies are just going to wait around until you get your act together? I am going to be really annoyed if we lose the division b/c we can't get up for the freaking Coyotes.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #394
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Or the Predators....or allow a bunch of 3rd period goals to the Blackhawks just bc we were up by 5 already...

The signs have been there for a while. And now they have a back to back against the "borne again" Avalanche on Saturday/Sunday, and the Wings next week.

They need to get their S together. They have a ton of time off now between every game it seems like, they can't be sitting around thinking about losses all week. It does not bode well.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-06-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #395
wesbrynt

I am confident of a home and home sweep of the avlanche. They are missing key components and I am sorry but I think peter foresberg to the avlanche is the equivelent of shaq to phoenix. Just a big name past his prime. Come on boys pull it together and win one for the flacolacoer!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #396
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Boucher out with separated shoulder...3 weeks.

Geez. We're pretty thin now until he or Zubie get back. Good luck kids.

Someone over at the u-boards was suggesting that these kids are not conditioned to play 82 game seasons, and that most of them have played only 60 games or in recent years being shuffled back and forth from NHL to AHL, and whatnot. I guess we'll find out.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #397
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The Sharks refuse to lose

I'm thinking We're playing Anaheim in the first round....if we don't slip to 6. Which might be better for us actually.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #398
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Never mind...might be sliding further down than that.

7th or 8 seed by the looks of it.

They just look like they don't care. They look like the Mavericks.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #399
wesbrynt

easy flaco, Don't lose faith in our boys yet. Just a rough stretch. We will snap out with a win tom. night. Boucher is a spare so Im not worried about him if we could just not take dumb penaltys we win today. Need to step up the intensity level and turn some of those posts and crossbars into goals.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #400
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

The Stars really need to learn how to play in all 3 periods. They look lackluster in every last period in the past 3 games. Time to break this bad streak tonight... please...
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote