Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #361
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I have to make a public apology.

For the last 3 or 4 years, I said we could never win with Dirk because he wasn't a Super Star.
I realized this year, he was a Super Star, but I just thought we needed a Robin to get it done, and low-and-behold, we did have a Robin. The rest of the team were our Robin.

Congratulations to Dirk, you are my hero, congrats to this board thanks for allowing us to release our happiness and anger, and thanks to the Mavs.

Last edited by mavsjunkie; 06-13-2011 at 10:04 AM.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #362
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Unreal. So happy for the guys, and for us, fans. All the storylines, the 2006 finals, Dirk, Kidd, Jet, Shawn, Tyson, Peja, Rick... Really like a hollywood movie as some of you said, and frankly, we wouldn't have it any other way. No sport success will feel even remotely the same to me as a fan, in my life. I'm sure of it. As far as being a fan goes, it's the best feeling we'll ever feel! Embrace it. Go Mavs! I'm happy for all you guys, that's hands down the best Mavs forum on the internetz, happy to be here. Thanks for the boys, and every, i mean every person in the organization! Champions!

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 06-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #363
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I am so happy. I've spent the first half of my workday just reading this forum, publishing my fandom on the Internet, watching videos, staring at pictures and reminiscing over all the years.

It's been almost 17 years since a team of mine has won a championship. That's almost two thirds of my life. Back then, I followed sports like it was a religion. The athletes were gods and the media was the pastor (this is good, this is bad). I wanted to throw spirals 40 yards down field. I wanted to rain 3s 10 in a row. I wanted to throw a ball 100 mph. I put them on my walls. I kept notes. I memorized their numbers. Hero ball? I had hero worship. My actions in life came from what I learned from the quotes of my heros. My decisions influenced by what I saw on the field and on the court. My personality shaped by this religion of mine.

Well now... 10, 15, 17 years later. Bills, money, college, career, friendships, girls and relationships have passed through or are now the focus of my life. I don't worship anybody anymore. My walls don't have pictures of anybody I don't know personally. I know sports is really a diversion, even with its firm and practical lessons. You can't take the ups of a game too seriously and you can't take the downs of a game too seriously.

But tonight, I got some of my childhood back. Like Dirk and Kidd, I learned you can still learn when you're older. I learned good things DO happen. I learned that 13 years is a long time but it's not that long as long as the right thing happens. I learned belief is hard to earn but quick to leave. I learned winning isn't everything and is only deeply satisfying if you do it in a certain way. I love sports. I love basketball. I love the Mavericks. I love the fans - especially the ones who are alone in their devotion in where they live.

5 years ago, I graduated from college, joined the real world and the Mavericks lost in the Finals. Now I'm leaving for my second job and moving around the world, the Mavericks are back in the Finals. Is it strange that I believe how I will do at my next phase in life is somewhat connected to the Mavericks being in the Finals? Is it strange that the timing is so together?? What will happen in five years??

Life just is a funny thing. I'm in awe.
!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #364
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Actual text conversation at 7:15 this morning...

This comes on the heels of me getting a huge promotion and 20% raise last Friday - I wanted to mention my ridiculous luck on this board, but I didn't want to jinx anything.

I'm the kid who just got a Red Rider BB Gun for Christmas...
That's awesome! Mavericks fans - flying high!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #365
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

This is just the most satisfying unbelievable sporting event I've witnessed. I can't believe it. No team deserved it more than us this year and I'm so glad that we beat Miami for the ship. I can't stand the reality and celebrity bs of some of these players. All we do is go out there and ball hard. People say it aint pretty, but the truth is the Mavs style of basketball is the most entertaining best style of basketball you can possibly watch. So much heart and passion for winning. Everybody is accountable and everybody is expected to play well when they are on the floor. We trust every single player and every single player is confident taking any shot at any moment. Every single player just loves playing this style and when we gel like we did this year it's just incredible.

I'd take this over any high flying alley oops and reverse dunks.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #366
SeattleLives

SeattleLives is on a distinguished road

Congrats guys! You earned it! Straight from a still ailing Seattle fan, Dallas really became my team this year. They played basketball the way it was meant to be played, as a team, they took out my personal two most hated teams in OKC and Miami, and they did it with class and grit and unselfishness. First finals in years that had me glued to the TV, and it's entirely thanks to the Mavs' play. Believe me, it takes a lot nowadays to get a Seattleite to follow anything NBA closely, so that is no small feat. You are the champs and you deserve it!
SeattleLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #367
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #368
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't think I'd ever see it, but WOW....just WOW.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #369
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is Dirks F-ing statue going to be, and when does it need to be put up?

Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #370
FanOfTheMiamiHeat

FanOfTheMiamiHeat is on a distinguished road
Default Congrats from a Heat

Congrats to the Mavs and to the Mavs fans! Of course I'm bummed out that the Heat lost, but there's no doubt the Mavs wanted it more. I'm especially happy for Dirk. He is one of the best NBA shooters of all time and he deserved to get a ring before he retired.

Enjoy it!!!

Now back to reading all the hate articles. With so many around the nation hating on the heat, I'm going to be busy for next few days.......
FanOfTheMiamiHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #371
DallasMavericksIn2011

DallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the roughDallasMavericksIn2011 is a jewel in the rough

I don't like to brag, but my username is pretty awesome. lol
DallasMavericksIn2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #372
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

edit: /

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 06-13-2011 at 01:59 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #373
xavier

xavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the roughxavier is a jewel in the rough

One of my fav highlights of becoming champions last night was watching bosh collapse to the floor in the tunnel crying and sobing!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #374
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Build it and they will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

edit: ASAP

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 06-13-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: img size
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #375
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post

AWESOME.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #376
MavsRChamps

MavsRChamps will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

This is an unbelievable day today. Wow, what a series, what a Mavs team. Congrats to the city of Dallas, the Mavs organization, to all Mavs fans around the world and the incredible fans who turned AAC to one big hellhole for the Heat. Just like Mark Cuban said, you guys punked the sh!t out of the Heat fans.

What a great day for german basketball fans, too. I think, after the 2006 series no one would have thought Dirk could come back like this. Both him and the Mavs so very much deserve this championship for their unwilingness to ever give up and to overcome all these said early exits in the years past.

Chokers, no more. Champs, as of today! YEAH!

To some Heat comedians: how do you like coughing now, huh?

Whooooooohoooooow!
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #377
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #378
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Reports flying out that the Championship Party at the Liv Club yesterday was attended by some Heat players. Not stated whether they were just there incidentally (seems unlikely ... why would you go out and celebrate after such a loss) or were actually joining the Mavs team.

Either way ... says a alot about the Heat as a "team".

Last edited by j0Shi; 06-13-2011 at 03:35 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #379
Bungleweeb

Bungleweeb is on a distinguished road

All you had to do to see how Terry was feeling coming in to Game 6 was watch his expression during the last several minutes of Game 5. I remember telling my girl, "Look at Terry's face (while shooting his last two FTs). He's in the zone." While I knew Dirk would come alive at some point in the game, I was telling people at the bar that JET just wasn't going to let this go to Game 7.

I have to admit that, since '06, I always felt kind of skittish about us playing against Wade, though I know the regular season record since that time has been lopsided. It turns out that, as talented as DWYane is (won't get into the arrogance/wheelchair stuff that's already been said to death), Wade's pseudo-"aura" that I've always been concerned about was really only my concern. I thought it was kind of a kryptonite thing, but Dirk and Terry aren't at all scared of that dude or his team.

It's like seventeen hours after the fact, and it *still* hasn't fully registered for me. I can't wait to go home and abuse the DVR!
Bungleweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #380
Buddhabrot

Buddhabrot is on a distinguished road

I still cant really believe what happened a couple of hours ago.

Jet played a phenomenal Post-Season, so did JJ and all the others, its simply Amazing.

There is no doubt that Dirk played horrible yesterday, but when did he show up? Correct.

He showed up when it counted, when it was clutch-time, late in the 4th. Thats what Legends are made off.

He realized his shooting was off rythm so he worked his ass off defensively and helped the Team and Kidd, Terry, JJ, they all delivered once again.

I cant even imagine how that must feel for Dirk, sticking with this Team for 13 Years, believing in the Organization and now, 13 yrs later, cementing his Name in Sports History.

Jason Kidd, a truely legendary Player that has never been someone who wants to go out and score is 30 Points. He is fine with scoring 6 and delivering Assists, thats what a Team needs.

Then you have the Jet, a soft spoken, hard working Man who, like anyone else, prides himself with what the Team accomplished and not with how many Points he scored.

JJB, being impressive in the D-League, suddenly picking it up when it counted. Such a young guy, so talented.

Chandler and Marion, two Guys that dont receive the attention that they deserve and guess what....? They do not care. If thats whats good for the Team, they are fine with it.

They have what Miami never had: A Team.

Incredible, Amazing, i need to go to bed.
Buddhabrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #381
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Dirk needs an official nickname now after clinching the first championship for the Mavericks. There's no excuse anymore. By that I mean this name should be spread out through the entire league, not being kept in DFW.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #382
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Amen. None of my friends are big sports fans, so they obviously have no understanding of my passion for the Mavs. This forum has been invaluable to me over the last six years for letting me discuss this team and this sport with people who have as much passion as I do, as well as equal or in many cases more knowledge than I have.

I second that. I have read this board for years, and my thoughts of the journey of watching the Mavs over the past decade are linked inextricably to this board. Thanks for the memories Much like Dirk and the other players last night recounting their long road to this moment, I found myself thinking back to the long journey as a Mavs fan. Some memories that stood out were watching the Mavs lose to the Kings in the Semis in 2001 while I was living in South Korea, or getting to my graduate assistant office in Las Cruces, NM at 7:00am one summer morning checking to see if someone had posted on this board any new trade gossip--we had only recently lost in the 1st round to Sacramento--and Nash was leaving, or a few summers later reading on this board while at a conference in Casper, WY about Finley being waived. Wherever I was, I could be a Mavs fan with others. Thank you to this community for being there for Mavs fans everywhere!
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #383
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Dirk needs an official nickname now after clinching the first championship for the Mavericks. There's no excuse anymore. By that I mean this name should be spread out through the entire league, not being kept in DFW.
The Fireman.

He put out the Heat.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #384
Liki

Liki is on a distinguished road

Unbelievable.Im from Kosovo(Europe) and i have been a Dallas fan since i started to watch NBA.I cant believe this,i think it is a dream,and i was confident that they are going to win this year,when i told to my friends they laugh at me,they all are with Lakers or Miami,but now they know that Mavs are the best team in the world.I will come to Texas to study,just because of MAVS,to see them playing.

CONGRATULATION TO MAVS.DALLAS FAN FOREVER
Liki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #385
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

LORD DIRK
DIRKNET
THE DIRK KNIGHT
DIRKSUS CHRIST
THE BAVARIAN BOMBER
THE BLONDE BOMBER
THE DUNKING DEUTSCHMAN
THE ONE WITH ICE VEINS
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #386
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Finals Game 6 Retro Diary

From Simmons. Good read, if only for the opportunity to relive the big moments.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #387
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
LORD DIRK
DIRKNET
THE DIRK KNIGHT
DIRKSUS CHRIST
THE BAVARIAN BOMBER
THE BLONDE BOMBER
THE DUNKING DEUTSCHMAN
THE ONE WITH ICE VEINS
That is an insult for people from Franconia. They can´t stand beeing called Bavarians.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #388
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

As i read somewhere before the Game 5:

You better not let Dirk and JKidd get one game close to a title.

Greatness!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #389
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
The Fireman.

He put out the Heat.
I actually told someone a few days before the Finals started people will be calling Dirk the Fireman when he extinguishes the Heat.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #390
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakmj...layer_embedded
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #391
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

This win has me really optimistic that Butler and Chandler resign this summer.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #392
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I waited for this championship 7 years.7 long years.And now we're champions.I am proud of this team I am of Mavs fans.
Now my dreams come true!!!
Dirk thank you!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #393
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
NBA Finals Game 6 Retro Diary

From Simmons. Good read, if only for the opportunity to relive the big moments.
from the article:
"No NBA player captured the sensation of playing pickup basketball with a seemingly harmless short guy who ends up being one of the last players picked, then proceeds to torch everybody to their ongoing shock, quite like J.J. Barea."
made me smile
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #394
Bone Machine

Bone Machine will become famous soon enough

Congrats Dallas Mavericks! From a Wizards fan...

I joined these boards last year after the trade with Deshawn, Haywood, and Caron. I'm kinda sad that Caron didn't get to play these playoffs, but I'm glad for him, and the rest of the Mavs that they all have rings.
Bone Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #395
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dirk's statue can't go up until we put Kareem's statue up
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #396
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
Dirk's statue can't go up until we put Kareem's statue up
Don't you ever mention Kareems name in the same breath as Dirk!!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #397
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
This win has me really optimistic that Butler and Chandler resign this summer.
Barea too.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #398
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

LMFAO!! "Be Like Dirk" Video.

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/5r24

LOL at 46 seconds!!

Last edited by MavsX; 06-13-2011 at 09:10 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #399
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post

Just saw this Awesomeness! Bumpit! I can't rep you right now...your CP is probably riddled with reps from me.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #400
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Just got home from the most unproductive day at work. All I did was look at Maverick news, pics, videos. I saw the pic of Dirk holding the trophy and I felt the tears in my eyes again. My God.. this is so glorious, what an amazing team. I love you guys.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attention whore murph, dirk, dirk > any tag ever, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk=god of heat, dirk=god of thunder, dirk=nba champion!, epic fail bump, i can die now