Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #361
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It entirely depends on how good the next crop of big men are. If they're good enough, then the league/rules will change with them. If not, then it won't.
Yeah, the only way to get to the top is to land the next guy who changes how the game is played... Copycats don't win rings.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #362
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

2-0

Old 05-15-2018, 10:03 PM   #363
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Love it....boring as fuck...now the 2-0 for the Warriors pls
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #364
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Strange but true stat: Dudes who get 40-point triple-doubles in the playoffs are now 2-4 since 1964. LeBron is 1-2.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #365
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@espn_macmahon: Strange but true stat: Dudes who get 40-point triple-doubles in the playoffs are now 2-4 since 1964. LeBron is 1-2.
My guess is it's because those dudes are getting 40 point triple-doubles because their teammates aren't very good and they're having to do everything themselves.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:05 PM   #366
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
My guess is it's because those dudes are getting 40 point triple-doubles because their teammates aren't very good and they're having to do everything themselves.
My guess is your guess, plus the addition of- "Or their name is Russell Westbrick".
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #367
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

So how good is Boston actually going to be when they have Kryie and Hayward on the floor together? I wanna say they're gonna be title contenders for years to come, but I still have a hard time seeing them on the Warriors level. I feel like the Warriors have a death grip on the Larry O'Brien trophy until they lose at least one of their big 4.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #368
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
My guess is your guess, plus the addition of- "Or their name is Russell Westbrick".
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bryan_Wilson again."
Old 05-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #369
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So how good is Boston actually going to be when they have Kryie and Hayward on the floor together? I wanna say they're gonna be title contenders for years to come, but I still have a hard time seeing them on the Warriors level. I feel like the Warriors have a death grip on the Larry O'Brien trophy until they lose at least one of their big 4.
Or after they trade Rozier and Brown for Kawhi

Irving
Hayward
Kawhi
tatum
Horford
+2019 Kings lottery pick
Old 05-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #370
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Or after they trade Rozier and Brown for Kawhi

Irving
Hayward
Kawhi
tatum
Horford
+2019 Kings lottery pick
Ok, THAT lineup could probably give the Warriors a run for their money.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:34 PM   #371
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yeah, the only way to get to the top is to land the next guy who changes how the game is played... Copycats don't win rings.
Agreed. If the league gets unbalanced in one direction to try and stop the Warriors then the next team to approach it from a new direction (big men?) could dominate for years.

Quote:
They look better without Kyrie to me. The Cavs looked like the better team during the regular season when the Celtics had Kyrie. Now the Celtics look better by a mile. Addition by subtraction?

I might consider trading Kyrie (and draft picks) to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard. If Kyrie continues to have injury problems it would be another steal on Ainge's resume.

Lebron gives the Cavs a 40+ point triple double on 55% shooting along with Love contributing 22 and 15 on 50% shooting...and the Celtics win with ease? Yikes...

Funny side note: JR Smith had more flagrant fouls than points.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #372
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/stat...52132688662528

"I can't do it all myself" "need them to be at their best" LOL. #leadership

Dribbles the gd air outta the ball, has everyone stand and watch for 10-12 seconds and expects them to stay engaged on defense to make up for his shortcomings and be able to hit shots when none of them are in rhythm getting lulled to sleep with all his dribbling. And then he points the finger of blame at them to the media, lmfao. What a piece of shit, the probable mvp right there, blaming his teammates.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #373
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post

They look better without Kyrie to me. The Cavs looked like the better team during the regular season when the Celtics had Kyrie. Now the Celtics look better by a mile. Addition by subtraction?

I might consider trading Kyrie (and draft picks) to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard. If Kyrie continues to have injury problems it would be another steal on Ainge's resume.

Lebron gives the Cavs a 40+ point triple double on 55% shooting along with Love contributing 22 and 15 on 50% shooting...and the Celtics win with ease? Yikes...

Funny side note: JR Smith had more flagrant fouls than points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4
Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #374
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/stat...52132688662528

"I can't do it all myself" "need them to be at their best" LOL. #leadership

Dribbles the gd air outta the ball, has everyone stand and watch for 10-12 seconds and expects them to stay engaged on defense to make up for his shortcomings and be able to hit shots when none of them are in rhythm getting lulled to sleep with all his dribbling. And then he points the finger of blame at them to the media, lmfao. What a piece of shit, the probable mvp right there, blaming his teammates.

Your hate is irrational at this point.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #375
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Last I checked hating a dude who flops around baiting refs for calls, plays no defense, and then points the finger of blame to his teammates sayin he can't do it himself to the media wasn't irrational at all.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #376
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well I turned on sportsnation and they showed the whole clip. To be fair he was defending his teammates. Looks like that clip I was sent and many like it were all over this morning and edited out the beginning. So he didn't point the finger at his teammates. So I'll take that off the list of reasons of why he's a pos.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #377
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I will say that it's not Harden's fault that Morey gave ridiculous contracts to garbage like Gordon and Anderson. Anderson still has 40mil/2years left after this season lmao.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #378
Underdog

Quote:
James Harden is the fucking worst... It's a scientific fact -- look it up in the Bible, dummy.

https://twitter.com/rgiss11/status/993308915998732289

Last edited by Underdog; 05-16-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #379
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
James Harden is the fucking worst... It's a scientific fact -- look it up in the Bible, dummy.

That's not as bad as this...

http://bullpenblogger.files.wordpres...-ham.gif?w=625

I hate Harden and his flopping with a passion, but he isn't the little bitch that Paul is.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #380
Underdog

Quote:
I hate Harden and his flopping with a passion, but he isn't the little bitch that Paul is.
I mean, sure, but that's kinda like saying you'd rather drink a tall, warm glass of vomit than a tall, warm glass of diarrhea.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-16-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #381
Underdog

Old 05-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #382
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Well one of these turned into a series in game 2.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #383
Underdog

Quote:
Well one of these turned into a series in game 2.
GSW didn't even bother to show up.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #384
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
GSW didn't even bother to show up.
KD did, not so much for the rest.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:31 AM   #385
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

GS taking a dive for the good of the league ratings and revenue.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #386
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
GS taking a dive for the good of the league ratings and revenue.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
They'd better be careful. Thats a dangerous game. Momentum can change unexpectedly quickly. They should have 3 straight championships right now but let up two years ago. Also, in fairness, Kerr got outcoached. Weird to think at one time Festus Ezelli was a thing.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #387
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last I checked hating a dude who flops around baiting refs for calls, plays no defense, and then points the finger of blame to his teammates sayin he can't do it himself to the media wasn't irrational at all.
In my defense, I thought this was still about Lebron. Carry on.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #388
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

Thought I had responded to Lebron slander, was wrong.

But I did go to a group of scientists that pulled out a dusty Bible, and lo and behold, I found scripture on Harden being the worst.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #389
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Oh yeah, he's a great player in his way, but the Celtics do look better as a team without him. And it is a team game. Can't help thinking a guy like Leonard would fit them better.

Quote:
KD did, not so much for the rest.
Makes me wonder if Lebron was watching and saying, "Yeah! That's how it feels!"
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #390
Underdog

Quote:
Thought I had responded to Lebron slander, was wrong.

But I did go to a group of scientists that pulled out a dusty Bible, and lo and behold, I found scripture on Harden being the worst.
"Lo, for I hath no more rep to spreadeth!" --Shaquille 3:15

Old 05-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #391
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
Oh yeah, he's a great player in his way, but the Celtics do look better as a team without him. And it is a team game. Can't help thinking a guy like Leonard would fit them better.

Should’ve clarified my point instead of just posting the vid — sorry.

I agree the Celts look good. They’re clicking as a team and moving the ball well. My point is that eventually when you run into the Warriors or Rockets (the real powerhouses of the league) you absolutely need someone with that killer instinct to take over games. That may be Jayson Tatum down the road, but as of right there are very few players as clutch as Kyrie. Obviously, if he comes back and decides to play like Westbrook he’s not going to help them. He needs to understand that the Celts young players are growing up and feed them the ball. He’ll prob need to limit his FGA to about 13-15.

I really look forward to seeing a Kyrie - Brown - Tatum - Hayward - Horford lineup next season.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #392
Underdog

So is every Conference Finals win going to be a blowout?

Old 05-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #393
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

41 point blowout. Great number. Worst playoff loss in franchise history.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:23 PM   #394
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

That's why Harden really isn't a superstar. He gives up whenever it gets kinda tough. It happens every playoffs he is in.

That's fine. Go clubbing. Your true calling.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #395
Underdog

Quote:
That's why Harden really isn't a superstar. He gives up whenever it gets kinda tough. It happens every playoffs he is in.

That's fine. Go clubbing. Your true calling.
https://twitter.com/andthefoul/statu...83441530970112

Old 05-20-2018, 09:57 PM   #396
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I really really hate that a dude who gives this kind of defensive effort on a regular basis is going to win mvp. He's been like this for years, he's been clowned for years, and is still going to win mvp.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:00 PM   #397
Underdog

Quote:
41 point blowout. Great number. Worst playoff loss in franchise history.
@SportsSturm: It is fun to see the Rockets get buried, but I hate to see Dallas lose the record 40-point victory over Houston in Game 7 back in 2005.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:01 PM   #398
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
So is every Conference Finals win going to be a blowout?
Yepp.

I can see the Rockets getting trashed the next two games. In game 2 the Warriors came out arrogant and lazy, that was the only reason they lost...
Old 05-20-2018, 10:06 PM   #399
Underdog

The Rockets got beat so bad that ESPN was embarrassed to show the score...

Old 05-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #400
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really really hate that a dude who gives this kind of defensive effort on a regular basis is going to win mvp. He's been like this for years, he's been clowned for years, and is still going to win mvp.
I know what you're saying, but that was a hell of a move by Livingston. Few players could have stayed in front of him.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote