Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #361
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

WOW

the spurs outscore the twolves 32-11 in the final quarter to win by 15.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 11-30-2007 at 10:25 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #362
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hate on the Spurs all you want but that 4th quarter was a thing of beauty. Ginobli is playing out his mind right now.

The Timberwolves pretty much owned the Spurs for 3 quarters and then a switch and the Spurs lowered the boom.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #363
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
Hate on the Spurs all you want but that 4th quarter was a thing of beauty. Ginobli is playing out his mind right now.

The Timberwolves pretty much owned the Spurs for 3 quarters and then a switch and the Spurs lowered the boom.
No hate from me, I think they are the best team in the NBA.

Contact Me
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #364
alby
Guru

Lakers @ Utah, Kobe normally loves going up against AK.

Boozer is out. Okur out. Look for Deron to take over.

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 11-30-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #365
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Alby, sorry that wasn't directed at you. I know a lot of the folks hate on the Spurs for one thing or another but they're playing exceptional basketball right now. And their defense is nowhere near what we know it can be.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #366
alby
Guru

Where in California do you live MFF?

Contact Me
Old 12-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #367
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Amazing line for Kirilenko tonight: 20/10/10 with 6 steals and 4 blocks, and still 5 minutes to go in the game.

Also: 30/23 for Dwight Howard in a close loss to Phoenix, and Durant has his first 30 point game.

Last edited by Stranger; 12-01-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #368
alby
Guru

Big Al Jefferson with only 9 points tonight =[

Gordon, Deng, and the Bulls went off tonight--hopefully, it doesn't mean they are starting their annual winning streak right before they play us

Yao has been unstoppable so far in the first half (21 of the 50 Houston points)

Contact Me
Old 12-02-2007, 12:41 AM   #369
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

wow yao got freaking pissed tonight. he fouled out because udrih drove into him just standing there and yao picked up his 6th foul. went to the bench started yelling at the ref threw a towel out on the court and was ejected with technicals. kept yelling to the refs on his way to the locker room.
freaking love it about time he went off... why don't they just put it in the rules that you can't be 7'6" and from china.
oh and i hope rafer gets hurt. that guy sucks fucking balls and tonight was the last straw for me.

btw that's yaos first nba ejection

Last edited by DOMINATOR; 12-02-2007 at 12:53 AM.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #370
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What team are you talking about?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #371
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I despise how the refs let the offensive guys initiate contact and then call fouls on the other dudes. Tonight I saw Peja jump sideways into a guy on a 3ptr and get bailed out, ridiculous.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #372
alby
Guru

The Yao foul on Beno was worse.. talk about home court advantage.

but, I guess we should be used to it since the NBA has the worst officiating out of the four major sports.

Contact Me
Old 12-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #373
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
The Yao foul on Beno was worse.. talk about home court advantage.

but, I guess we should be used to it since the NBA has the worst officiating out of the four major sports.
word....why the heck do I put dollars into this anyway? I'm starting to wonder.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #374
alby
Guru

Indiana is an extremely scrappy team, which we saw first hand.. Jermaine is slowly getting back to form, scoring 20 points and grabbing 15 boards today. Despite Kaman's 22/22 game, Pacers win. Indiana can make some noise in the East.

the Knicks playing the Suns tough in New York.. 68-69 in the third (crazy, I know). Grant Hill looks like the free agent pickup of the year.

Contact Me
Old 12-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #375
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

the knicks have won 4 of 5 going into phx. weird.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #376
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WOW

the spurs outscore the twolves 32-11 in the final quarter to win by 15.
the twolves are officially in the michael beasley/derrick rose race

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #377
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
the twolves are officially in the michael beasley/derrick rose race
yeah that would be a nice young core of...
Rose
Foye
Brewer
Jefferson
center

gomes and mccants coming off the bench.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #378
alby
Guru

They already have a solid core of young players. They need vets. And no, I'm not referring to Antoine Walker

Contact Me
Old 12-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #379
alby
Guru

What a game

GS v. Magic in Oakland

magic have the ball, down two, 17 seconds left

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 AM   #380
alby
Guru

Talk about a 1-2 punch

Amare had 42 points / 13 rebounds
Nash had 18 points / 17 assists

in their 121-117 win over the Pacers in Indiana

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #381
alby
Guru

After 17 assists last night, Nash decides to drop 18 dimes tonight.

Contact Me
Old 12-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #382
alby
Guru

Great Great game

LA @ Denver

Iverson scores 49 through three quarters but only 2 in the fourth.
(51 for AI, 24 for Melo)

Kobe hurts his shoulder early in the game and is in foul trouble throughout then comes back late and manages to score 12 fourth quarter points. This guy knows how to finish.

Los Angeles Lakers 111
Denver Nuggets 107

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-05-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #383
alby
Guru

Quote:
After 17 assists last night, Nash decides to drop 18 dimes tonight.
so after 17 and 18 assists, he decides go for 19 of them tonight

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-07-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #384
alby
Guru

Boston up 35 in the fourth quarter against the Raptors

Contact Me
Old 12-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #385
DOMINATOR

chris Paul went off tonight... 43 pts. 9ast, 5 reb, 4stls
Old 12-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #386
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The Spurs came back to beat the Jazz. Another 4th quarter where they rebounded, played tough defense, and really outhustled Utah.

Ginobli didn't have a good shooting night but had 37 points again while Parker had 16 and Finley had 15. Nice contributions from Oberto and Bonner as well.

I probably shouldn't be but I'm really impressed with how the Spurs have played without Duncan. And it's come against two WC teams that were in the playoffs last year.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #387
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I probably shouldn't be but I'm really impressed with how the Spurs have played without Duncan. And it's come against two WC teams that were in the playoffs last year.
Why shouldn't you be?

They do it the right way. They focus on defense.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #388
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I thought the Spurs would struggle more without Duncan. While they've been outrebounded they haven't been murdered on the glass. I could see them beating the Sonics, Hawks, Knicks, or some other bottom feeder but they've pulled out impressive wins against the Mavs and Jazz.

The Warriors are taking it to the Heat right now. Gosh, they're fun to watch. They never led until the 4th and Azbuike is having a nice 4th. They should pull out the win.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #389
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea I didn't have much faith in the Spurs once Duncan went down. But guys have stepped up especially Ginobilli. Fin seems to be getting his shooting touch back. Parker didn't have a good shooting night but he's been consistently putting up the points. They've been getting decent play out of their big men. Bowen has been nothing on the offensive end. Its gotta feel great to rest Duncan and still be able to pull out wins. Things couldn't be going any better for them.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:41 AM   #390
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Durant owns. Hook 'em Horns.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:38 AM   #391
alby
Guru

the little news earlier in the week (I forgot who posted it) about how we passed up Redd makes me really sad

Contact Me
Old 12-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #392
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Whoa what story is that? Is it a different than the whole offer him a little less than the mid-level incident that occured the year we went after Rashard as well?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #393
alby
Guru

its in one of the threads from last week

edit*
http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31744
2nd page

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 12-08-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #394
alby
Guru

Quote:
so after 17 and 18 assists, he decides go for 19 of them tonight
after 17, 18, 19 assists.. he went for only 15 tonight and the Suns lose =]
Big Al Jefferson went for 32 points and 20 rebounds.

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #395
DOMINATOR

rockets look like garbage... against the freaking 76ers.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #396
alby
Guru

Houston is getting DOMINATED =]!

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #397
DOMINATOR

Quote:
Houston is getting DOMINATED =]!
lol

clutchfans is about to blow a gasket... back to back horrible games.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #398
alby
Guru

after the great start to the season, they are 11-11

Tmac sprained his ankle in the game btw =\

Contact Me
Old 12-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #399
DOMINATOR

Quote:
Tmac sprained his ankle in the game btw =\
yeah he coulda played through it but bitched out because they were getting their ass kicked.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #400
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
lol

clutchfans is about to blow a gasket... back to back horrible games.
That's kind of how it was around here after the Denver loss.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote