Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #361
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Its not about not loving the country. Its about what's in store for this country if McCain becomes president and is sick in office to where Palin would have to fill in for him. And I really wish we'd get off that elitist attitude of" If you don't ride with us you're not an american". If your not for the war you're not an american. If you throw up the white flag you're not american. I'm sick of that elitist attitude. I wouldn't trust Sarah Palin with my kids let alone a whole country. But she smiles so well and she has such a cheerful attitude. Let's see where that gets this country. I'm with BBL. If there ever comes to a point where Palin becomes president i'm riding along with BBL and leaving the country. I saw and lived through enough with Bush for 8 years.
Elitist attitude? This isn't about agreeing with dalmations, me, or anybody else. I'm sick of people threatening to leave. You should read "The Man Without A Country" for a bit of perspective.

To quote Joni Mitchell: " Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone."

As for your comment about not trusting Sarah Palin with your kids, what a bunch of nonsense.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #362
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I agree for the most part, and they can take Alaska with them as well Damn, my bad I just cracked another funny on the McCain/Palin ticket.. Sorry about that
Did you think that was funny?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #363
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Did you think that was funny?
Yes, and plenty of others find it funny. Lastly, the man said "HE" would not trust Palin with his kids. I believe him, because he said it about "HIS" family. I would not call another mans choice with his family and his babysitters a bunch of nonsense. I call it his choice on the matter. I too would not trust Palin with my kids, and only one of them is young enough for her to keep.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #364
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think that when people talk about "leaving the country" after one result or another, it's more metaphorical in nature. They leave it in terms of committment, in terms of belief.

Me, I guess I don't have much of anywhere else to go, and I would suffer through the indignity like the rest of us would, but if Sarah Palin were the POTUS sometime in the next four years, I would completely lose all the faith I have in our governmental processes.

But that's about it. I'm not naive enough to believe that someone so ill-suited for the office as she is could actually effect a lot of harm on our nation. It would just be embarrassing, mostly. But we would muddle through, and hire someone better suited the next time out.

The stain on our reputation, though, would not be removable. And the negative effects would last probably decades.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-10-2008 at 09:25 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #365
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Yes, and plenty of others find it funny. Lastly, the man said "HE" would not trust Palin with his kids. I believe him, because he said it about "HIS" family. I would not call another mans choice with his family and his babysitters a bunch of nonsense. I call it his choice on the matter. I too would not trust Palin with my kids, and only one of them is young enough for her to keep.
Okay, I'll play along with you, babysitterxpert: Why wouldn't you trust Sarah Palin with your kids? Because she might teach them to use a gun? Because she might teach them that God exists and loves them? Because she might give them a Northern accent? Please, do share.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #366
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I think that when people talk about "leaving the country" after one result or another, it's more metaphorical in nature. They leave it in terms of committment, in terms of belief.
And again, they don't know what they're talking about, because if they really had to leave the country they'd wish they could come back. Of that, I am sure.

Quote:
The stain on our reputation, though, would not be removable. And the negative effects would last probably decades.
You are the king of hyperbole.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #367
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And again, they don't know what they're talking about, because if they really had to leave the country they'd wish they could come back. Of that, I am sure.
How did that address the point I made? What, it is like Clayton Williams said? Rape is like the rain...you can't do anything about it so you may as well sit back and enjoy it? Is that it? No matter how poorly our government performs, you still just ought to sit back and take it?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #368
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Elitist attitude? This isn't about agreeing with dalmations, me, or anybody else. I'm sick of people threatening to leave. You should read "The Man Without A Country" for a bit of perspective.

To quote Joni Mitchell: " Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got till it's gone."

As for your comment about not trusting Sarah Palin with your kids, what a bunch of nonsense.

My perspective is fine. If I saw a man with a gun and he's shooting everyone in sight I have enough sense to run. I'm not going to sit there and wait to see if the gunmen shoots me if I already know that he will. That's my perspective on Palin. Its almost my perspective on republicans in general but i've survived these past 8 years i'd like to think I could make it through 4 more years.

Quote:
Okay, I'll play along with you, babysitterxpert: Why wouldn't you trust Sarah Palin with your kids? Because she might teach them to use a gun? Because she might teach them that God exists and loves them? Because she might give them a Northern accent? Please, do share.

No need to say a word. The pictures tell the story.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #369
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
How did that address the point I made? What, it is like Clayton Williams said? Rape is like the rain...you can't do anything about it so you may as well sit back and enjoy it? Is that it? No matter how poorly our government performs, you still just ought to sit back and take it?
Yea I just don't understand that logic. If that's the code that people want to live by than fine but if there's an opportunity for me and my family to live a better life I have to take that chance. That's what a man does for his family.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #370
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I knew you would get in the action soon enough with your insults, instead of debating She maybe would teach your kids to use proper non-english, or even give your children some religion, but there is NOT a thing she can teach my children. Now, your kids that could be another story, dont know how you run your household.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #371
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I knew you would get in the action soon enough with your insults, instead of debating She maybe would teach your kids to use proper non-english, or even give your children some religion, but there is NOT a thing she can teach my children. Now, your kids that could be another story, dont know how you run your household.
LOL Yea she not only couldn't teach my kids anything but I don't trust my kids safety with her. Just like I don't trust her with this country. If Palin looked like Hilary Clinton....well it doesn't matter because McCain would've never picked a woman that looked like Hilary. It was important he picked a female with glasses who republicans would find attractive who smiles and pisses on them and tells them its rain.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #372
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Now, lets see if I can get you back on topic without the insults.

Here you go: http://video1.washingtontimes.com/vi...ing-Letter.jpg

Add this to the Keating ties..Oh, look for the Cindy McCain/Keating ties to come out to the public as well. I think it may have something to do with shopping malls.

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 10-10-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #373
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Maybe he is worried that she will be a-okay, you betcha, with his teenage girl having premarital sex and getting pregnant. Maybe he is worried she will let the teenage boys in and give them a private room.

There was a time, KG, when Republicans would have denounced this scenario as a standard bearer. What happened to those times? What happened, man?

I don't know about you, but I think I've witnessed a sea change in the youth attitude toward sex over the last ten or fifteen years. When Clinton got head in the Oval Office, it seemed to legitimize this behavior, from what I gather. Now you have a national candidate whose daughter is knocked up. What is the message we send our kids?

Time was, the Republican party held some moral ground here. I'm afraid that time is long gone. I don't expect to see enthusiastic abstinence rallies, or movements, going forward. That argument is entirely undermined, if not completely delegitimized, when the Republicans roll a pregnant teenager out there.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-10-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #374
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

This thread is sad. I've had enough of it.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #375
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
This thread is sad. I've had enough of it.
McCain wants you to fight, fight, fight with him. He would be disappointed.

Bye!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #376
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I've been to Toronto tons of times. I love it!
Old 10-11-2008, 02:31 AM   #377
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
McCain wants you to fight, fight, fight with him. He would be disappointed.

Bye!
No need to fight with you -- you'll move out of the country, eventually.

There used to be a time when patriotism was alive and well. I miss those days.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 PM   #378
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

there used to be a time when we had a legitimate republican candidate for president.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:17 AM   #379
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
there used to be a time when we had a legitimate republican candidate for president.
It took the Demons a couple decades to find their "legitimate" candidate.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #380
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

You might say McCain won this final debate - and if this were a stand alone kinda thing, you'd be right. He was on the offensive, he did a lot of what his base'd been screeming for, and he presented his arguments on domestic policy with passion. Obama was on the defensive, and mentioned agreements with McCain as often as he mentioned disagreements.

This wasn't a stand alone debate, though. Obama probably conceded the debate just to play it safe, preferring to protect his lead by avoiding major gaffes, and to reach out to the votes in the middle. McCain did himself good for a couple hours, and there are a couple weeks left. We'll see. It'll still take a whole lot on the part of McCain to pull off the upset.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #381
Silk Smoov
Banned

This debate was laughable for McCain, every television outlet anchor has said the same thing. Angry man McCain proved tonight why you should NOT vote for him. But he was angry, so angry pts count. Polls on Thursday should show a double digit lead for Obama. Horrible night for McCain, just plain horrible..Seriously, Horrible..
Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #382
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This debate was laughable for McCain, every television outlet anchor has said the same thing. Angry man McCain proved tonight why you should NOT vote for him. But he was angry, so angry pts count. Polls on Thursday should show a double digit lead for Obama. Horrible night for McCain, just plain horrible..Seriously, Horrible..
you are nuts
Old 10-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #383
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
you are nuts
You cant be serious to say McCain won this debate. McCain's best debate was the first one, and he has been going downhill from that point. Tonight was just bad for McCain, not so much that he was Palin like, but the fact he did not do well, and he REALLY needed to do great.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #384
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter if McCain "won" tonight. He looked irritated, and only played towards his base. He may have won some of the base back that he lost in the 2nd debate, but this thing is over.

My dad even called me after the debate (he's a hardcore republican) and said it's going to be Obama in a landslide.

McCain was behind what, 8 points before the debate? McCain didn't have much choice but to go on the offensive, but Obama just calmly lobbed the ball back.

It's over.

oh and the reason I said "won" is because republicans will think their candidate won on the points because THEY AGREE WITH THE POINTS. same with democrats.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 10-15-2008 at 11:05 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #385
chumdawg
Guru

I think McCain just can't win for losing. So to speak.

He's a sorry candidate, for one thing. And that's really the only important thing. But he's also showing himself to be quite the unlikeable individual.

I don't know how many undecideds vote based on the debates. Probably not that many. But I feel pretty sure in saying that McCain didn't net any votes from the debates. He'd be better off if there weren't any debates.

If Obama played defense, it would be kinda like a grown man defending himself from a toddler grabbing at his pantleg.

It was all interesting at first, but by the end it just became tiredhead. Blowouts are fun the first time, but no one likes watching a replay.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #386
Silk Smoov
Banned

I kinda feel sorry for McCain, because I just loved McCain so much Pre-2000. I think that ole Bush and his buddies wore him down and really McCain has not been the same since the smear campaigns against him when he was running against Bush. Maybe his old age has caused him to be so angry now. Maybe there is so much he wants to say, but he is held back by the Karl Rove types, and he is just angry. Not at Obama, but just at the world.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #387
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
McCain was behind what, 8 points before the debate? McCain didn't have much choice but to go on the offensive, but Obama just calmly lobbed the ball back.
Zogby and Rasmussen had it at about 4 points this afternoon....Those are the only polls anyone should pay attention to, btw, because historically they are quite accurate.

The fact that it's even that close given the lucky timing of a financial crisis in the making since the Carter years, an unpopular war that the MSM has sold the way they wanted to, as well as a president who has confronted arguably the hardest challenges in the history of the United States, and you've got yourself a puzzler. How could Barack Obama only be leading national polls by 4 percent? with 8 years of discontent and media bias behind it? It is an absolutely pathetic showing by Obama to this point. he should be ahead by 30 points and yet he's not.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-15-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #388
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

flaco you're a mavs fan so you're used to looking for morale victories. it doesn't change the fact that obama will be the next president of the united states.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #389
chumdawg
Guru

30 points? LOL. Show me the last 65-35 election. Lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #390
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my main takeaway from this is just how damn UNLIKEABLE McCain was. Say what you will, but a lot of swing voters will base their decision on that.

Remember Gore from 2000? His eye-rolling and ridiculously audible sighs? McCain was on that level tonight, if not worse.

And did he want Barack to give him a hug for what John Lewis said? The attack ad section of the debate is where the wheels fell off for McCain.

Also, I don't know Joe the Plumber, but if I did, I'd thank him for wasting a good portion of my night tonight.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #391
chumdawg
Guru

Joe the Plumber can't buy the business that he has been working for 12 hours a day 24/7 because he fears Obama taxes. Grow a sack, Joe. Step up like all the other entreprenuers in this nation have stepped up. Unless you are looking for some sort of handout?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #392
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
flaco you're a mavs fan so you're used to looking for morale victories. it doesn't change the fact that obama will be the next president of the united states.
You're absolutely right. Style over substance FTW. Everyone wants to ignore all the historical evidence like what the Carter/Obama administration did in times like these. Your first pop culture, American Idol president is without a doubt Barack Obama. America gets what 50.999 percent of it deserves. The media will reap what it has sewn.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #393
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You're absolutely right. Style over substance FTW. Everyone wants to ignore all the historical evidence like what the Carter/Obama administration did in times like these. Your first pop culture, American Idol president is without a doubt Barack Obama. America gets what 50.999 percent of it deserves. The media will reap what it has sewn.
I am intrigued by your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #394
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

What stuck to me was what they wanted to talk about...

Obama wanted to discuss problems Americans are facing and finding solutions.

McCain was fixated on diving into Obama's resume and looking for smudge marks.

Whose goals do you think will help solve America's problems?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #395
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

it always seemed that Obama was taking the high road. and it goes back to what people have been saying about McCain for some time now - if you can't win on the issues, attack your opponent.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:36 AM   #396
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Zogby and Rasmussen had it at about 4 points this afternoon....Those are the only polls anyone should pay attention to, btw, because historically they are quite accurate.

The fact that it's even that close given the lucky timing of a financial crisis in the making since the Carter years, an unpopular war that the MSM has sold the way they wanted to, as well as a president who has confronted arguably the hardest challenges in the history of the United States, and you've got yourself a puzzler. How could Barack Obama only be leading national polls by 4 percent? with 8 years of discontent and media bias behind it? It is an absolutely pathetic showing by Obama to this point. he should be ahead by 30 points and yet he's not.
So much spinnnnn....

never mind its a young black tax-raisin' cat named Hussein! BY THIRTY POINTS, HE SAYS!

Why, an old white guy named Bill or George would be whuppin' Senator POW by FIFTY!!!

EDIT: For an Arab, he is doing good though!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 10-16-2008 at 12:51 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:41 AM   #397
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The only polls that matter right now are ones that reflect changes in electoral votes.'

If McCain wants to have a snowball's chance, he's got to start flippin blue states, and in a hurry.

If he can't do that, then poll numbers (whether they be zogby, rasmussen, or gallup) mean exactly squat.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 10-16-2008 at 02:04 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #398
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
So much spinnnnn....

never mind its a young black tax-raisin' cat named Hussein! BY THIRTY POINTS, HE SAYS!

Why, an old white guy named Bill or George would be whuppin' Senator POW by FIFTY!!!

EDIT: For an Arab, he is doing good though!!
of course, he does have help like this:
http://www.snappedshot.com/archives/...ral-Media.html
Old 10-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #399
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

It's funny to read this thread and hear from all of the Obama supporters. "McCain was angry." "Obama wants to fix problems." It's as if you watched it in Joe Biden's living room.

CNN's post-debate panel (hardly a Republican echo chamber) said it was McCain's best and Obama's worst debate.

Obama may very well win the election, but he didn't do himself any favors last night, because he left the door open rather than slamming it shut.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #400
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

BTW, Flacolaco, you're right that this should be a much bigger lead for Obama in the polls.

Zogby, Rasmussen, and IBD all show this thing to be a 3-5 point race.

Dems are counting their chickens...