Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #3961
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
approaching 100 pages!
Yeah, and thanks for the disgraceful and embarrassing thread title, dumbass.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #3962
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTnERb View Post
I just can't see Kidd trying to persuade D Will to go to Brooklyn and play for Avery "The Crazy" Johnson again. All these Kidd hints about playing another round of golf, need moar help in deciding, etc. makes me feel confident.
Feel the same way, but with so many other things saying Nets, it's hard for me to give that too much credit.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #3963
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

@RicBucher That didn't take long: now being told not to count out DH still making his way to the Nets. So list now is: 1.(Nets) Mavs.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #3964
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I wish there were some quotes from Rick or Donnie but they probably aren't saying anything until news comes out.

Any chance of follow up meetings or do you guys think we'll know within 24 hours?

I recall LeBron met with certain clubs twice.
No matter what, I'll be happy if Deron chooses to play for the Mavericks, but man, I really hope he makes that decision tonight. I'm ashamed to admit that this is hard on my general livelihood.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #3965
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Losing to the Nets (doesn't matter that it's off the court) would be embarrassing.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #3966
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Due to my pessimism, it doesnt sound like dwill is coming to dallas based on yalls posts. But im holding out for dwight if in fact dwill resigns with nets. But since dwight said there is only one team (nets) he wants to go to, hed probably act like a douche in dallas. Who knows. Im ready to stop stressing
We don't have nearly enough to complete any trade for him, so that problem is solved i guess. Also, we were pretty high on his list, i don't think he would do that. Come on D-Will, make us happy.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #3967
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofthefaith View Post
@RicBucher That didn't take long: now being told not to count out DH still making his way to the Nets. So list now is: 1.(Nets) Mavs.
Bucher is a freaking joke of a reporter. 1 hour ago Dallas was at the top of the list.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #3968
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
No matter what, I'll be happy if Deron chooses to play for the Mavericks, but man, I really hope he makes that decision tonight. I'm ashamed to admit that this is hard on my general livelihood.
Don't be
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #3969
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
HMMMM.
Quote:
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Source says Nets' meeting with Deron Williams "went well," but no word on a decision.
LOL...I was hoping they would say it 'didnt go well'...Damn!
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #3970
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What chicanery this all is.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #3971
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I'm hopeful but we have less assets than NJN.

Matrix/Roddy/Wright/resigned Ian/our rookies/future 1sts is still a 85% poo-poo platter for a franchise player.
Dwight went to a championship. What did humphries/Lopez ever accomplish?

He is not getting traded to Brooklyn. He isn't getting traded to Dallas either. Only way we get him is if he comes after his contract expires, like Lebron.

Last edited by OneLove22; 07-02-2012 at 09:09 PM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #3972
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Thread is currently 2nd most highly replied thread behind a random Dallas Mavericks offseason thread. Down 3.4K replies. Probably not touching that one.

This is 3rd highest in views. Down 24k from the top (Dirk is great thread). Unlikely to surpass but possible.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #3973
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
The "not to count out team" is the favorite?
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #3974
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard any official word on how the meeting went. Everything has been hush-hush to this point...no idea if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

My (un)educated guess is that he sleeps on it tonight and makes an announcement tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #3975
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Yeah, and thanks for the disgraceful and embarrassing thread title, dumbass.
you drunk?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #3976
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I haven't heard any official word on how the meeting went. Everything has been hush-hush to this point...no idea if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

My (un)educated guess is that he sleeps on it tonight and makes an announcement tomorrow.
Thanks BG, I underestimate how important these type of meetings are? I thought was a matter of protocol.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #3977
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Ric Bucher ‏ @ RicBucher
Mavs/Nets fans + e'rbody else: source says Deron Williams will not make, or at least announce, his decision tonight. Sweet dreams.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #3978
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

This is the only thing I **hate** about free agency. One player can literally halt EVERYONE else's movement. And that one player that halts the movement usually strings everyone along.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #3979
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
This is the only thing I **hate** about free agency. One player can literally halt EVERYONE else's movement. And that one player that halts the movement usually strings everyone along.
EVERYONE = two teams.

Hibbert seems to be doing well, so does Nash. Free agency is moving along just fine with this situation going on. I think people just **hate** it because the team we care about is in the thick of it.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #3980
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Quote:
Ric Bucher‏@RicBucher

Mavs/Nets fans + e'rbody else: source says Deron Williams will not make, or at least announce, his decision tonight. Sweet dreams.
late

Last edited by mavs777; 07-02-2012 at 09:28 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #3981
mavs777
Diamond Member

not that it matters but i do find this funny

Quote:
David Aldridge‏@daldridgetnt

Deron Williams has finished meeting with Mavericks, after meeting Nets earlier in the day. No decision yet. Don't know if one comes tonight.
Considering other people said mavs meeting was first, so many inconsistencies in free agency.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #3982
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
not that it matters but i do find this funny

Considering other people said mavs meeting was first, so many inconsistencies in free agency.
He fixed his snafu.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #3983
Bayliss

Quote:
EVERYONE = two teams.

Hibbert seems to be doing well, so does Nash. Free agency is moving along just fine with this situation going on. I think people just **hate** it because the team we care about is in the thick of it.
Rockets/Lakers/Raptors/Knicks/Celtics/Mavs/Jazz all have so many moving parts because of Deron.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #3984
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Rockets/Lakers/Raptors/Knicks/Celtics/Mavs/Jazz all have so many moving parts because of Deron.
Huh? What do the rockets and jazz have to do with this? or even the lakers? Raptors/Knicks you could make an argument because of dallas/nash thing but the others make little sense.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #3985
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Their movements haven't been put to a halt tho. Outside of LA, each and every one of them are proceeding as they would.

Rockets: Asik offer, talking to Camby, talking to Dragic
Raptors: Made pitch to Nash, starting to field calls on Calderon for a trade
Celtics: signing KG and making a push for Ray Allen
Jazz: Acquired Mo Williams and Marvin Williams
Knicks: Continuing to work in anticipation of their pitch for Nash and Lin.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-02-2012 at 09:42 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #3986
Bayliss

Quote:
Huh? What do the rockets and jazz have to do with this? or even the lakers? Raptors/Knicks you could make an argument because of dallas/nash thing but the others make little sense.
Well, to entice Deron Williams to Brooklyn, Billy King just created a sh*tstorm with Dwight Howard. Now they can't trade for Dwight. So therefore they are out of the running via trade. So who else is involved that could trade with Orlando because they sure as hell aint letting him walk for nothing. Hence the Lakers and back to Bynum.

Then you also have the point guards: If Deron goes to Dallas... Nash probably goes to Toronto... Calderon will get cut/amnestied/whatever... he has said he wants to play for the Lakers. The Rockets have to make a decision on Dragic and Lowry. When Nash leaves... they will flow to Dragic. They've already semi contacted him anyway.

But a lot of the PG moves are contingent on D-Will. And now with Billy King doing whaqt he did for Deron, it makes Dwight have all new suitors via trade possibilities than there was before.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #3987
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Well, to entice Deron Williams to Brooklyn, Billy King just created a sh*tstorm with Dwight Howard. Now they can't trade for Dwight. So therefore they are out of the running via trade. So who else is involved that could trade with Orlando because they sure as hell aint letting him walk for nothing. Hence the Lakers and back to Bynum.

Then you also have the point guards: If Deron goes to Dallas... Nash probably goes to Toronto... Calderon will get cut/amnestied/whatever... he has said he wants to play for the Lakers. The Rockets have to make a decision on Dragic and Lowry. When Nash leaves... they will flow to Dragic. They've already semi contacted him anyway.

But a lot of the PG moves are contingent on D-Will. And now with Billy King doing whaqt he did for Deron, it makes Dwight have all new suitors via trade possibilities than there was before.
Put to a halt...with a good nine days left before anything can REALLY happen...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #3988
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:

Calderon isn't getting amnestied that report has been debunked. The Joe deal is done so it doesn't affect the lakers or rockets. The Rockets have to make a decision on Dragic/Lowry since like a month ago that is nothing new.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #3989
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Their movements haven't been put to a halt tho. Outside of LA, each and every one of them are proceeding as they would.

Rockets: Asik offer, talking to Camby, talking to Dragic
Raptors: Made pitch to Nash, starting to field calls on Calderon for a trade
Celtics: signing KG and making a push for Ray Allen
Jazz: Acquired Mo Williams and Marvin Williams
Knicks: Continuing to work in anticipation of their pitch for Nash and Lin.

Atlanta...going nuts!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #3990
Bayliss

Quote:
The Houston Rockets are pessimistic about their chances of re-signing point guard Goran Dragic with the sides far apart in negotiations, according to sources close to the process.

one source close to the process to say that the lefty's expected return to the Rockets is "not going to happen."
Looks to me like Dragic is waiting for Nash, who is waiting for Deron to sign.

Last edited by Bayliss; 07-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #3991
BGMaverick9
Guru

[QUOTE=Bayliss;1280399]
Quote:
The Houston Rockets are pessimistic about their chances of re-signing point guard Goran Dragic with the sides far apart in negotiations, according to sources close to the process.

one source close to the process to say that the lefty's expected return to the Rockets is "not going to happen."[/quote

Looks to me like Dragic is waiting for Nash, who is waiting for Deron to sign.
Dragic is saying he's looking for 10 million. With Lowry on board, it probably doesn't make sense for Houston to follow through on that.

What's wrong with the process with Deron, Nash and Dragic? That's how it goes. Free agency doesn't end on the 11th.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #3992
Bayliss

Quote:
What's wrong with the process with Deron, Nash and Dragic? That's how it goes. Free agency doesn't end on the 11th.
Sure it doesn't end on the 11th. But it's also like getting to Wal-Mart on a Saturday afternoon after Black Friday. Whatever you may find is literally the scraps.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #3993
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Slow news night!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #3994
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure it doesn't end on the 11th. But it's also like getting to Wal-Mart on a Saturday afternoon after Black Friday. Whatever you may find is literally the scraps.
Are you concerned that waiting on Deron is causing Dallas to miss out on impact players they might otherwise be interested in? Because I don't think there's any evidence of that so far.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #3995
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Are you concerned that waiting on Deron is causing Dallas to miss out on impact players they might otherwise be interested in? Because I don't think there's any evidence of that so far.
There's one example that actually suggests the opposite in terms of putting a halt to things: Nash.

Rightfully so, he understands that Dallas is going after Deron first and hard. He's said if Deron doesn't come to Dallas, he'd be willing to listen to Dallas. Timing is an issue, but it's not like Deron seems to want to drag this out. It's very understandable to take a night to sleep on the decision. That would potentially leave the Mavericks moving to plan B on Wednesday, still very fresh in the free agency process.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #3996
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

So, if Deron doesn't work out, what do we offer for D12?
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #3997
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's one example that actually suggests the opposite in terms of putting a halt to things: Nash.

Rightfully so, he understands that Dallas is going after Deron first and hard. He's said if Deron doesn't come to Dallas, he'd be willing to listen to Dallas. Timing is an issue, but it's not like Deron seems to want to drag this out. It's very understandable to take a night to sleep on the decision. That would potentially leave the Mavericks moving to plan B on Wednesday, still very fresh in the free agency process.
Right there with you. The PG market's definitely held up, and that potentially works in Dallas' favor if their Plan B is Nash, as logic and all previous reporting would seem to indicate. And with the exception of Garnett, who didn't even make it to free agency, I'm not aware of anybody who's committed already (or been traded), who would have been a priority target for Dallas.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #3998
pepe

At some point the Mavs need to be younger and athletic.....DWill, DHoward & Hibbert a big yes....Nash a big no
Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 PM   #3999
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
So, if Deron doesn't work out, what do we offer for D12?
Likely looking at a 3-way trade if they do something in the immediate future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Right there with you. The PG market's definitely held up, and that potentially works in Dallas' favor if their Plan B is Nash, as logic and all previous reporting would seem to indicate. And with the exception of Garnett, who didn't even make it to free agency, I'm not aware of anybody who's committed already (or been traded), who would have been a priority target for Dallas.
I find it hard to believe that most positions don't really follow this blueprint, the top are handled first and the rest fall behind them. The bar has to be set and the others follow suit. JaVale McGee isn't doing anything yet...WHAT??? Maybe it's because Roy Hibbert is the top center option on the market.

The only exceptions you're really seeing so far are guys like Andre Miller and George Hill. Those are cases of guys that were pretty much set in their ways and wanted to play in their destinations and we're ready to go right away.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #4000
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
At some point the Mavs need to be younger and athletic.....DWill, DHoward & Hibbert a big yes....Nash a big no
Hibbert's the opposite of athletic.

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight