Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #3961
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting interview with Mark Cuban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEe...ature=youtu.be

Confirms that our target was Kemba (around 8:40 mark), and after we struck out, their next target was Delon Wright. Also mentions how Delon will likely be starting for us (which I guess most of us assumed anyway)

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 AM   #3962
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Curry is just too much of a liability on defense to start.
Not disagreeing but does anyone have any analytics on this? Would like to see if they agree, and if so just what the delta is.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #3963
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileanMavsFan View Post

Confirms that our target was Kemba (around 8:40 mark), and after we struck out, their next target was Delon Wright. Also mentions how Delon will likely be starting for us (which I guess most of us assumed anyway)
This is where I have a problem.... You struck out with Kemba and your next target is Delon Wright? That's like striking out with the hot chick at the bar and settling for a Kansas City 6..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #3964
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
This is where I have a problem.... You struck out with Kemba and your next target is Delon Wright? That's like striking out with the hot chick at the bar and settling for a Kansas City 6..
I agree. Besides, it was pretty obvious at least a week before the official start of free agency that Kemba was set on Boston, based on reports by Woj and other insiders. There was enough time to change course, change focus to other free agents or work out some trades.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:09 AM   #3965
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Not disagreeing but does anyone have any analytics on this? Would like to see if they agree, and if so just what the delta is.
I only remember that the Mavs television announcers back in 2016/2017 were stating that Curry was getting more minutes because he had not played much defense in the past, and was now more willing to play it. His minutes in Dallas were directly related to his willingness to defend.

Considering that he was averaging a lot of minutes in Dallas (29m per game), that only says something about willingness to change. It does not say anything about any defensive metrics now.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #3966
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. Besides, it was pretty obvious at least a week before the official start of free agency that Kemba was set on Boston, based on reports by Woj and other insiders. There was enough time to change course, change focus to other free agents or work out some trades.

Other than whiffing on the Butler trade what deal did the Mavs leave on the table that was an obvious plus for us? I can't think of one. Maxing an oft-injured Brogdon? Going hard after D-lo when we're not sure of the fit next to Luka?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #3967
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's called altering the facts. Sure, they probably called Delon and a few others so it's easy to stake some BS claim that Delon was next in line.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #3968
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Other than whiffing on the Butler trade what deal did the Mavs leave on the table that was an obvious plus for us? I can't think of one. Maxing an oft-injured Brogdon? Going hard after D-lo when we're not sure of the fit next to Luka?
I think it’s the fact that they had a week after Kemba said he was going to Bos to come up with other targets, and they didn’t have any. There were 200 FA available this summer and we had $30 million in cap space. We came out with 3 bench guys when were told by the GM that “we like stars” and “splitting aces” to get 2 starter quality players.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #3969
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

If we started Brunson, Curry and Luka together I demand to see a live camera reaction of the other team when they see the lineup. Lol. Like Christmas.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add in Powell being the last line of defense at times after one of them gets blown by. My god

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 07-10-2019 at 11:50 AM.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #3970
ChileanMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I wouldn't have gone for D-Lo. Brogdon would have been interesting but I don't think we could have outbid Pacers.

Since we are not thinking of playoffs this year, maybe taking Iguodala for a first round pick from GSW?.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:52 AM   #3971
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Iguodala has already been traded to Memphis and they’re flipping him later
Old 07-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #3972
ChileanMavsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Iguodala has already been traded to Memphis and they’re flipping him later
Yeah, what I meant is that, in retrospect, I wish we had been on that deal instead of Memphis.

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-10-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #3973
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Cato thinks we really are after Olynyk

Makes some sense I guess. Dude is a poor mans KP. Can hit the three a bit and rebound. Fairly mobile.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:17 PM   #3974
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

While “Kansas City 6” is hilarious, I actually love Delon Wright signing Dude was basically Westbrook in terms of production once he got comfortable and got minutes

13th in the league in rebound differential (spent all of 2017-2018 and the first third of 2018-2019 dead last)
18th in the league in defrtg

We desperately needed defense and rebounding and Ricks offense is built around having two playmakers. That need for rebounding from PG and SF just went up when KP arrived and Powel got pencilled in as starting C. KP is a decent rebounder, but he’s going to spend a lot of time away from the rim. Now we have Doncic and Delon who are top 10 at their position in rebounding.

Only hit on Delon is 3pt shooting, but he outshot Kidd in Kidd’s 4th season and outshot Westbrook in FG, 3pt%, and even FT% last season

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-10-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #3975
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When Cuban says 6'5'' is our smallest starter that rules out Seth. So Delon, THJ(/JJ), Luka, KP, DP. THJ has the most scoring potential and perhaps makes too much money to come off the bench?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #3976
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
When Cuban says 6'5'' is our smallest starter that rules out Seth. So Delon, THJ(/JJ), Luka, KP, DP. THJ has the most scoring potential and perhaps makes too much money to come off the bench?
Honestly see Jackson in the place of THJ

Curry and THJ sparking the second unit
Old 07-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #3977
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That’s absolute bullshit, considering the only player we met with on the opening night of free agency was Danny Green... How was he not our “next target”?

The spin coming from the FO is all you need to know about what a disaster the off-season was. People who got what they wanted don’t act this way.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #3978
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Curry 50% career on corner threes

Dear god, give that man some minutes next to Doncic and Delon
Old 07-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #3979
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
While “Kansas City 6” is hilarious, I actually love Delon Wright signing Dude was basically Westbrook in terms of production once he got comfortable and got minutes

13th in the league in rebound differential (spent all of 2017-2018 and the first third of 2018-2019 dead last)
18th in the league in defrtg

We desperately needed defense and rebounding and Ricks offense is built around having two playmakers. That need for rebounding from PG and SF just went up when KP arrived and Powel got pencilled in as starting C. KP is a decent rebounder, but he’s going to spend a lot of time away from the rim. Now we have Doncic and Delon who are top 10 at their position in rebounding.

Only hit on Delon is 3pt shooting, but he outshot Kidd in Kidd’s 4th season and outshot Westbrook in FG, 3pt%, and even FT% last season
I like Delon as well...just when you have 30 million in cap space and he's the bell cow of what you brought in..just a little underwhelming. It's not a knock on him though..
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #3980
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Curry 50% career on corner threes

Dear god, give that man some minutes next to Doncic and Delon
Yeah, you have to have shooters when Doncic is on the court. I really wish the Mavs would have gotten a second shooter to go with Curry.... Curry will thrive next year.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #3981
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
I like Delon as well...just when you have 30 million in cap space and he's the bell cow of what you brought in..just a little underwhelming. It's not a knock on him though..
I am going to remember the comparison of Delon Wright to Westbrook I just read until the day I die.

I really wonder how many people in this thread side with management at work. Lol
Old 07-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #3982
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jackson is the only player on the roster outside of KP with true two way potential. His offense is still better than his defense, but he had spurts of really good D last season. Certainly has the tools...just needs the experience.

Curry is just too much of a liability on defense to start. That would force someone like DFS to start which IMO is a no-no. And people really overrate what Curry brings offensively. He is a killer three point shooter, but so is Broekhof who also isn't a starter. Neither player does anything else particularly well. I suppose Curry is a better ball handler.

Still, Luka/Wright/Jackson/DP/KP brings the best balance until other moves are made. You have a ton of scoring to bring off the bench in the scenario with Curry, Brunson, and THJ.
If Luka is subbed out early, like Rick likes to do with players, I hope he isn't being subbed but Curry. Those two really need to be on the court together. Yes Curry is one dimensional no question but he is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league and you simply have to have that weapon at Luka's disposal.

Jackson and Wright would be the perfect complements to guys like Westbrook and Harden but Luka is a different kind of player that needs weapons and has the ability to maximize those weapons.

I do think Rick will tinker with the starting lineup but I have a feeling Seth will be in it quite often by January 1, 2020.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #3983
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Wright signing— he has length, can defend and still has some untapped potential even at 27. But no way he was next in line after Kemba. Another team could’ve sent an offer sheet at any time. Cuban is hard to take seriously, like, ever anymore. So many warts were covered up by his previous willingness to spend into the luxury tax— it enabled the J-Ho for Haywood, Stevenson, Caron deal. Without that crutch he’s looked woefully behind the times for the most part.

Last edited by mac222b; 07-10-2019 at 12:53 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #3984
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

So we have officially pissed away $14m of the $30m in cap space that we had...

@espn_macmahon: Welp, the Mavs made Maxi Kleber’s deal official. That’s a sign that they will be punting on the cap space they didn’t use in free agency.

@AlbertNahmad: Maxi Kleber’s signing suggests what I tweeted about 3 days ago – that the Mavs will act as an over-the-cap team, taking Seth Curry into the NT-MLE, Boban Marjanovic into the BAE, and preserving $12M of their trade exception for future use.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #3985
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

@espn_macmahon: Welp, the Mavs made Maxi Kleber’s deal official. That’s a sign that they will be punting on the cap space they didn’t use in free agency.

@AlbertNahmad: Maxi Kleber’s signing suggests what I tweeted about 3 days ago – that the Mavs will act as an over-the-cap team, taking Seth Curry into the NT-MLE, Boban Marjanovic into the BAE, and preserving $12M of their trade exception for future use.
So no trade incoming...
Thats disappointing. Unless it was Olynyk.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #3986
ChileanMavsFan

Quote:

Welp is right. Keeping the powder dry truly is our rally cry.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:22 PM   #3987
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cubans lies are so easy to spot. Tries to make them look good by saying our backup option came through. Delon was not plan B
Old 07-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #3988
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
I posted this in the Kristaps thread, but Seth actually rated well above average in this new defensive metric they developed at 538:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-defense/#fn-1

He was middle of the pack in DRPM:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...ge/7/sort/DRPM

Most of the defensive metrics I've seen have him about average to a little below average.

Also, for what it's worth, here's an article written during the playoffs this year about how he's focusing on defense:

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...ter-seth-curry
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #3989
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Curry is just too much of a liability on defense to start.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #3990
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That’s absolute bullshit, considering the only player we met with on the opening night of free agency was Danny Green... How was he not our “next target”?

The spin coming from the FO is all you need to know about what a disaster the off-season was. People who got what they wanted don’t act this way.
I'm totally fine with spin. You can spin sweet muffins from horse manure from our free agency. It's obvious and gonna happen.

Trashing fans on twitter was the big no no. You know it's bad when Fish and his cronies themselves are up in arms about that. It's typical narcissism though. Blame others when you've failed.

I won't forgive that...ever. My entire view of the FO has changed after that stupidity.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:55 PM   #3991
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I am going to remember the comparison of Delon Wright to Westbrook I just read until the day I die.

I really wonder how many people in this thread side with management at work. Lol
I am management at work..
Old 07-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #3992
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
I'm totally fine with spin. You can spin sweet muffins from horse manure from our free agency. It's obvious and gonna happen.

Trashing fans on twitter was the big no no. You know it's bad when Fish and his cronies themselves are up in arms about that. It's typical narcissism though. Blame others when you've failed.

I won't forgive that...ever. My entire view of the FO has changed after that stupidity.
I concur..... It has to be really, really painfully obvious if Fish is siding against Cuban...
Old 07-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #3993
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yeah, but it's expected due to Cuban's ego. Also, there's no way to objectively measure how much the fact that he owns the Mavs damages their ability to attract FA's.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #3994
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agree.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #3995
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:

I'm so surprised. /sarc
Old 07-10-2019, 02:12 PM   #3996
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I concur..... It has to be really, really painfully obvious if Fish is siding against Cuban...
When I read it, the first thing I thought was that the Fish boys were being fed information from the Mavs FO, and then were extremely disappointed that much of it now appears to be BS.

Or, by the same token, the information they were being fed was accurate, but free agency was such a failure that the FO spins it now to make the fans and media look like they were hyperventilating.

Either way, it made the 247 site complicit. Most of us knew the obvious... that the Fish site has very few good sources outside the Mavs Front Office, and that the 247 site is largely made up of writers who are just carrying FO water. Now they feel the heat, and they're pouting about it.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #3997
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I'm so surprised. /sarc
They're stupid AND they go off on the fans!

Thank god we have Luka and KP to watch otherwise I'd be out.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #3998
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
I posted this in the Kristaps thread, but Seth actually rated well above average in this new defensive metric they developed at 538:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-defense/#fn-1

He was middle of the pack in DRPM:

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...ge/7/sort/DRPM

Most of the defensive metrics I've seen have him about average to a little below average.

Also, for what it's worth, here's an article written during the playoffs this year about how he's focusing on defense:

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...ter-seth-curry
I'd be wary of putting much stock in that new metric because according to it PG13 is just barely a positive on defense and guys like Austin Rivers, Dragic, Hood, Rose, Lillard, McCollum, Burke, DSJ, Hayward, and Seth are all better than him. Just to name a few of the "wtf" ones.
Edit- It also ranks Kawhi Leonard well below Seth and several of the ones I listed above.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-10-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #3999
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd be wary of putting much stock in that new metric because according to it PG13 is just barely a positive on defense and guys like Austin Rivers, Dragic, Hood, Rose, Lillard, McCollum, Burke, DSJ, Hayward, and Seth are all better than him. Just to name a few of the "wtf" ones.
Edit- It also ranks Kawhi Leonard well below Seth and several of the ones I listed above.
I mean, they just made up a metric that would fit the acronym DRAYMOND, and would rank Draymond Green number 1 in it’s first year. It just seems to tell who is nearest to the opposing player when the shot goes up.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #4000
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I mean, they just made up a metric that would fit the acronym DRAYMOND, and would rank Draymond Green number 1 in it’s first year. It just seems to tell who is nearest to the opposing player when the shot goes up.
I don't think they made up a metric to fit DRAYMOND, I think they made up a statistical metric that they think is accurate (FWIW) and then made up an acronym to fit it that would spell out DRAYMOND. I'm not saying that the stat is or isn't worth anything, but that's a vital difference.

Tags
win now