Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #401
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Kidd is dominating out there. He is way worse offensively than we could have ever imagined.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #402
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Do our guys still look like they are playing hard? It's getting hard to tell. We look very frustrated.
it seems clear to me that they do not believe they can win...things must change...and at this point, I'm sure I care what they are as long as PART of the change is Avery Johnson being fired as soon as the final second of the final game of this season......

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #403
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

this is teh suck - fire avery!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #404
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
OK, going to bed is more important than watching that whore crap. See you Friday, guys. I ´m too tired
Good night, at 2.15 am I am seriously thinking about doing the same.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #405
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
or you could stop posting. Instead of asking to be put out of misery you could take initiative and turn it off
spare us.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #406
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously what has Stack brought to this game?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #407
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Okay lets Rally now. Mavs will come back. Get some stops and we will be fine. And also start Terry in the second half.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #408
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

has a coach every been fired in the middle of a playoff series?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #409
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Kidd is dominating out there. He is way worse offensively than we could have ever imagined.
blame Avery for this...its his precious system that has proven that not even HOFers can overcome his stupidity

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #410
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Do you guys STILL insist defense isn't a problem?
And that was with them actually trying to play defense. Now that they know they can't defend them, what do they do in the 2nd half?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #411
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

from the NBA.com boxscore....

Every single f***ing Hornet is in the + (apart from Bonzi Wells, who is -1), while every single f***ing Maverick is in the -
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #412
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfanforever
I think he was talking about Juwan Howard

Oh, I never remember Juwan being athletic.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #413
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
has a player/coach (kidd) ever been hired in the middle of a playoff series?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #414
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I wish...the Mavs would play way better without any coach at this point....

Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #415
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
blame Avery for this...its his precious system that has proven that not even HOFers can overcome his stupidity
They're not HOFers for their defense. Which is the only problem right now.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #416
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

This team is bad at the moment. Their body language is not looking good at all. Swagger is not a word that I want to hear out of any of their mouths either. This team is self destructing before our eyes and it's very sad. I hope this isn't the end.
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #417
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I seriously would not be pissed if Dirk asked to be traded in the summer. The guy deserves better, and I would love to see him get a ring as primetime player. He isn't gonna do it in Dallas, and I don't want to see him go down the "KG in Minny" way.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #418
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

i'm going to say it again. Let Chris Paul score 40 points--stay home on everyone else. The team gets going more on Peja three's and Tyson dunks than anything else.

Contact Me
Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #419
sike
The Preacha

16pts down in a game they really needed to win = stupid and heartless.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #420
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i'm going to say it again. Let Chris Paul score 40 points--stay home on everyone else. The team gets going more on Peja three's and Tyson dunks than anything else.
avery doesnt think of the obvious.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #421
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

lets see what this team is made of. It would be very easy to quit now. We played defense like the nuggets...when you give up 70points a half in the playoffs, you are wondering what you are doing in the playoffs in the first place.

Is Damp injured? Why the **** did he play 10minutes. Avery please use the monster trade and give JKIDD some playing time.

Anyone out there to support dirk?

If we can come all the way back the series might shift, but right now they make us look like wizards against the cavs...

DO it...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #422
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Seriously what has Stack brought to this game?
Must we really have to point it out to you? Nothing!

Are we really this bad? Or can we turn things around in the second half like the Hornets did in game one????????????
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #423
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Why did we assume Avery would be able to handle a championship caliber team? Why did we waste these last few years? Just cause when he was a player, everyone thought he had a coaches mentality?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #424
alby
Guru

people who say this is kidd's fault is pretty uneducated.

Contact Me
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #425
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

JVG....come back to Texas.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #426
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
They're not HOFers for their defense. Which is the only problem right now.
I'm not sure how to even respond to this comment...

"only problem".....?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #427
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
16pts down in a game they really needed to win = stupid and heartless.
stupid..maybe

heartless i dont really think so...Dirk and Jho (for the most part) are actually attacking and getting hard fouls to get to the ft line..

NO is getting to the foul line with touch calls...nothing much we can do about that.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #428
alby
Guru

i'm glad there's another game on, that way I don't have to see the TNT halftime show.

Contact Me
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #429
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Why did we assume Avery would be able to handle a championship caliber team? Why did we waste these last few years? Just cause when he was a player, everyone thought he had a coaches mentality?
that is what I've been saying....its like giving a million dollar car to a kid on their 16th birthday...the entire thing is lunacy

Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #430
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

Quote:
We just assumed so because of all the hype Nellie was giving out regarding Avery. We should've known Avery wasn't a great defensive coach when it was NELLIE that was endorsing him.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #431
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Do this, mix in a little zone, make them a jump shooting team, and hope they miss. JET, Howard and Dirk need to step up offensively.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #432
fluid.forty.one

pkdum a s

you forgot a b and another s in your name

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 04-22-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #433
Bookit
Diamond Member

Another thing that pisses me off about avery is his love for old(experienced) players. He has quite a roster full of them now.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #434
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
stupid..maybe

heartless i dont really think so...Dirk and Jho (for the most part) are actually attacking and getting hard fouls to get to the ft line..

NO is getting to the foul line with touch calls...nothing much we can do about that.
heartless defense...defense is all about heart.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #435
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alykhan04
We just assumed so because of all the hype Nellie was giving out regarding Avery. We should've known Avery wasn't a great defensive coach when it was NELLIE that was endorsing him.
Nellie also anti-hyped the team all the time, saying how bad we were when we were really very good.

I think he just talked Avery up so he could go ahead and take some time off to drink bud lights in hawaii.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #436
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alykhan04
and when Nellie was being forced out....sheesh....hindsight is a brutal mistress.....

Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #437
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Oh, I never remember Juwan being athletic.
That was a joke.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #438
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Darn, I really thought a case would get me through tonights game. Oh well, mabye the tequila will get me through the second half and be a change of luck.

Last edited by left texas; 04-22-2008 at 07:25 PM.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #439
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

Quote:
AGREED.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #440
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
Do this, mix in a little zone, make them a jump shooting team, and hope they miss. JET, Howard and Dirk need to step up offensively.
yup. there's NO way Tyson Chandler should have 8, West have 18, and Peja have 14. They all need Chris Paul to create in order for them to produce. So just stay home. Avery--you are defensive minded coach--I thought you would have wanted our players to guard their guys straight up, 1 on 1............

Contact Me