Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 AM   #401
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with KG, dirno, and chum on this one. Romo may not be the answer, but it's certainly not Bledsoe. I've seen enough of Bledsoe to know that he wasn't going to lead the Cowboys to anything better than an 8-8 record, if even that high. When Romo was in there, the offense started looking like a real NFL offense (which it hasn't during big games with Bledsoe). The ball started to get spread to multiple targets, and there wasn't a sack every other play. Romo's scrambling was able to buy him some time in the pocket. Heck, even the couple of times he got sacked were only 2 or 3 yard losses as opposed to the 12 yard sacks of Bledsoe that were total drive-killers. Romo will probably make his fair share of mistakes, but considering Bledsoe was making a slew of mistakes anyways, let's go ahead and start Romo. We might as well try to figure out what we have in Romo.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2006, 02:02 AM   #402
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

(edit: as others have pointed out) it will be nice to see Witten reintroduced to the offense with the young QB...for some reason Bledsoe just didn't seem to send the ball his way too often...of course I suppose the fact that he has had to stay at the line to block has not helped the matter

anyway...welcome back Jason!

count me in the group that has totally givin up on Bledsoe. The combination of his cement feet and the line's inability to block anyone make him a poor fit for this offense.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 10-24-2006 at 02:14 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:45 AM   #403
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i hate bledsoe...hes gonna get a fatass..from sitting on the bench for the rest of the year..
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #404
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Bledsoe needs to retire. That was the worst timing, and worst performance I have seen from a coaching staff, and O-Line in a long time.

Bledsoe was bad, but they were only down 5 with him in the game. Romo SUCKED, and made so many mistakes that led to Giant points -- his good plays couldn't keep up.

Can you imagine how well he is going to do, when defenses actually game plan for him? Pressure him, and he'll move, but make as dumb or dumber mistakes than the veteran.

Dallas last night went from Superbowl contender to "probably" out of the playoffs. Bill and Jerry needs to share in some of the blame for not bolstering this O-Line. The blue print is there to beat them this year, so you might as well get some experience for Romo.

Bledsoe then and now is what he is. Mgmt didn't fix the problem (Oline) from last year, but somehow expected a different outcome this year, WHY?

My personal opinion is that Bledsoe would lose less games for you this year, than Romo will. I don't believe the Cowboys have a chance at the playoffs without Bledsoe. With that said, I don't think they would go anywhere in the playoffs if they did make it. Romo needs to get the mistakes out of him, and get the chance to make plays.

Bledsoe needs to retire, Romo needs to play, and Dallas needs to trade up and take a real QB high in the draft (not missing).
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #405
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Bledsoe needs to retire. That was the worst timing, and worst performance I have seen from a coaching staff, and O-Line in a long time.
camel's back was simply broken in regards to Drew...I dont think it was about "how" bad he played in the first half but rather it was about how bad he's been all season and how he has proven so completely his inability to avoid the rush and his poor decision making.
Quote:
Can you imagine how well he is going to do, when defenses actually game plan for him? Pressure him, and he'll move, but make as dumb or dumber mistakes than the veteran.
I'm sure that "dumber" is a realative term...for me, it doesn't get any "dumber" than veteran QB consistantly tossing the ball to only one option when he has a minimum of 4 and stupid turn overs are just stupid at any experience level...and Bledsoe has well proven that dispite his years in the league he is a terrible decision maker.

Quote:
Dallas last night went from Superbowl contender to "probably" out of the playoffs.
I would suggest that Bledsoe throwing int and Romo throwing them is about the same in regards to their super bowl chances...and you have to admit, pup, Romo gives you something that Bledsoe just can't: an extra second or two and a chance to make a play on the move.

Quote:
My personal opinion is that Bledsoe would lose less games for you this year, than Romo will. I don't believe the Cowboys have a chance at the playoffs without Bledsoe.
I think the fact that he was on his way to losing them his third was simply enough for Bill to pull the trigger...and that he felt/feels that they didn't have a "cahnce at the playoffs with Bledsoe.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #406
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

Bledsoe was bad, but they were only down 5 with him in the game. Romo SUCKED, and made so many mistakes that led to Giant points -- his good plays couldn't keep up.

Dallas last night went from Superbowl contender to "probably" out of the playoffs. Bill and Jerry needs to share in some of the blame for not bolstering this O-Line. The blue print is there to beat them this year, so you might as well get some experience for Romo.

Bledsoe then and now is what he is. Mgmt didn't fix the problem (Oline) from last year, but somehow expected a different outcome this year, WHY?

My personal opinion is that Bledsoe would lose less games for you this year, than Romo will. I don't believe the Cowboys have a chance at the playoffs without Bledsoe. With that said, I don't think they would go anywhere in the playoffs if they did make it. Romo needs to get the mistakes out of him, and get the chance to make plays.

Bledsoe needs to retire, Romo needs to play, and Dallas needs to trade up and take a real QB high in the draft (not missing).

Haha - that's what I was saying LAST year!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #407
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's Jthig's quick thoughts if anyone cares:

I can't say I had a lot of confidence in Bledsoe last night, but it's hard for me to believe we punted on the season down 12-7 at halftime of the 6th game. Say what you want about this team, and you're probably right, but it's hard for me to believe we couldn't at least wait until next week for Romo.

I've always been a Parcells defender, but this is just not working, at this point. This OLine is not good enough for anyone to be successful, and we're looking at one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory this year. What hurts the worst is where the busts happened. I can handle trying for an OLineman and having him fail. What I can't handle is using your first two picks on positions that were not a high need at all, and having them be monumental busts (so far).

The defense is average, which is sickening when you look at how much money and how many draft picks have been used for it over the past few years. It's disgusting.

I wasn't ready to punt at halftime last night, but after the end of the game, I'm more than ready. Play Romo, play Carpenter, let Skyler Green return punts, and get Pat McQ activated and playing. I want this year to be a total rebuilding year. And when you have a top 15 pick next year, I want an offensive player, period.

One last note: I think Bledsoe probably retires this week if we stick with Romo. He's already said he doesn't want to be a backup anymore. I feel bad for Drew. I think he is done, but he's a great guy, a standup guy, and an honest guy. He was a great interview on BaD radio every week, and I wish him the best of he does walk away.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-24-2006 at 09:25 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #408
sike
The Preacha

The only problem with this being a rebuilding year, thiggy, is that with just decent line and QB play this is one of the better teams in the league...IF this move can make the line a bit better and IF the line can hold for just a bit more....things COULD work out this season. Does that mean I'm thinking super bowl...nope...but playoffs, yup.

oh...and fire the defensive coach...that guy blows. (is it too early in the season for that?)

Old 10-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #409
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why would Bledsoe retire and leave us without a backup QB? That's not gonna happen.

Why do you think Fasano is a bust? I think that's a reach on your part.

And it's not like they have just left the offense to wither on the vine. They drafted a starter in the second round. They signed in free agency a starting receiver, a starting left guard, and a rotation offensive lineman.

They are getting production from last year's project at RT. Their young running backs are rounding into form. They evidently have a fleet of young receivers.

It's not like the cubboard has been left bare.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #410
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
The only problem with this being a rebuilding year, thiggy, is that with just decent line and QB play this is one of the better teams in the league...IF this move can make the line a bit better and IF the line can hold for just a bit more....things COULD work out this season. Does that mean I'm thinking super bowl...nope...but playoffs, yup.

oh...and fire the defensive coach...that guy blows. (is it too early in the season for that?)
Well, I disagree. I think it's obvious that our defense was overrated, so I don't think a decent QB is going to cut it.

I also don't think Romo is going to be a decent QB, either. Not this year.

Playing Romo is punting on the season, period.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #411
sike
The Preacha

great point about the WR's, chummy, Herd and Crayton (especially Crayton) look to be players...and Fasano has done nothing but look like a Witten starter kit

Old 10-24-2006, 10:34 AM   #412
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Well, I disagree. I think it's obvious that our defense was overrated, so I don't think a decent QB is going to cut it.

I also don't think Romo is going to be a decent QB, either. Not this year.

Playing Romo is punting on the season, period.
way too early to say this...but it was time to say this about Bledsoe.

period.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:35 AM   #413
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Why would Bledsoe retire and leave us without a backup QB? That's not gonna happen.

Why do you think Fasano is a bust? I think that's a reach on your part.

And it's not like they have just left the offense to wither on the vine. They drafted a starter in the second round. They signed in free agency a starting receiver, a starting left guard, and a rotation offensive lineman.

They are getting production from last year's project at RT. Their young running backs are rounding into form. They evidently have a fleet of young receivers.

It's not like the cubboard has been left bare.
Fasano is a bust so far because he can't block, and we already had a pass catching tight end. It was a reach when we made the pick, and it's a bust so far.

We already had a blocking tight end and a receiving tight end. Now we have two receiving tight ends, who are both below average run blockers.

I'm not saying we've left the offense to whither, but certainly our WR position is pretty bare. I don't see how you can say we have a "fleet" of young receivers. Crayton has a shot at being a #2 someday, what have you seen from any of the others that suggests they're going to be anything more than backups?

And I don't think you can call what we're getting from Columbo "production". He's been average at best, which does mean he's playing better than Flo and Rivera, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Drafting a starter to your offense is great. Drafting a starter in your offense for a position that was arguably your strongest offensive position to begin with doesn't make much sense.

I'm not saying the offense has been left to rot. But we need young talent on the line and at the WR position. Fast.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #414
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
great point about the WR's, chummy, Herd and Crayton (especially Crayton) look to be players...and Fasano has done nothing but look like a Witten starter kit
Hurd has done nothing.

Crayton looks solid, could be a #2 someday.

Fasano is certainly a Witten starter kit. Here's the problem, we already have Witten. We need a blocker at second TE, not a pass catcher. That was a terrible pick at the time, and it's going to cost us.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #415
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
way too early to say this...but it was time to say this about Bledsoe.

period.
How is it way too early to say this? Rookie QB's unless they turn out to be elite NFL QB's, do not carry teams into the playoffs in their first year.

They are able to be caretakers, at best. And a caretaker at QB is not going to get this team into the playoffs. Not with the defense playing like it is.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #416
sike
The Preacha

I think the D might turn it around it the offense keeps them off the field a bit more...

I want to do my best to not speak in absolutes about such speculative matters.

But I agree the D has been suspect.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #417
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thig, I'm starting to wonder just how closely you pay attention to the Cowboys...or if you just watch the games. If you were paying close attention, you would know that both Hurd and Rector have both shown tremendous upside. And yes, Crayton is playing pretty solid. He'll play in the NFL a long time. But Hurd and Rector, particularly Hurd, have the potential to be even better than him.

And I guess you just don't get this multi-TE offense we are running. Fasano wasn't redundant when we drafted him. I don't think you understand what they are trying to do.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #418
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Thig, I'm starting to wonder just how closely you pay attention to the Cowboys...or if you just watch the games. If you were paying close attention, you would know that both Hurd and Rector have both shown tremendous upside. And yes, Crayton is playing pretty solid. He'll play in the NFL a long time. But Hurd and Rector, particularly Hurd, have the potential to be even better than him.

And I guess you just don't get this multi-TE offense we are running. Fasano wasn't redundant when we drafted him. I don't think you understand what they are trying to do.
Hurd and Rector looked good in preseason. They haven't shown any ability to run superior routes or get separation on real, NFL talent CB's. Can they be good someday? Sure. But to think that they have the potential to be #1's in this league at this point is just silly.

And I think it's YOU that doesn't understand the two tight end offense. Fasano's main priority in this offense is to block, period. He is the fullback on the majority of our run plays, and even from his TE slot, his primary roll is to block. Do you disagree with this? When we split wide, on pass plays, then he runs his routes, and he's available for dumpoffs after blocking at times. If you have a second TE that is a bocker first, but a good pass catcher when needed, he fits perfect in this offense.

But make no mistake, in a two TE offense, one of your TE's has to be a good blocker.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-24-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #419
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I think the D might turn it around it the offense keeps them off the field a bit more...

I want to do my best to not speak in absolutes about such speculative matters.

But I agree the D has been suspect.
But why do you think the offense with Romo will keep offenses off the field more? Romo is known as a young gunslinger. He's most likely going to throw more interceptions than Bledsoe. Now, he might also make more plays overall than Bledsoe, but it's not like we're going to stop making mistakes with a young, playmaker QB playing.

My frustration is making me speak in absolutes. Clearly I could be completely wrong. But at this point, with NY being 3-0 in the division, with two of their road games out of the way, it's going to be awfully hard to catch them.

Add that to a young QB, and an underachieving defense, and certainly I think the playoffs are a long shot.

I'd rather rebuild and get a high draft pick at this point.

And Chum, I don't think it's out of the question at all that Bledsoe retires before the season is over. He said in no uncertain terms that he is not interested in being a backup, and he did not want to go through what he went through in NE again.

Plus, his comments after the game were very interesting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-24-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 AM   #420
sike
The Preacha

lets keep it from getting personal guys...

all in all, if the Oline can give Romo the same time it gave Bledsoe...more plays will be made...and if they can silghtly improve, Romo can make the most of it.

This can (notice I'm not promising anything) still be a playoff team...but things need to get going NOW!

Last edited by sike; 10-24-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #421
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

Oh, and to answer your first statement:

I certainly wouldn't qualify myself highly educated on football. But, I do actively participate in the two primary Cowboy blogs around here, and I lurk at a well known Cowboys forum. One blog, in particular, is very informative, with complete film breakdown and such. I also watched every minute of the preseason games, and obviously don't miss any of the regular season games.

So, while I certainly wouldn't say I have any more insight than anyone else, I'm most certainly not an average fan that sits down to watch the game when it's convenient. I stay very informed on what's going on with the team.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #422
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
But why do you think the offense with Romo will keep offenses off the field more? Romo is known as a young gunslinger. He's most likely going to throw more interceptions than Bledsoe. Now, he might also make more plays overall than Bledsoe, but it's not like we're going to stop making mistakes with a young, playmaker QB playing.
I don't think throwing more picks than Bledsoe is the issue...but I do believe Romo's ability to move/scramble will help avoid the rush/make defenses think twice/extend drives...as far as interceptions go...I'm going to assume that Romo won't throw anymore game ending/heart crushing/fury deserving interceptions than Bledsoe...maybe...but I don't think ints alone are the issue here.

Quote:
My frustration is making me speak in absolutes. Clearly I could be completely wrong. But at this point, with NY being 3-0 in the division, with two of their road games out of the way, it's going to be awfully hard to catch them.
I know your pain bro...it ain't no fun

Quote:
Add that to a young QB, and an underachieving defense, and certainly I think the playoffs are a long shot.
with the way the East has underachieved thus far...if Romo brings a spark to this team (and QB changes usually do) they could still win the East forget the wild card....of course that is wildly optimistic

Quote:
I'd rather rebuild and get a high draft pick at this point.
just remind yourself...game 7 is next week...by week 10 you may have a point...lets wait and see.

Quote:
Plus, his comments after the game were very interesting.
which were? link?

Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #423
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
which were? link?
He came right out and said Bill made a mistake doing what he did.

That, combined with him saying numerous times in the past that he has no interest in being a backup makes me think he might just up and retire.

Maybe.

Here's the link.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #424
sike
The Preacha

Bledsoe's tone is hard to get from the print but he certainly might quit on this team...

Old 10-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #425
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Bledsoe's tone is hard to get from the print but he certainly might quit on this team...
Well, I think it's pretty easy to imagine what his tone was. If you heard him on BaD radio when they asked him about the situation in New England, you could still hear the hurt in his voice.

I think he retires, and honestly, I won't even be mad. I don't think I'd hold it against him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #426
sike
The Preacha

I won't be mad...or sorry...

oh by the way...who would be brought in?

Old 10-24-2006, 11:55 AM   #427
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I won't be mad...or sorry...

oh by the way...who would be brought in?
Vinny, I bet.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #428
sike
The Preacha

oh yuck.

Norm and Bob don't think he'll dump a team "midstream"....whatever that means.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:11 PM   #429
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so what, its better than having his ass in there behind the center taking sacks!!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:29 PM   #430
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

What a waste of a 1st and 2nd round pick. The Cowboys just need to start trading their pick's away for a developed player. I can't help but think the Cowboys could've moved up and gotten Leinhart with the 1st and 2nd pick. First thing i'd do next season is attempt to trade our 1st rounder for a pro bowl tackle if possible. I doubt a team would even give up on a pro bowl tackle in the first place unless for salary cap reasons.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #431
sike
The Preacha

Bob and Dan are pretty sure the sky has just fallen...season over.

Boy I would love to see them have to eat crow on this one....or at least I hope they have to

Old 10-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #432
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Bob and Dan are pretty sure the sky has just fallen...season over.

Boy I would love to see them have to eat crow on this one....or at least I hope they have to
I hope they're wrong too, but the overall history of the NFL suggest the odds are MIGHTILY in favor of them being right.

You just don't turn a mediocre team over to a brand new QB and expect for things to turn around.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #433
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep in mind that Bob and Dan host the Drew Bledsoe show. I'm sure they'd tell you it doesn't affect thier opinions but it has to. How uncomfortable is that show going to be if Bledsoe is permanently benched.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #434
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Keep in mind that Bob and Dan host the Drew Bledsoe show. I'm sure they'd tell you it doesn't affect thier opinions but it has to. How uncomfortable is that show going to be if Bledsoe is permanently benched.
would that show keep going??? man that would be uber tense radio....I'd make sure to tune in

Old 10-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #435
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would because there's probably a contract in place.

Just like they continued the Wilkerson show after he was hurt and had nothing to offer as a guest.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #436
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I think it would because there's probably a contract in place.

Just like they continued the Wilkerson show after he was hurt and had nothing to offer as a guest.
that show was such a beating..

Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #437
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
You just don't turn a mediocre team over to a brand new QB and expect for things to turn around.
I don't think they expect to turn around this season. I think this is for the future because they may have to fix this need in the draft next season. Its better to find out now than later when you have Romo and a possibly drafted qb in here.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #438
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

It's Romo's time to show if he can play or not. It was nice to see Whitten actually catch a pass. I seem to remember in all 6 sames I have seen Fasano miss blocks...not just miss but whiff.. I can say on a sweep last night in Giants territory Fasano was the lead blocker and ran right by the guy who made the tackle.

I have been a life long Cowboys fan but this team is destined to be 8-8. The offensive line sucks..
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #439
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Trust in Big Bill people. Trust in Big Bill. You know he's got something up his sleeve with this qb switch. What a genius.

lol
Old 10-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #440
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

On an unrelated (and off-topic) subject:

Bob and Dan.... if they EVER get a show with Dirk I think we should shoot them.